Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

yeah, it looks to be the in-air over A atttack from Melee where, if connected, will plummet the victim strait down.

Yeah, that would be cool. Maybe if you hit them hard enough, they get stuck in the ground and you can boot 'em up battletoads style (if you know what I mean).

Okay, nevermind.

But the biggest question has yet to even be asked:

Who among you will be getting this on its release date AND live within a fifteen mile radius of yours truly?

Not me. But I will be getting it on day one.

I like how Delfino Plaza is set up. I know for a fact my fiancee is gonna hate this stage because of the face that it moves around. LOL

Yeah, that would be cool. Maybe if you hit them hard enough, they get stuck in the ground and you can boot 'em up battletoads style (if you know what I mean).

Okay, nevermind.

I know exactly what you're talking about, but because most people don't I don't think it's happening any time soon. Which dissapoints me greatly.

they should include a super mario bros 2 indoor stage, attacking flying masks and all.

for sure, that inspired me. one game i'd really like for them to give a pseudo-3d upgrade is Super Mario Bros 3. have it cycle through all the 8 worlds.

so that you're put into a part of the stage in that world. for world 2, desert have the fighters stage be a bunch of blocks in pyramid form. also have a firey 3d sun to chase the players around.

and have it have realistic effects, snowing and patches of ice in Iceworld.

be in the clouds for world number 5. wind and clouds that fog the playing field. this could also provide the gateway for Kuribo's Shoe as an item. (in SMB 3, its only available in world 5)

Waterworld would could be above the water with those falling donut things (like rainbow ride in melee) and those huge cheep cheeps that eatcha whole

it would work so well and be a very epic stage. the 8 levels could be so unique from each other. pipe world, dark world (lava, anyone? a bunch of huge cannon ships and tanks rumbling past a fourman free for all) and have a very plain and calm first world.

but i want emphasize that you'd fight on parts of actual levels of the world not just be floating above them on the normal SSB battlefield.

yeah, it looks to be the in-air over A atttack from Melee where, if connected, will plummet the victim strait down.
It's the same exact forward-air attack he has in Melee, probably just going to be faster and easier to use, since in Melee it came out in a slow/weird timing and spiking with it was pretty hard, much easier to use effectively when you played as Doc, and instead of it being a spike it was a move with HUGE knockback, his main kill move

Yeah the new stage looks pretty epic, they're taking top level play much more seriously in this game from the looks of the stages

it seems nintendo knows what people really care about and is holding it back

people like thecatphysician who play hardcore dont give a crap about items, only characters stages and gameplay

and the delfino stage probably wont be in tourneys because its a movving stage probably like rainbow cruise

nintendo is holding back what people really want and releasing this info that every silly fanboy in the world will love no matter what it is

tell me freaking gameplay

id like to know why i should buy this and not just keep playing melee

people like thecatphysician who play hardcore dont give a crap about items, only characters stages and gameplay

and the delfino stage probably wont be in tourneys because its a movving stage probably like rainbow cruise

nintendo is holding back what people really want and releasing this info that every silly fanboy in the world will love no matter what it is

Then just read the reviews a week before the game comes out. No need to keep complaining here about it.

Since when is it a cause for complaint when developers don't release much info? Hell, all Nintendo really has to do to build the hype train for this game is announce it, yet instead they're giving us new info every weekday. That's pretty damn good.

Besides, I'm sure they'll announce something substantial before the game's release. Be patient is all I'm saying.

They make BF seem like the only neutral stage there will be. Sakurai says, "You'll play this level many times, so it's nice to see it change a little." That sounds like its a stage he included (as if its the only one) so serious players to be able to play tournament smash. BF is like the MLG contribution.

I seriously hate the idea that "tournament gameplay" should be more important in announcements than casual gameplay. He is trying to sell the game to a casual crowd. And if you read the blog, you'll see that its exactly what it does.

No wavedashing bullshit, words that casual gamers will understand, ideas that will be interesting for casual gamers, and nice screenshots. (BTW look at the images a bit. Its beautiful.)

they should include a super mario bros 2 indoor stage, attacking flying masks and all.

If anything from super mario bros. 2 is on there, then I will piss my pants with glee. But you know, Nintendo treats it like their bastard child. They kind of hold it in the closet like those kids on The People Under The Stairs or whatever it's called.

Anyway, yeah, I'm with you. Yeah, I know they had subcon on the last Smash Brothers, which was rad - but they called it 'Mushroom Kingdom 2'. They also said that Birdo is a girl. We all know the truth....

Okay, this is a Smash thread, not a Mario 2 thread, so continue your discussion.