Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Part of me is thinking he is more likely to be some kind of NPC boss like Giga Bowser or especially like MasterHand with an unconventional moveset.

this the way i'm thinking. but this opens up another line of thought. so if SSBB has boss battles where the player goes against a non playable character (completely different from the unlockable fights) like master hand or gigabowser.

the guy from Chrono Trigger is doing some of the music, would it be so crazy to imagine chrono fighting a lavos boss at the end of his adventure mode? i don't think so. i'm looking forward to this game no matter who's in or who's out. this game is gonna ROCK!

Ryu Hayabusa for brawl!

Dude. Shut up. Come off of the size and flight issue. Authenticity isn't exactly abundant in this game in terms of character size.

Kirby is 8 inches tall..but he's not that small compared to Mario who's 155cm (don't feel like converting know...that's the measurement I can remember)...Pikachu is 1 foot 4 inches tall...but he looks the same size as Kirby...OMG I HATE THIS GAME NOW AND CAN'T STAND THESE CHARACTERS IT BREAKS ALL AUTHENTICITY.

Edit: Just read RD's post and the whole size-changing issue is also present with Bowser, not sure if DK does it too, but it is very likely.

Do you have a problem with people stating their opinions. I was merely saying why I "think" it would be unlikely. I never said "Impossible!" "Brawl will suck if it isn't authentic". I just think if Ridley where to be in the game, it should be authentic. That is my opinion and I am free to express whether you like it or not Mr. Zero. So stating why I "think" Ridley is an unlikely character is now considered a crime. Arrest me then because I am not taking back what I said.

Also I did read RD's post. He brings up a good point except its not entirely accurate. Both Ridley and Kraid are only small in the NES version because of its technical limitations. Ridley has been much bigger in the rest of the games, most notably Zero Mission. Although he did seem to get really big in Prime. Also Browser is pretty huge in Melee. He doesn't really look any smaller to me, but thats just what I think.

But who really cares now. If Ridley is in the game, fine, not a problem with me. I will still the buy the the second It is avialable and I am sure most of you will do the same.

PS: Glad to see you actually quoted me this time.

as long as they pretend like the awful ps2 game didn't happen

The game was okay.

I enjoyed it.

The 3 different types of diskarmor was awesome. Then along came God of War and ripped off how the weapon worked and the number of hits it showed and the Greco-Roman era.

Meh.

Whatever. Off topic.

I think Ridley will have a similar role to what Kraid had in Melee. A big ass beast on one of the Metroid stages, but instead of just effecting the stage, he'll attack players randomly. You'll see him flying around in the background when hes not pwning people. The Ridley theme remix would be music for that stage ofcourse.

The adventure mode idea would be great but I doubt it would happen.

the guy from Chrono Trigger is doing some of the music, would it be so crazy to imagine chrono fighting a lavos boss at the end of his adventure mode? i don't think so. i'm looking forward to this game no matter who's in or who's out. this game is gonna ROCK!

Look, it was a good game, but you guys need to get over your obsessions with Chrono Trigger revival. Squeenix seems to have moved past that possibility, so I don't know why everyone else can't. It's not like they're going to start listening to their fans now.

Look, it was a good game, but you guys need to get over your obsessions with Chrono Trigger revival. Squeenix seems to have moved past that possibility, so I don't know why everyone else can't. It's not like they're going to start listening to their fans now.

oh boohoo *sniff sniff* (somebody's a little bitter)

oh yeah i better do just forget about it. 'cause there's been so many punch out!! games made in last 12 years to totally rationalize talking about a character from that series in Brawl.

infact, the chrono series is still under a decade old. (can't say that about iceclimbers) but this is all irrelevant. but tell me something, why is the guy in the music credits? fact is, none of us know.

hell, i know its completely wishful thinking but come on! why don't you go bitch to those guys talking about little mac or whoever else.

This thread is pathetic... It goes like this

1.. OMG SSBB

2.. lets put in crono, Ridely, or any other lame char.

3.. OMG Trailer.

3.. Rip apart trailer

4.. See 2

5.. see 3

6.. OMG Blog

7.. Speculations

8.. see 2

9.. repeat 6-8

10.... ?

11 PROFIT

This thread is pathetic... It goes like this

1.. OMG SSBB

2.. lets put in crono, Ridely, or any other lame char.

3.. OMG Trailer.

3.. Rip apart trailer

4.. See 2

5.. see 3

6.. OMG Blog

7.. Speculations

8.. see 2

9.. repeat 6-8

10.... ?

11 PROFIT

The great Items or Not? debate should be in there somewhere. Seriously, so much flaming at that time.

oh yeah i better do just forget about it. 'cause there's been so many punch out!! games made in last 12 years to totally rationalize talking about a character from that series in Brawl.

infact, the chrono series is still under a decade old. (can't say that about iceclimbers) but this is all irrelevant. but tell me something, why is the guy in the music credits? fact is, none of us know.

hell, i know its completely wishful thinking but come on! why don't you go bitch to those guys talking about little mac or whoever else.

1) I hate people who identify composers only with one or two major games or series they've done, and assume that any and all future work is likely to be connected to those past works.

2) There are, like, three of those Little Mac fans, and they haven't been repeating their wish on every bloody page since this thread started.

Hmm, that list there would be a whole lot more accurate if you exclude "profit"...

And now I also have some random stuff to say:

I think Ridley as a playable character isn't a great idea, and I highly doubt he will be playable, but I'm not having too much trouble imagining it. If you take his wings (and tail) out of the picture (say if they're slightly smaller, often folded behind his back, or you simply can't hit them) then he's not actually that big. Plus, all the flying he does in the original games is in places with weak gravity, right? Not that that really matters, but I wouldn't see it as a stretch to make Ridley's flying ability finite (like Kirby or Jigglypuff, but more flight-y). If a ton of his moves involve flying and diving, then he wouldn't appear land-locked at all. B-up would obviously be an aerial move, B-down could make him hop around on his tail, B to breath fireballs, and B-left/right for some kind of flying dive. He could temporarily hover/jump for a lot of his A moves, and also for dodges. Heck, all of his grabs could incorperate flying - he needs room underneith him for some serious tail whacking, and a Kirby-like suplex move would be awesome.

(Note: I thought all that stuff up on the spot, don't think I've been thinking about Ridley all day!! ... or typing this post all day, for that matter.)

Dark Samus seems like a SMALL possibility, but I highly doubt it. (Note, this character wouldn't be a clone at all: I've never seen Dark Samus do ANYTHING that Samus does. Try and prove me wrong if you feel like it.... no, "shooting" doesn't count).

I would LOVE to see playable SA-X though. Ice beam, umm, Super Missiles, some other stuff.... I dunno. Heck, with SA-X as a character, you don't need an armoured Samus anymore, right? Right???

...I'm just praying they make suited Samus a little bit accurate and give her some decent beam moves, you know, use the arm cannon as something other than a blunt instrument. The morph ball also has tons of potential for interesting and fun aerial attacks - now THAT's a blunt instrument that fits Samus perfectly. As for the beam: at least SOME short/medium ranged moves that involve shooting would be nice. Samus without shooting stuff everywhere is like... Mario without jumping on things. That reminds me: Mario needs an aerial "stomp" move - badly.

Nintendo likes keeping the characters authentic.

HA! That is all.

...I also thought the Ridley song was mediocre. =(

Yup. Too much Primey.

....duh?

That song is just a redone version of the Meta Ridley fight from Prime (which I'm sure is a redone theme from another Metroid game). If you're going to fight/use Ridley, I think Nintendo was looking for a familiar song to go with him.

....duh?

That song is just a redone version of the Meta Ridley fight from Prime (which I'm sure is a redone theme from another Metroid game). If you're going to fight/use Ridley, I think Nintendo was looking for a familiar song to go with him.

It's originally from Super Metroid...duh.

The point is they could have made it sound good, instead of something out of Prime.