Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

The application of eggs is not really the same as using Falcos laser, and they aren't necessarily meant to hit always the opponent.

Either way, I haven't touched or looked at the game in ages, and my skill level at the game has always kind of been right on the cusp of really good, and just a casual player, so what do I know?

I'm wondering if Yoshi will have some more changes to him in Brawl. It took a while to adjust to him in melee.

If Aniki can beat Ken with Link, anyone can beat anyone with Link

There also really aren't many gaurnteed combos in smash, a lot of it has to do with making it up as you go or doing what you like to do. With Link, the grab combos actually work once they're in, every time unless your opponent has a very quick recovery

But yeah, still working on it, thanks for the advice

Aniki is exceptionally amazing though. im just saying it really is a lot harder than most people would think to do well in tourneys with link. nobody in america wins competitive tourneys with link.

i wont say if smash has a lot of guaranteed combos compared to other fighters because I dont play any other fighting games competitively, but just because you made up a combo as you were going along doesn't mean it was escapable. i can say though, that link definetely doesn't have the biggest combos in smash.

The application of eggs is not really the same as using Falcos laser, and they aren't necessarily meant to hit always the opponent.

Either way, I haven't touched or looked at the game in ages, and my skill level at the game has always kind of been right on the cusp of really good, and just a casual player, so what do I know?

I'm wondering if Yoshi will have some more changes to him in Brawl. It took a while to adjust to him in melee.

I think they should stop trying so hard to make Yoshi suck. He has the potential to be a very good character, if it weren't for stupid and deliberate steps taken to make him suck. Not being able to jump right out of a shield, for example.

I think they should stop trying so hard to make Yoshi suck. He has the potential to be a very good character, if it weren't for stupid and deliberate steps taken to make him suck. Not being able to jump right out of a shield, for example.

Here's hoping for better things from Yoshi in Brawl.

I, on the other hand am really looking forward to seeing how DK is going to be. I don't even know why, I only used him from time to time in Melee...

Hmm, I wonder if Luigi will suck as per usual...

...or will I have to weave through all of the Mewtwo, Mr. Game & Watch, Ganondorf and Peach players to slightly prove his worth...

Hmm...

Mewtwo can be deadly in the right hands, I've gotten my ass served in tournaments, Ganondorf is a widely used tournament character with good results, Peach is top tier

Yeah know what you're talking about, the second best player in all of the state of Washington uses Luigi (

)

If you think he's just playing against crappy people, he's playing against people like Eggz and Silent Wolf, west coast pros

Basically if you want to use a character well enough in tournament play, you'll figure out a way how

Aniki is exceptionally amazing though. im just saying it really is a lot harder than most people would think to do well in tourneys with link. nobody in america wins competitive tourneys with link.

i wont say if smash has a lot of guaranteed combos compared to other fighters because I dont play any other fighting games competitively, but just because you made up a combo as you were going along doesn't mean it was escapable. i can say though, that link definetely doesn't have the biggest combos in smash.

Yes Aniki is amazing, and it is hard to do well in a tournament, no matter what character you're using, I just want to give out the hope that yeah, anything is possible

Literally every big 2D fighting game depends on combos, this one does to, but those once you start a combo, you really can't get out. In this one, different characters can escape from different combos, so one that might work for one person won't for another. I basically want people to put some originality into how they play and not completely rely on a single style, because if you're a clone, how can you beat the original?

Link does have big combos though, I'd have to say out of every combo in the game, that isn't infinite, his grab combos give out some of the biggest damage and knockback while guaranteeing that they will work

I completely see what your saying, but if everyone played the same, I'd be much less interested in this game, I'd rather promote individuality. Having said that I also realize that some things such as SHFFLing are things everyone should do. Still, when you play a different person in Smash in a tournament, they almost always feel unique, and that's something compared to the thousands of Yun players in 3s that just play exactly alike