Snake

Link

Fox

Samus

Pikachu

Pit

Metaknight

Wario

Out of those, we also know that some had ennemies that were in the previous installements:

Bowser

Gannondorf

Out of the original list, we can see Pikachu still being in. We can also assume Jigglypuff will be left in due to his status as a twice included "joke" character.

So far. we have 10 confirmed and 3 possible.

Mario

Kirby

Snake

Link

Fox

Samus

Pikachu

Pit

Metaknight

Wario

Bowser

Gannondorf

Jigglypuff

You can add to your list, but you need to have a "logical" reason to do so.

I imagine Ness, Captain Falcon, Luigi and Donkey Kong are also returning. They were in both previous games as well. Mewtwo returning seems like a safe bet, as does Peach and Zelda.

I'd say that Yoshi is almost certainly returning as his stage is clearly in the trailers.

Dunno about Mewtwo returning, but I agree that it's a safe bet that Yoshi, Zelda, and Peach are returning.

Yeah, although it would be nice if they didn't make yoshi fodder for all the good players this time around. Nothing more satisfying in SMB 64 than pooping players off the edge in an egg.

Yeah, although it would be nice if they didn't make yoshi fodder for all the good players this time around. Nothing more satisfying in SMB 64 than pooping players off the edge in an egg.

Launching 30 Yoshis out of the screen within 10 seconds as Samus in SSB 64 is much more satisfying than that ;)

That's what I'm saying. Character speculation can be found about 100 pages ago...

Pretty much the only thing new to talk about is the daily Sakurai updates. Or just let the thread idle. Better than repeating the same thing over and over and over again.

the updates are utter garbage

honestly its been said that it seems to be written by a five year old and that is quite true

"He's falling! Danger! ...But don't worry.

The "Wings of Icarus" allow Pit to fly freely through the sky!

In actuality, though, Pit is an angel who cannot ordinarily fly.

After a while, he will fall, so be careful."

the updates are utter garbage

Didn't say they were good, just that it was pretty much the only thing to talk about. Fortunately, I was wrong...

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Release Date – 11/12/2007

Unfortunately, Smash Bros. only featured one playable level, which is what you’re seeing in most of the screenshots. However, there was a demonstration of the game’s Wi-Fi abilities and one new character shown. As you’ve seen, the game looks stunning and in certain instances plays like a dream. There are two available control methods, “Classic” and “Brawl.” Classic utilizes either a Gamecube controller or the Classic controller and plays much like previous entries in the series. Brawl utilizes the Wii Remote and Nunchuk attachment. Various attacks can be increased in strength by moving the Wii Remote in the direction of the attack. You can also add an extra jump when pressing up on the control stick and moving your Remote upwards. Unfortunately, these maneuvers felt tacked on.

Using the motion sensor still just doesn't sound appealing to me.