Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

It's probably the tool/item he uses to activate his reflector. It's also a probability that they made it so that he can only reflect one direction? I doubt it because the reflector wasn't -too- overpowered in my opinion.

Good thinking there, the reflector and the "mine" are both hexagon shaped.

nananananaaanaananaaanaa

This Belmont's too cool to fight Dracula.

Put down whip and equip spatula.

Anyone have any tourney's coming up in Melee anytime soon? My local large scale tournament was cancelled this year, so I'm pretty mad about that. I'll see if I can work something out and have my own tourney at a public venue.

Anyone have any tourney's coming up in Melee anytime soon? My local large scale tournament was cancelled this year, so I'm pretty mad about that. I'll see if I can work something out and have my own tourney at a public venue.

yeah, pretty much the entire month of july is going to be a smash road trip for team alaska. we're going from alaska through canada where we'll stop with smashers along the way, then to indiana for fc next, then back to california for oc3.

if anyone from ocr is going to either of these tourneys let me know

also we might go to evo west after oc3 since it's close and a week after but right now we're thinking probably not because it would be hard to find housing for that long and everything

Man I wish I was... me and my friends are the only smashers in our area and it would be so much fun to go test skills, but its not likely to happen. Unless one of us uses boozer and just punches our opponents in the faces. Then we'd win for sure. Anyhoo, good luck!

Doesn't fight Dracula, only makes pancakes!

Would be the hero, he's four and a half decades laaate!

I know a lot of people are gonna dislike me for saying this, but I hope they nerf Fox and Falco. It gets on my nerves because two of my friends and I all own our own copies of Melee and have played for years, and none of us play Fox or Falco, and then we have another friend, who owned the original but never had a Cube, who can still put up a great fight just by picking Fox or Falco.

Mind you, my two best characters are Samus and Marth, with Falcon a distant third. One friend plays Pikachu ("Pimpachu") with unnerving awesomeness, and the other plays Link and Marth. No one wavedashes, all three of us have clocked hundreds of hours on each of our games, and yet our Fox-toting friend can still more than just keep up with us.

Sorry. We just played a couple of days ago and it started to get on my nerves after a while. I just hope we have a substantially different tier set than last time.

...I don't think the recurring characters are going to have many changes to their movesets.

This saddens me greatly. We've been seeing the same basic moves for characters like Fox and Captain Falcon for two games. Years. I was really hoping for a full redesign for all the characters. But after looking through the updates, I'm getting the feeling this will be much of the same stuff as a base, with the new stuff piled on top. No real game mechanic change.

My greatest wish is that Sakurai somehow does something that makes this game utterly distasteful to tourney players. I absolutely hate the wavedashing, bair, etc. stuff that gets thrown around. Brawl is not being made for you - it's being made for the other 95% of Melee players who enjoyed what the game is actually about.

Flame me if you want, but I just think the tourney players miss the point of the game.

My greatest wish is that Sakurai somehow does something that makes this game utterly distasteful to tourney players. I absolutely hate the wavedashing, bair, etc. stuff that gets thrown around. Brawl is not being made for you - it's being made for the other 95% of Melee players who enjoyed what the game is actually about.

Flame me if you want, but I just think the tourney players miss the point of the game.

I totally concur. I hate those little "exploits" or whatever the hell you want to call them. It's the same for Pokemon and effort values, Mario Kart and snaking. The HARDXCORE gamers spend assloads of time messing with these things and rape nonstop. The players who don't want to figure out the numbers behind the game or how to take advantage of the mechanics get the fun ruined for them. Luckily, I don't have any obsessed friends that do that sort of thing.

Now the gamers that do all these things will bitch at me because "I'm just too lazy to learn how to do it"

I totally concur. I hate those little "exploits" or whatever the hell you want to call them. It's the same for Pokemon and effort values, Mario Kart and snaking. The HARDXCORE gamers spend assloads of time messing with these things and rape nonstop. The players who don't want to figure out the numbers behind the game or how to take advantage of the mechanics get the fun ruined for them. Luckily, I don't have any obsessed friends that do that sort of thing.

Now the gamers that do all these things will bitch at me because "I'm just too lazy to learn how to do it"

I might as well throw my chip on the pile and admit the same thing - I've nothing wrong with Melee or Brawl being played competitively, so long as none of my friends try to pull that stuff on me, but if this is gonna be online... I just hope they catch every single possible exploit before it happens and actually fix it.