Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Cut scenes? Please. Maybe an interrupt, but that's it. Seriously, just because the screenshots show something up close doesn't mean that's how it'll be in game. Hell, half the screenshots are at a 3/4 camera pan view from the side, and there's no way that's feasible except in Camera Mode. . . . . Did anyone even use Camera mode?!

I wonder how long we'll be getting recycled trailer info.

"And here is the wall texture we used in the castle! It looks very much like bricks! Don't you want to step on them? - Sakurai"

/sarcasm

well, i think it'll put more weight on the final smash if there is a slow-mo "cinematic" like samus charging up. and then it would zoom back out to normal view and the other people would have like a second to get the hell outta the way.

with kirby's it'll be sorta anti-climatic with out the zoomed in shot. oh and i think the person will get boiled and then fly straight up like a cartoon character for a star-KO.

I want an option at the end of the fight that ask you if you want to save a record of it!!!!

As in, a video?

Not possible, too much processor time and memory would be consumed into encoding and storing it.

Unless it just stores controller input and any other nondeterministic info, that is. Then it COULD work, but is still unlikely imo.

As in, a video?

Not possible, too much processor time and memory would be consumed into encoding and storing it.

Unless it just stores controller input and any other nondeterministic info, that is. Then it COULD work, but is still unlikely imo.

Well maybe not an avi...but something that reproduces exactly the events of the fight...

Well maybe not an avi...but something that reproduces exactly the events of the fight...

Right, this is what Bungie is doing with Halo 3. It takes far less space and power to just store the actions and positions of the characters than recording a video of the animations. I mean, look at racing games, even down to Mario Kart - those are procedurally (is that the term I want here) generated, not a video recording, per say.

Seems feasible, and I think I'd rather enjoy it.

Right, this is what Bungie is doing with Halo 3. It takes far less space and power to just store the actions and positions of the characters than recording a video of the animations. I mean, look at racing games, even down to Mario Kart - those are procedurally (is that the term I want here) generated, not a video recording, per say.

Seems feasible, and I think I'd rather enjoy it.

This was used in Street Fighter: Anniversary Collection for SF3: 3rd Strike. You could save a 'replay' of any versus match (it just saved the input and the characters, then played it back). However, sometimes the data would become 'corrupt'...

The problem with it is that it didn't really become corrupted, but rather it wasn't registering all of the player input because of button mashing or something similar. I can only hope the same problem doesn't happen if they did something similar for Brawl...

New Snapshot mode with short (or long) video options?

Replays would be pretty nice, might be useful or fun to watch parts in slow motion, zoomed in or what have you. I know StarCraft has replays (although they don't always turn out quite the same as the original game =p), and Warcraft 3 manages to save replays that actually work. I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think either or both games' replay files become obsolete (and hence unplayable) when a new patch is downloaded.

What they should do (and I actually see this as a possibility) is have an option to make it so you can take a snapshot at any time by pressing a certain button. All the controller schemes have at least one unused button, I think... Heck, that'd be an awsome feature for the Wii - playing a virtual console game and you find some extraordinary bug, or do something insane: snap a screenshot! I've never owned an XBOX, 360, or PS3 - hell, I don't think I've ever TYPED the words "XBOX" before; I don't know how that capitalization is supposed to go =\

Do any consoles already have screenshot feature (that doesn't require modding)? Sorry, that's getting REALLY off topic (but it's not like this thread actually HAS a stable topic to begin with...)

As for Link's Final Smash: Nothing surprising, most of that info could be deduced (and if you feel like it searching for it in this thread, deduced by me :)!!) from the trailer. I kind of like how they attempted to incorperate a LOZ "story" element (sort of) with the triforce on his hand stuff. I read "opponents" as being able to trap more than one, but who's to say that's the correct interpretation?

Anyway, here's my educated guess of what Fox's final smash will be:

*tkch*

Peppy: Do a barrel roll!

*tkch*

(Fox then proceeds to do a barell roll, destroying all other players with his awsomeness)

link_070618d-l.jpg

Look at that pic, maybe thats how you can hit multiple opponents.

Anyway, here's my educated guess of what Fox's final smash will be:

*tkch*

Peppy: Do a barrel roll!

*tkch*

(Fox then proceeds to do a barell roll, destroying all other players with his awsomeness)

Lol, that would be really cool. :D