Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Wow you guys need to calm down. I don't think any of those people from your wanted list will ever be in the game. Just because they are arranging music doesn't mean a character will be in the game. Sakurai said like 3 3rd party people. Also, a requirement was that they had to be on a Nintendo system so yeah... and NiGHTS guy would be weird, I'd rather have Sonic than "it".

I'm just happy that we will be getting info daily, be it old or new.

yeah, its unlikely that anyone of these composers are making songs based on their game. They are just making songs based on the source material of old nintendo games and past smashes as well as a few new additions with new 3rd party characters and odds and ends so we will definitly not see anything that has not appeared on a nintendo system in brawl to repeat what was stated before.

Despite this, this is a crazy amount of composers and i cant wait to see what kind of amazing soundtrack they can compile.

You folks really do like to dream. If I see all of these non-Nintendo characters appear, then I'll laugh my ass off. Until then, I'll be laughing at you. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Streets of Rage? HAHAHAHHAHAH.

Chrono? HAHAHAHAH FANBOY HAHAHA.

You folks really do like to dream. If I see all of these non-Nintendo characters appear, then I'll laugh my ass off. Until then, I'll be laughing at you. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Streets of Rage? HAHAHAHHAHAH.

Chrono? HAHAHAHAH FANBOY HAHAHA.

Because, you know, dreaming is such a useless pastime.

But I'm sure you've never wished for anything in your life ever.

Because guys in Canada know what the crackpot japanese developer wants.

To be honest, Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe are both huge jokes since if Nintendo of Japan says something, they can't do jack shit otherwise. They're nothing but giant translators.

And that's why we're developing the Metroid Prime games over here, amirite?

They aren't just translators, please try again.

agreed. I mean, the old smash had almost all of its tracks as a real orchestra... what is it with Nintendo and its lack of orchestras. -_- Even crappy games now have good music utilizing real instruments. Nintendo always seems to be behind the curve in this regard. *cough* Twilight Princess *cough* For crying out loud, the only exception really was Starfox Assault, and it was the most mediocre of Nintendo games released in the last couple years.

Namco made Starfox Assault, actually. xD

Bongo Bill and I managed to get into the beta. I think it was only like the first 2500 or something that happened to check their buy channel at midnight yesterday. Pretty great fun so far.

Huh?

Huge disappointment, took away all game information. Its just a ploy to restate already known information with maybe 1 or 2 new things in a daily fashion to keep crazed fans satisfied. Composer list doesn't mean anything, does not equate to remixed themes, and therefore does not equate to inclusion of characters either. Only remotely interesting feature was "how to play" section. I'd rather new gameplay information come online than all this garbage.

Clearly you don't understand how awesome the composer list is.

I wouldn't say it's unlikely any of these characters *could* be in. I mean, hell...Snake is in. Even though Kojima wanted him, he's still probably the most unlikely third party character anyone would have expected tos how up.

But regardless, characters can't be included unless they were on a Nintendo system at one point. So that rules out Devil May Cry, Streets of Rage...probably some others but I'm too lazy to check.

Although I could see NiGHTS happen, if only to promote the upcoming Wii release.

it is called menu 1

even if it plays in that stage i would assume a song called menu 1 is menu music

maybe

I was always under the impression that the actual menu music for brawl was the music heard in the background of the Nintendo World trailer from Nov 06. I think it's called Menu 1 just because it's obviously a remix of the Melee menu theme. Still, if I'm right then it is strange that they didn't call it "Battlefield" or something.

I was always under the impression that the actual menu music for brawl was the music heard in the background of the Nintendo World trailer from Nov 06. I think it's called Menu 1 just because it's obviously a remix of the Melee menu theme. Still, if I'm right then it is strange that they didn't call it "Battlefield" or something.

^ Basically that's what I was getting at in my post a page back. Sakurai even STATES that it is an arrangement of the Melee menu theme, and there is no mention of it being in SSBB. Don't go making too many assumptions about this song; I suspect it's just teaser material.

But regardless, characters can't be included unless they were on a Nintendo system at one point. So that rules out Devil May Cry, Streets of Rage...probably some others but I'm too lazy to check.

Although I could see NiGHTS happen, if only to promote the upcoming Wii release.

Streets of Rage is on the virtual console, NiGHTs will be on the Wii in the future

^ Basically that's what I was getting at in my post a page back. Sakurai even STATES that it is an arrangement of the Melee menu theme, and there is no mention of it being in SSBB. Don't go making too many assumptions about this song; I suspect it's just teaser material.

Ok, once again, the site says "The song called Menu 1 found under the topic The Musicians plays on [the Battlefield stage]." This quote is under the "stages" section. So yes, it is in fact in the game, and like I say, I just don't think it's the menu theme because it's being used in a stage already. Again, I think the menu theme for Brawl is probably the music played in the background of the Nintendo World trailer - it just sounds like what they'd probably use, and it features that same "main theme" that Uematsu composed.

Site updated with Mario and Link profiles. It'll certainly be interesting to see what they throw up there every weekday.

I was just about to post this myself. It looks like they may actually keep up with the daily updates, which is pretty nice, especially, when they run out of old info to post, and we might actually see some new stuff. Here's to hoping.

I would assume so, I doubt they'd remove them.

Also, we've only got a few more days of known info before they have to do new stuff.

We've got...what, 6 more character profiles and one more known stage? At most, we should get another week of known stuff before the new updates begin.