Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

it seems nintendo knows what people really care about and is holding it back

people like thecatphysician who play hardcore dont give a crap about items, only characters stages and gameplay

and the delfino stage probably wont be in tourneys because its a movving stage probably like rainbow cruise

nintendo is holding back what people really want and releasing this info that every silly fanboy in the world will love no matter what it is

tell me freaking gameplay

id like to know why i should buy this and not just keep playing melee

I don't really understand why you're complaining. Instead of pleasing the very small hardcore tourney crowd, he's giving out info that most casual (and more than casual) players - a much larger segment of the population - can enjoy. Plus, characters are going to be much closer-guarded pieces of info, probably given out closer to release (or not at all before release).

Either way, Nintendo's going to sell this game out the butt. With or without these blog posts. I find them refreshing to read, and informative at the same time.

So, basically what everyone else has said.

it seems nintendo knows what people really care about and is holding it back

people like thecatphysician who play hardcore dont give a crap about items, only characters stages and gameplay

and the delfino stage probably wont be in tourneys because its a movving stage probably like rainbow cruise

nintendo is holding back what people really want and releasing this info that every silly fanboy in the world will love no matter what it is

tell me freaking gameplay

id like to know why i should buy this and not just keep playing melee

It looks more like Mute City (a neutral stage in tournaments) so I don't see the problem with it. Also Rainbow Cruise is a neutral stage in tournaments

I also do care a bit for the items, like Final Smash. I mean sure, the game has a big competitive level, and if you want to make a fighting game be a success you need to focus on the competitive level of gameplay, and from the stages I've seen, it looks like their doing it. It's not like people who play competitive never play with items either

Is anyone currently having trouble loading the smashboards.com page? It's redirecting me to some server index, and my links of pages within the site simply yield the "Page cannot be found" message. Someone just try to go on smashboards.com and tell me if the same thing is happening with you.

Yeah. Just getting the server index here too. Hope they didn't get wiped or something.

EDIT: Getting 404s on all the pages linked from Google (Character Specific, Brawl Character Discussion and so on) too. Server went down, maybe? Hope everything was backed up.

Yeah. Just getting the server index here too. Hope they didn't get wiped or something.

EDIT: Getting 404s on all the pages linked from Google (Character Specific, Brawl Character Discussion and so on) too. Server went down, maybe? Hope everything was backed up.

Oh good, it's not just me then. I'm worried though...

EDIT: Oh, thank goodness, it's fixed! Well, not quite, but at least they explained they're just switching servers.

rainbow cruise is not a neutral stage in tournaments.

thats what i thought

and wait a tic

usually when someone says something you dont like no matter how much its been refuted you throw your two cents in

and you didnt

does that imply that you actually AGREE with me?????

rainbow cruise is not a neutral stage in tournaments.
Sorry, for Mute City and Rainbow Cruise I meant they are valid counter picks, you can play these stages in tournaments. Rainbow Cruise is sometimes considered to be a neutral stage though, while Mute City never is

So I got a tournament today in San Mateo, Arek has one in Sac-Town. I'll probably post some vids, they said someone was recording

thats what i thought

and wait a tic

usually when someone says something you dont like no matter how much its been refuted you throw your two cents in

and you didnt

does that imply that you actually AGREE with me?????

haha

yeah, i sort of agree with you. the updates are pretty much retarded and i could personally care less for whatever new items there are. but it's not something i'd really complain about, it's better than no news at all and at the very least we get new screenshots every weekday. i was dissapointed when the site first came out though because i really thought they'd have a new trailer. you were right when everyone was excited for the new site and you said "don't expect much"

I'm glad Nintendo is giving us constant information. Every day during the week I can check the Smash Bros website and there's a little more info. It's more than other game sites are doing. In fact, I'd much rather have small constant updates like this, than the usual "wait for three months for some info then a drought" kind of affair. Seriously, I prefer this style much better.

And I think Nintendo should be doing stuff like this more often because quite often games come out (before the reviews start ushering in) and there's a HUGE drought of information. I know it's quite the opposite usually, but this style of news coverage makes me feel like Nintendo is trying to talk to the fans, which I personally like. Yes, I know its just a hype machine that is meant to draw people to Nintendo's websites, but it's nice to get information from Nintendo instead of IGN or some generic gaming news site. Those sites are so impersonal, I feel like Nintendo is talking to the fans because we want them to, and even though the website is there for advertising and hype, it's a much more personalized experience...

I like that. In fact, dare I say "I dig it."

I'm just anxious to see how Snake will work in the game.

Supposedly he's going to be hand-to-hand oriented and his arsenal will be mostly close-ranged and explosive. I think it'll be something similar to Ganondorf was...slow-ish but powerful. I think I'll like how he plays though I'm not sure how his whole crouching/laying on the ground thing will affect gameplay.

I'm glad Nintendo is giving us constant information. Every day during the week I can check the Smash Bros website and there's a little more info. It's more than other game sites are doing. In fact, I'd much rather have small constant updates like this, than the usual "wait for three months for some info then a drought" kind of affair. Seriously, I prefer this style much better.

And I think Nintendo should be doing stuff like this more often because quite often games come out (before the reviews start ushering in) and there's a HUGE drought of information. I know it's quite the opposite usually, but this style of news coverage makes me feel like Nintendo is trying to talk to the fans, which I personally like. Yes, I know its just a hype machine that is meant to draw people to Nintendo's websites, but it's nice to get information from Nintendo instead of IGN or some generic gaming news site. Those sites are so impersonal, I feel like Nintendo is talking to the fans because we want them to, and even though the website is there for advertising and hype, it's a much more personalized experience...

I like that. In fact, dare I say "I dig it."

Agreed TO THE EXTREME.

in a tournament of 50 people i placed 3rd

i had to go against nintendo king, the norcal champ

fuck you nintendo king

And I hath placed a meager 4th in mine tournament of around or over twenty persons

Still, next time you tell those GameCrazy douche bags that they need to run double elimination, not any of that fairy crap