Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I personally think that having ZSS as a character after you final smash or w/e it's called sucks. They're going to play differently and you want some sort of control of which one you're going to be playing as. Unforunately, that may lead to a handicap in not using a final smash as Samus. I hope they won't do this. I really think it'll be another character entirely to be unlocked by some means because all of Samus' current moves are key to her play so there's no place for a transformation command, unless it's some sort of Wii special.

Not sure why everyone is certain that after her Final Smash, Samus changes into Zero Suit Samus. Really, it seemed to me much more of a cinematic license or whatever than actually explaining how ZSS worked. I mean, ZSS got her whole own introduction ("Newcomer") just like the other full characters.

Honestly, I hope it's either a.) a deal like Zelda and Sheik or b.) ZSS is just a whole different character.

Maybe just wishful thinking on my part. Anyone else think that way?

It also says "don't worry, you'll still be able to play as normal Samus. So you're right on the seperate character thing.

I'm thinking it will be like Wario Waft: it takes time to charge (on its own, not controlled by player)Which could be a whole new mechanic to the game entirely (for each character).

Then again, it still wouldn't make much sense to have one regular Samus and one that after a while turns into ZS Samus... 0_0;

What do you think of that theory?

I personally think that having ZSS as a character after you final smash or w/e it's called sucks. They're going to play differently and you want some sort of control of which one you're going to be playing as. Unforunately, that may lead to a handicap in not using a final smash as Samus. I hope they won't do this. I really think it'll be another character entirely to be unlocked by some means because all of Samus' current moves are key to her play so there's no place for a transformation command, unless it's some sort of Wii special.

My thoughts exactly. The only thing that I think lends credence to the "ZSS after Final Smash" theory is that Sakurai said you can use it only once. (per life, I guess? probably not per match... although now that I think about it, that could make it more interesting... but I'm sure you'll be able to tweak that in the match settings anyhow.)

I never said it was certain about Samus' Final Smash, I just thought it would be funny in reference to Kirby.

Yeah, sorry. Really wasn't directed at you, you just got me thinking about it.

I really hope ZS Samus is an entirely new seperate character from Samus. Like Eternal Zero said earlier, It would suck not to have control over the character your playing. Samus and ZS Samus have different move sets and that would serioudly suck if they changed mid match.

I would like to think that they'd keep the starting lineup not too different from it's predecessors. There have been some characters that have remained on the starting lineup and some that have remained as unlockables. This will probably be the case. I don't think (though I wouldn't bet on it) that any of the new characters will ready at the start. Especially not MetaKnight due to his closeness to Kirby or ZSS (if she's a separate entity) for her closeness to...herself (ooohlala).

I saw that too, but I think Snake will probably be available from the beginning since he's in all the trailers and shit.

Him being in all the trailers served to generate some MASSIVE hype not to mention Kojima probably gave his own demands because that's just how he is. I'll still bet he'll be unlockable tho.