Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Returning just to post something about the musicians...

Some of the Musicians have vague information on the games they've composed for, whereas others have a much more defined amount. For example, ROMANCING SAGA Series, whereas others include names such as Golden Sun and Actraiser.

My hypothesis is that the names that are thrown in deliberately (if they have a game after or before) may be hinting to characters, example would be Actraiser (there was a 2nd game) and Mother 3 (why not say part of the Mother series? Unless this guy only did Mother 3 music). Another strange thing is the way they've CAPPED CHRONO TRIGGER/XENOGEARS, because thoose games aren't usually said with CAPITAL LETTERS. They might be gesting at something...

Awesome, thanks for the link. The menu song is freaking awesome and the rearranged one is awesome too.

Download didn't work...

Man... I can't wait to hear all the music in the game.

Rofl, time for people to make up crazy stuff because of the composers.... although Crono would be cool.

Just saw the site this morning. The composer list is freaking awsome. I wish they could have included more music samples. The Night and Day thing for stages is alright too. Hopefully more info will come sometime before or at E3.

if the composers were to determine the characters featured in game, i'd shudder to think of how they would explain the cho aniki series to an american audience

I still wonder how the hell did Katamari Damaci made some kind of sense. I believe that people like Jack Thompson would have their heads implode ib the presence of anything cho aniki related.

Because guys in Canada know what the crackpot japanese developer wants.

To be honest, Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe are both huge jokes since if Nintendo of Japan says something, they can't do jack shit otherwise. They're nothing but giant translators.

I hope that this isn't the final version of the menu music or else this is teh lose. I thought they were going to have a fullorchestra and choir for the soundtrack? I mean the arrangement is very nice, but the synth orchestra hurts my ears. Real instruments plz.

agreed. I mean, the old smash had almost all of its tracks as a real orchestra... what is it with Nintendo and its lack of orchestras. -_- Even crappy games now have good music utilizing real instruments. Nintendo always seems to be behind the curve in this regard. *cough* Twilight Princess *cough* For crying out loud, the only exception really was Starfox Assault, and it was the most mediocre of Nintendo games released in the last couple years.

Now if this is just some small theme, in the form of an extra, okay, I might be able to live with that, but the bar set by Melee really needs to make sure that the music is good. I really want some high quality tracks to listen to for as much as I play Smash.

Perhaps they're saving the good stuff for last. I mean, they do have some pretty good musicians on that list from games with great scores. Nintendo is staying tight lipped about everything from Smash Bros Brawl, so maybe we can assume they're showing pithy, non-exciting things first and ramping up for the better stuff. I mean, that first song they released was awesome.

Anyway... the arrangement is good. I just want to hear the smash bros version of the Metal gear solid theme. ^_^

I hope that this isn't the final version of the menu music or else this is teh lose. I thought they were going to have a fullorchestra and choir for the soundtrack? I mean the arrangement is very nice, but the synth orchestra hurts my ears. Real instruments plz.

Well, I have no actual evidence to back this up... but just on conjecture I'd say that they are going to orchestrate everything at the end, when all the music is composed. Orchestration is expensive, no need to hire the orchestra multiple times just for blog updates.

[EDIT] Oh, and in case you didn't know, it says on the blog that the majority of the music WILL be orchestrated. I don't know about "Menu 1," but there ya go.

As much as I would love for it to be true, I'm not getting my hopes up for Crono being a character. If he is though, his level could be ace; I'd love a Lavos time-warp style level where it went through the different time periods in one area.

Also, is it normal to have 36 composers for one game? That sounds like a lot, and I'm wondering if he means that songs made by these people will be used, not them actually composing for it. Even if each person only did one song, that's 36 tracks already; take out a few for menus and such and we have at least 30ish levels. That seems excessive, or am I mistaken?

As much as I would love for it to be true, I'm not getting my hopes up for Crono being a character. If he is though, his level could be ace; I'd love a Lavos time-warp style level where it went through the different time periods in one area.

Also, is it normal to have 36 composers for one game? That sounds like a lot, and I'm wondering if he means that songs made by these people will be used, not them actually composing for it. Even if each person only did one song, that's 36 tracks already; take out a few for menus and such and we have at least 30ish levels. That seems excessive, or am I mistaken?

If you assume 20 characters, you will have at least 20 stage. Since you have an end credit song for each character, that alone is 40 songs. You might have extra stages (like the final destination stage and the event stages) that's about 5 stages, and 5 songs.

You have the main theme, the menu theme, the "trophy room" theme, and the minigame theme. 4 songs.

Easily 49 songs with 20 charaters and 25 levels.

Since this seems to be an all-star game, it could be conceivable to have 1 composer from a specific series to at least be credited for the character's theme, and at the most be part of the team that composes the new version for SSBB.

Huge disappointment, took away all game information. Its just a ploy to restate already known information with maybe 1 or 2 new things in a daily fashion to keep crazed fans satisfied. Composer list doesn't mean anything, does not equate to remixed themes, and therefore does not equate to inclusion of characters either. Only remotely interesting feature was "how to play" section. I'd rather new gameplay information come online than all this garbage.

For those of you wondering if "Menu 1" is a final arrangement for Brawl, READ!

Here on Smash Bros. Dojo, we will share that music with you through occasional trial listening. Since this is my first post, I thought I would give you an arrangement of the song you probably heard most often in Super Smash Bros. Melee, Menu 1.

Motoi Sakuraba headed up that arrangement!

"Menu 1" Source: Super Smash Bros. Melee (1:22)

I'm surprised you didn't recognize it, anyway. That's very sad. And you consider yourselves Smash players...

Huge disappointment, took away all game information. Its just a ploy to restate already known information with maybe 1 or 2 new things in a daily fashion to keep crazed fans satisfied. Composer list doesn't mean anything, does not equate to remixed themes, and therefore does not equate to inclusion of characters either. Only remotely interesting feature was "how to play" section. I'd rather new gameplay information come online than all this garbage.

Wow.

I'm sure it'll all come in good time. Chill out.

Masafumi Takada - killer7 / GOD HAND

Masato Kouda - Monster Hunter / Devil May Cry

Michiko Naruke - Wild Arms series

Tomoko Sasaki (TOKIOHEIDI) - NiGHTS

Yasunori Mitsuda - CHRONO TRIGGER / XENOGEARS

Yuzo Koshiro (ANCIENT) - ActRaiser / Street of Rage

So right now, I'm at the shitting my pants part of excitment for this game because of possible characters from Streets of Rage, NiGHTS(probably for sure, since the game is going to be on the Wii), Wild Arms, God Hand and Devil May Cry. Not to mention just the music that these people make is insanely epic

So yeah A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ would read blog again