Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Ok we need to get on to some sort of topic....quickly.

quickly? ok how bout....HEALTH RECOVERY! what sort of extra health items will there be in brawl!?! how bout rations from MGS, or a wing repair thing from Star Fox!?! or maybe....a skip sandwich...DELUXE! so you could get your % down and move super fast too. like the bunny wabbit ears.

I vote... huh. Energy Tank for 100% recovery, Heart Container for full recovery, Maxim Tomato for 50% recovery (Kirby usually had six hits), get rid of food entirely, Skip Sandwich Deluxe for full health revocery and bunny hood effect (awesome idea thar, Chrono26). Actual Poison Mushrooms that do actual damage in large amounts (20%+), unlike the Poison Mushrooms that make you smaller.

Spider Ball lets you run on walls temporarily - use it to hide under the stage for a while, but if you stay too long, you get stuck. The Mirror Shield pickup temporarily deflects energy projectiles (I.E. Samus' Charge Beam, but not her missiles), Bomblings replace or are added without replacing bombombs, and have the ability to walk up walls (meaning no hiding behind low barriers bombombs can't cross), Kirby's Jet ability returns to augment jump power (but not speed), the "Sleepy" enemies from Kirby Superstar that, upon being touched, will make your character fall asleep temporarily, P-Wing lets you jump infinitely (again, temporary).

Please, someone continue.

They could add the hook or claw shot as an item. It could allow players to grap enemies from a distance and they could also use for recovery purposes. The energy tank idea to recover 100% damage was really cool. How about the POW (power item) from Excitetruck. Players will temporarily be faster, stronger, and more durable but not invincible. It should also be a rare and very short lasting item. What do you guys think.

What I wouldn't mind they do with the super smash attack items is make it so you acquire so many, say 3, before you can do the Super Smash Attack. Somewhat reminiscent of gauges found in other fighting games. At least at that point you'll have earned it and, by requiring 3, it won't happen too often. Obviously disable-able.

They could add the hook or claw shot as an item. It could allow players to grap enemies from a distance and they could also use for recovery purposes. The energy tank idea to recover 100% damage was really cool. How about the POW (power item) from Excitetruck. Players will temporarily be faster, stronger, and more durable but not invincible. It should also be a rare and very short lasting item. What do you guys think.

Oh, how about the "!" icon from Excite Truck? You grab it and alters the playing field, or launches your opponents into the air?

how about the pow block

you throw is and everything dies

They already had a POW block in SSB on the Mushroom Kingdom stage.

Here are my suggestions:

1. The Bug-catching Net from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past BugCatchingNet.png

It would be used as a weapon like the bat, parasol, star rod, beam sword, fan, Lip's stick, and home run bat. It could also be said to be from Animal Crossing which is even more likely.

2. Bullet Bills from the Mario series.

They would be used as a throwing weapon like shells, and Bo-Bombs. Except, you would throw them, and they wouldn't fall over time. They would just keep on going at a constant rate until they collide with something (upon which they would either explode or just deal damage and keep going) , collide with the terrain, or exit the playable area.

3. Question Mark Mushrooms from the Battle Mode on Super Mario Bros 3. QuestionMarkMushroom.png

They would do just what they do in the game: switch you with your opponent, or a random one of your opponents. They could also use the Warp Block from the Mario Party series, which does the same thing.

4. Watermelons from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. Watermelon.gif

Any character could pick up a watermelon, which they would then proceed to swallow. They could shoot the watermelon seeds out of their mouth with limited charges like the ray gun and superscope. Press the throw button or combo to spit out the watermelon.

5. I already posted this, but the Kuribo's shoe from Super Mario Bros 3. KuribosShoe.gif

This renders your character unable to move in any way but hopping. You could give small hops to walk across the ground, or large hops to try to deal damage. Landing on a foe's head would cause heavy damage like the Hammer. The downside would be the inability to do anything else but hop. Can't attack, throw- just hop. Oh, and you would lose it right away like in the game if you took damage. It would make the original sound effect too, when you lose it.

Or Missing# from Pokemon, where when you pick it up it messes up the controls, for instance up would be a R or something completely random.

I seriously doubt they would put a glitch from another game into SSB :P It wasn't even meant to be part of the game. But I have to agree, it would make a pretty awesome item...I'm just curious as to what it would look like. Just like a mosaic-censored looking thing?

Wouldn't it be weird if they accomadated underwater combat in Smash? There would be stages where characters could fall into a pond, swim around, and would have an arsenal of attacks or version of the midair ones underwater. Certain attacks wouldn't work like Din's Fire, and Fire Breath. BTW, I wish that on Brawl, if he's included, Bowser would be able to blow fire further, or just straight- not downward. It would be so much cooler if he blew fireballs like in the first Super Mario Bros. Also, it should make it so if you're holding a Bomb with Link, and you press Down B (or the equivalent), he just sets it down on the ground. That has always since the first Zelda game been Link's move with Bombs- throwing came later. It would be a cool and a great help if Link could set Bombs like he has been able to in all of his games.

THE THREAD IS ALIVE!!!!

i like the energy tank, bug net, potion and kuribo's show ideas. how bout mario's cape, eventhough he used it as an attack. you could fly with it. or the racoon tail. or maybe the flute to cause some sort of tornado attack.

Any character could pick up a watermelon, which they would then proceed to swallow. They could shoot the watermelon seeds out of their mouth with limited charges like the ray gun and superscope. Press the throw button or combo to spit out the watermelon.

Bahaha, this may be one of the worst ideas I have yet heard.

It made me laught to think of it. Imagine Mario with his cheeks bloated, spitting watermelon seeds viciously. btw, have you played Yoshi's island? That is how they're used in the game.

It's how they're used by Yoshi, one of his main attacks is swallowing things and then spitting them out. With the exception of Kirby, I can't really picture any of the other characters plausibly doing it.

They already had a POW block in SSB on the Mushroom Kingdom stage.

Here are my suggestions:

1. The Bug-catching Net from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past BugCatchingNet.png

It would be used as a weapon like the bat, parasol, star rod, beam sword, fan, Lip's stick, and home run bat. It could also be said to be from Animal Crossing which is even more likely.

2. Bullet Bills from the Mario series.

They would be used as a throwing weapon like shells, and Bo-Bombs. Except, you would throw them, and they wouldn't fall over time. They would just keep on going at a constant rate until they collide with something (upon which they would either explode or just deal damage and keep going) , collide with the terrain, or exit the playable area.

3. Question Mark Mushrooms from the Battle Mode on Super Mario Bros 3. QuestionMarkMushroom.png

They would do just what they do in the game: switch you with your opponent, or a random one of your opponents. They could also use the Warp Block from the Mario Party series, which does the same thing.

5. I already posted this, but the Kuribo's shoe from Super Mario Bros 3. KuribosShoe.gif

This renders your character unable to move in any way but hopping. You could give small hops to walk across the ground, or large hops to try to deal damage. Landing on a foe's head would cause heavy damage like the Hammer. The downside would be the inability to do anything else but hop. Can't attack, throw- just hop. Oh, and you would lose it right away like in the game if you took damage. It would make the original sound effect too, when you lose it.

I have to admit, the first thing I thought of when I saw "Bug-Catching Net" was using it a la Mario's Cape - reflect any projectile, just like it could reflect Aghanim's energy spheres in LttP.

Bullet Bills are effectively thrown versions of Samus' missiles minus slowdown? I like this idea. Mentioning Green Shells and Bombombs gave me the idea of having an item that acted like a Green Shell - slide along the ground and bounce off walls - that blows up only when it makes contact with an opponent or another bomb item (better yet, it doesn't get blown up, it just gets thrown in the air... and when it lands, it keeps going!).

Question Mark Mushrooms + Team Attack On = Hilarity.

Watermelon... eh. I'd be okay if they added it as one of Yoshi's moves, though. Really short range, hopefully.

Kuribo's Shoe = WIN.

try pressing z

z does not set bombs. The only way a bomb can lay on the ground is if it is knocked out of a characters hands when they are holding it on ground, or if the bombs are thrown upwards, where the peak of their assent is practically laying on another platform. If a bomb has hardly any downward speed, it will explode on contact with terrain.