Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Regardless of whether or not it looks better in motion and far away, it still looks awful. Why not add a few more polygons for christ sake.

My point is that I'm more worried about how things like the gameplay and the online service pan out more than how anything looks.

And in the realm of graphics, I'm more worried about how the characters and backdrops look than any item or items.

It may also not be the best rendering. They are still in development, maybe they released screen shots from an earlier version. I mean, if its obvious it looks bad, maybe they notices as well.

I mean, it's not like they are entirely blind.

And dumb.

And unaware of what looks good.

I mean, they did manage to make the game so fare without your incessant whining and backseat "developing." How about a little faith. I mean, these daily updates are better than what many companies give us. Look at every announced games. They don't all get that kind of treatment do they?

Best update ever, literally laughed my ass off when I saw it and thought of player reaction

But seriously, new stage people. It'll probably morph like the old one, but there's one big change. Instead of two platforms, there's one right in the center, and I don't think we've ever had that in a Smash level. It looks kind of like a useless spot, but who knows how it'll pan out. Then, it looks much wider, and not to mention they made the sides of the map more of a curve, so sweet spotting and wall jumping will but much easier unlike the current pokemon stadium. I like it

I prefer they keep releasing small info like this and keep important stuff like secret characters and stages as a secret (though releasing 1 or 2 more characters wouldn't hurt). I like it more when it's a surprise, that's one of the things that made smash bros and melee great, you were just playing, kicking some ass, and suddenly, bam, here comes a new challenger. I remember when this happened to me with captain falcon in the first smash, it was an awesome feeling.

But yeah, the bitching won't stop around here, but I prefer it the way they have been doing this =).

My point is that I'm more worried about how things like the gameplay and the online service pan out more than how anything looks.

And in the realm of graphics, I'm more worried about how the characters and backdrops look than any item or items.

Well, let's face it. There is really no need to worry about the gameplay, character models or backgrounds. We know they're going to look awesome. That doesn't really mean that people can't complain about a square Pokeball.

The online...well...we all know how barebones and basic Nintendo is with that.

I prefer they keep releasing small info like this and keep important stuff like secret characters and stages as a secret (though releasing 1 or 2 more characters wouldn't hurt). I like it more when it's a surprise, that's one of the things that made smash bros and melee great, you were just playing, kicking some ass, and suddenly, bam, here comes a new challenger. I remember when this happened to me with captain falcon in the first smash, it was an awesome feeling.

But yeah, the bitching won't stop around here, but I prefer it the way they have been doing this =).

Exactly my thoughts. I want to be surprised. Also, I don't think it's likely that Nintendo will be posting the hidden characters on the site before the game's release. Maybe they will confirm more unhidden characters though.Like maybe they'll anounce "Bowser stays!" or "DK's in!"- something like that.

This method of releasing information is probably the best I've seen for a game so far. And even though people seem to be complaining about it being a poor tactic or whatever, you all probably check it everyday anyway. At least this way, players will have a framework on which to access the game when it comes out, regardless of how similar the gameplay is to past games. Think of it as somewhat of an instruction booklet, to familiarize yourself with some aspects of the game so you know what to expect, not as a daily epic insight. That being said, I'm surprised by the quality of information that is put up everyday.

The Pokeball isn't anything new, but Groudon is. I guess then that it is also safe to assume that Kyogre will be in as well. I'm a bit disappointed that it seems that Groudon just stands there, but when factoring its size, I guess that's all he should be doing. I also hope there will be more variety in the moves the Pokemon do - they were recycled a lot in the last game. I'll agree with the poster that said there needs to be some fourth generation Pokemon in this game. Some of the new ones are designed quite well.

And although I'm happy there's a Pokemon Stadium level, I hope that this time it will do something new. I wasn't really a fan of the last Pokemon Stadium because it could have essentially been interchangeable with any other "stadium," despite the elemental changes (which didn't really have much to do with Pokemon in my opinion - a burning house, a windmill?). There's so many possibilities with the franchise's levels, I hope they reflect the games better this time.

I didn't even notice Groudon untill you guys mentioned him :)

I think it'll be comparable to the acid in Samus' level. Like a player touches the pokemon and recieves damage an is thrown into the air a little, but the player is not able to move all that much.

You just bounce and bounce getting more damage. Of course the higher you fligh the more you'll be able to move away.

That's what I think :)

EDIT:

I really think they did a good job on the 3D models of the characters, though I really hope we'll be able to play as paper Mario or Yoshi's Island's Yoshi.

Seeing how we already have "realistic Mario" I'm not sure if that'll happen. Would be great though :)

This method of releasing information is probably the best I've seen for a game so far. And even though people seem to be complaining about it being a poor tactic or whatever, you all probably check it everyday anyway. At least this way, players will have a framework on which to access the game when it comes out, regardless of how similar the gameplay is to past games. Think of it as somewhat of an instruction booklet, to familiarize yourself with some aspects of the game so you know what to expect, not as a daily epic insight. That being said, I'm surprised by the quality of information that is put up everyday.

uh no?

id say the best way info on a game to be released is through VIDEO like TRAILERS

actually my personal favorite is when developers release ACTUAL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE

we can figure out all the crap theyve said plus a ton more through about 30 seconds or less of actual gameplay footage

I didn't even notice Groudon untill you guys mentioned him :)

I think it'll be comparable to the acid in Samus' level. Like a player touches the pokemon and recieves damage an is thrown into the air a little, but the player is not able to move all that much.

You just bounce and bounce getting more damage. Of course the higher you fligh the more you'll be able to move away.

I think you just described Venusaur.

uh no?

id say the best way info on a game to be released is through VIDEO like TRAILERS

actually my personal favorite is when developers release ACTUAL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE

we can figure out all the crap theyve said plus a ton more through about 30 seconds or less of actual gameplay footage

One movie every 5 month or info every day?

And nothing prevents them from showing gameplay in tomorrow's update.

One movie every 5 month or info every day?

And nothing prevents them from showing gameplay in tomorrow's update.

id take a movie every 5 months

and i understand that they may release a trailer tomorrow and i will praise them if they do

all theyd have to do is show like 2 4-player matches and we could disect it for pages and pages and pages

But seriously, new stage people. It'll probably morph like the old one, but there's one big change. Instead of two platforms, there's one right in the center, and I don't think we've ever had that in a Smash level. It looks kind of like a useless spot, but who knows how it'll pan out. Then, it looks much wider, and not to mention they made the sides of the map more of a curve, so sweet spotting and wall jumping will but much easier unlike the current pokemon stadium. I like it

Actually if you look closely, I think there are two platforms, it's just hard to see because Groudon's in the way.

stadiummu8.jpg

Groudon is just like Moltres.

Except bigger and doesn't move.

I think that Groudon will move of a few steps before leaving the area burning all the ones who touch it.

And maybe would be a great idea if there will be a little earthquake every step it make.

Interesting. Really though, in Melee, with only a few exceptions, most of the Pokemon were pretty boring. They showed up, did some attack (either on the spot or [if they were big enough] from the background)... Personally, I would like to see some really interesting and new Pokemon attacks.. I mean, with the exception of Togepi doing that Nightshade thing, really there isn't much a difference between Pokemon. Big fireball. Stay away. Big windy hurricane. Stay away. Oohh. Ahh. Seriously... new stuff please. :) More effects on people, more randomness... more fighting.

/pickiness

Interesting. Really though, in Melee, with only a few exceptions, most of the Pokemon were pretty boring. They showed up, did some attack (either on the spot or [if they were big enough] from the background)... Personally, I would like to see some really interesting and new Pokemon attacks.. I mean, with the exception of Togepi doing that Nightshade thing, really there isn't much a difference between Pokemon. Big fireball. Stay away. Big windy hurricane. Stay away. Oohh. Ahh. Seriously... new stuff please. :) More effects on people, more randomness... more fighting.

/pickiness

I'll have to agree with on that. I don't want to see the old Pokémon do the same crap as before.

Meh, Groudon should use Eruption. It'll send a ton of burning rocks raining onto the field, maybe causing small earthquakes when they hit. Kyogre's should be Water Spout, which is Eruption, but only with huge water drops instead of burning rocks

It's a screenshot. There's not much else you can discuss about it.

I'll have to agree with on that. I don't want to see the old Pokémon do the same crap as before.

maybe have each pokemon have its four attacks like the original game. and then do one of four. players wouldn't know which attack was coming.

also they could bring in new (to ssb) old pokemon. alakazam's hypnowave. diglett's dig. etc.