Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Dear lord, Sakurai is a godsend, IMHO. The Ridley arrangement he just put up sounds amazing, and I can't wait to hear the rest of it, along with the rest of the soundtrack.

Man, more games should do this. Then again, not many more games have loads of content like Brawl will...

--Jack Kieser

I could have sworn Ridley was a confirmed playable character in ssbb. I think I read it on ign a long time ago when they were asking somebody working with the game about it. *shrugs*

Anyway I really like the Ridley music. Not as good (rock sounding) as it could be but still cool.

I predict that there's an adventure mode Metroid stage that involves a Ridley fight.

Or some random Metroid themed map that has this in the background. I don't think Ridley will be playable, that would be lol.

I predict that there's an adventure mode Metroid stage that involves a Ridley fight.

Or some random Metroid themed map that has this in the background. I don't think Ridley will be playable, that would be lol.

Perhaps wishful thinking on my part then. Considering other games have various characters from the same game it'd be nice for more metroid characters and f-zero. Unlikely I guess...

Man, I really like this new arrangement. Best version of Ridley's theme I have ever heard in my opinion. Also I seriously doubt Ridley would be a playable character in Brawl. Those that have played Metroid games should know why.

First, he is really big. He would tower over the other characters easily. He is so big he could be a very cheap character.

Second, he can fly. Not glide, not multi-jump, but FLY. It would just be stupid to make him only have 2 jumps and a 3rd jump. A Ridley that can't fly is stupid.

I think this will most likely be the music for a new metroid stage. That sounds more reasonable to me.

Second, he can fly. Not glide, not multi-jump, but FLY. It would just be stupid to make him only have 2 jumps and a 3rd jump. A Ridley that can't fly is stupid.

Kirby can fly, but they fixed that for SSB/Melee, no?

I concur. Simply sizewize, scaling Ridley down would be ridiculous.

Kirby is supposed to be 8 in tall. Pikachu is supposed to be like 12 in tall. Both characters then, have been scaled up. I don't see why that would discourage Sakurai from scaling down characters.

Edit: Also, about dsx100, you mentioned Ridley would tower over the other characters because of his size. Suppose he was that big. In melee, the biggest characters are all low-bottom tier. DK is in low tier. Bowser and Mewtwo are both bottom tier. Being big is not a good thing. Sakurai made the big characters slow and they boast giant hitboxes, making them easy to combo. Consider how easy it is to land a rest on gigabowser with Jiggs. It's like that with all attacks on the big characters. Only the best players can play competitively with the fat characters. The higher the level of play though, the more obselete they become, until the only safe characters to use are the top 5 in the tiers: Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, and Peach (though she's often debatable). My point is- if Brawl follows the pattern of Melee, a giant Ridley would the punching bag ftl.

We already had this talk on the scaling issue before, but I forget about what exactly. I doubt Ridley will be a playable character, he just doesn't have that right vibe to him...and I do agree more with the possibility that he is going to be a boss in the supposed adventure mode.

Also, about the flying comments: All of the characters have some possibility for flight if you -really- wanted to dig into their own worlds and pull some implement for flight. Did they do it before? No. Will they do it now? No. They've already added two known characters who could have had the possibility of flight: Pit and MetaKnight. At least be consistent with what you're going to argue against a character. They aren't dumb enough to ruin such a fine game by allowing something as simple as flight to get past them.

I hope that Ridley would be in game in some way...but it's diffucult because he is a very strong character...

He has a monstrous strenght...he can fire lasers and bombs...and he can fly....

Anyway the theme is awesome!!!