Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Which bites.

I don't like how the returning characters are (so far) exactly the same as in Melee, down to every animation. The fact that we can pick out which moves they're doing in the still frames depresses me. Melee is a great game, but Brawl seems (so far) to just be an expansion on it. I guess one could say the same from SSB to Melee.

Isn't going to stop me (and millions of others) from buying Brawl.

Anyone think of the possibility of Link being able to transform? Not sure what move he'd loose in the process, but it'd be pretty cool to have Midna jump out of his shadow and be able to play in wolf form as well. His grab could be Midna holding them with that hand thing, kind of like wrangling a goat. I'm not sure if I'd want them to do this, but it's an idea.

all this, and still an addition of WW link. so its going to be alot of zelda characters. maybe WW ganondorf?

but i had an idea about 150 pages ago like the light arrows idea for zelda. still think it would be awesome.

Hopefully Capt. Falcon will look awesomely realistic(er) in Brawl.

all this, and still an addition of WW link. so its going to be alot of zelda characters. maybe WW ganondorf?

but i had an idea about 150 pages ago like the light arrows idea for zelda. still think it would be awesome.

Who said anything about WW link being in brawl?

WW link would be pretty cool.

I really like how his eyes were drawn.

Also, Phantom Hourglass Link is the exact same style, so it's definitely a possibility, though nothing has been announced about this style of Link's appearance in brawl.

Now I heard somewhere (most likely a rumor) that capt. falcon will not appear in Brawl. I heard that his spot in Brawl was taken by Snake when they got the rights to use Snake. I've heard a lot more evidence to back this up, but I still personally think and hope he will be in the game.

I'm all for WW Link replacing Young Link, but please no Midna+Feral Link...so lame.

What I'm most excited for at this point is the specifications on Zero Suit Samus (ie, how to obtain/use) and what Fire Emblem character(s) will be making an appearance this time around.

Now I heard somewhere (most likely a rumor) that capt. falcon will not appear in Brawl. I heard that his spot in Brawl was taken by Snake when they got the rights to use Snake. I've heard a lot more evidence to back this up, but I still personally think and hope he will be in the game.
Wrong, he was one of the original 12, all of the original 12 will appear except for maybe Ness because in Melee he was supposed to be switched with Lucas from Mother 3, but that game was delayed

Sheik has to still be in it or a lot of people will be pissed, I mean she is top tier and very very popular

It's been stated that not only Y.Link, but also Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch are leaving the game, and Y.Link will be replaced by Wind Waker Link from the director himself

Effector: What more can they do to the game? Not much. Street Fighter 3 couldn't change much from Street Fighter 2 but eventually it turned out to be an insanely good game

Eternal zero: For Fire Emblem, it'll most likely be Marth, Roy, Ike, Black Knight, two of those or maybe three will make it into the game. Some people say Hector but, I don't think so

But C. Falcon Was one of the orginal 12 Smash Bros. I remember reading (I believe the old Smash Bros. site) that all the orginal Smash Bros. will return in Brawl.

Sadly, anything you might have "heard" about ssbb is made-up garbage unless it came out of sakurai or nintendo.

Also, I hope link doesn't transforms into a wolf. To be quite frank I didn't like that idea at all. It's one of the lamest changes they've tried out in the series, besides the incredibly boring sea navigation in WW. TP was nice, but I could have done just fine without the wolf form.

ILL: I heard about the rumors, too, but adding to your list I heard Lyndis, which got my really excited because she actually has ranged capabilities.

atma: I don't think you could ever change fair nor bair on Zelda and ever expect her to be taken seriously.

Wario seems to move in a similar fashion to G&W which leads me to believe that he's going to have a similar moveset. This means that each character leaving remains in the game through their concepts and moves. This little theory of mine fails when you see that they haven't mentioned anyone that could replace the Ice Climbers. Anyone got any ideas of what could fit that build? I can't think of any really good ones...which saddens me because I loved that concept. Being able to almost fully control two characters was awesome. You just had to work really hard on staggering your commands for whichever one you made secondary depending on color.

Effector: What more can they do to the game? Not much. Street Fighter 3 couldn't change much from Street Fighter 2 but eventually it turned out to be an insanely good game

Brawl can't change much from Melee? Not sure where you got that idea. So far, if you look at just Sakurai's updates, it looks like all the old characters are exactly the way they were in Melee, save for a graphical update. Moves, animations, etc. all seem to be the same. Sure, that makes it more comfortable for returning players, but with how much creative talent the studio has, is it necessary to basically recycle so much content? Sure, you can say "don't fix what isn't broken", but you never know what you works better than what you already have, if you never test it out.

Bah, don't want to make this into another argument. Sakurai and the gang know how to make a good game.

so i got to thinkin and here is all of the officially old stuff (aka already in trailers) that has yet to be released

characters

snake

zero suit samus

meta knight

captain falcon + moves

ness + moves

jigglypuff + moves

luigi + moves

dk + moves

yoshi + moves

marios moves

pikachus moves

links moves

samus moves

kirbys final smash + moves

stages

that angel type sky place (kid icarus)

the castle thingy (fire emblem?)

Halberd

snakes place (which seems to have an enclosed region and a top region, could be new hyrule temple)

mario kart

pokemon stadium

the place with the huge statue in the back (uh no idea on that one, could even be f-zero)

items

the giant nintendog

yeah this could take a while

that is a total of 29

that is 5 weeks and 4 days of updates

did i forget something?

and effector easyp is right

go play street fighter 2 then street fighter 3

so i got to thinkin and here is all of the officially old stuff (aka already in trailers) that has yet to be released

characters

stages

the castle thingy (fire emblem?)

the place with the huge statue in the back (uh no idea on that one, could even be f-zero)

I think that the "huge statue in the back" is from the same "castle thingy" stage, only inside the castle (if what your talking about means the big stone atlas kinda statue)

Another idea I had was that you could get the Metroid Fusion suit by changing the color of Samus' suit, kinda like when you would get Daisy as a color of Peach. I think that would be really cool.

i doubt that

you can see both stages in their entirety in the trailers and i cant see how they could be linked

oh yeah and if fox's reflector is a thing on his belt and he has to whip it out to use it i dont think the reflector is gonna be the same ridiculously fast (1-3 frames?) move it was

I love Zelda's new look. Thank God they didn't stick the same kinda hair on her that they did on zero suit Samus. That stuff looks awful.

Also, can anyone link me to where it said WW link would be included? I don't really like that Idea personally... but what can you do.

Also, Sir_NutS, what's so awful about link turning into a wolf? I didn't that that was so bad... Once you could control it. They just wanted to throw some variation into the game. I mean sure it's no fluffy pink bunny from LTTP, but it's not as though they made it completely out of place for the game....

On a side note... I think if they were to add any other variation of link to the game, Pink Fluffy Bunny Link, would by FAR be the best choice.

I have no idea what those statues in that level are. I always thought it was part of Pit's stage... maybe an underground area or something.. Dunno

I know for a fact that Snake's level shown in one of those trailers is the helipad from Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes, although, it appears as if you're looking at the helipad from North to South, instead of South to North (how you did in the game). The building's architecture are identical and have weird sloping look in both games. Additionally, they added a communications tower on top of one of that building that had nothing there in the actual game. The tower also has a search light on it. Additionally, some of the structures on the side have been modified, for instance you can see part of the mountain behind the area with snow on the ground. that area was part of the building in MGS... BUT I firmly believe that's the helipad. I've been looking at the Twin Snakes level layout and its more or less identical, especially with the placement of the boxes.

/offtopic

I'm stoked for the Mario Kart level. :)

AND... meh, the Wolf transformation in TP wasn't too bad. It reminded me of being a bunny in A link to the Past, which was fun. Seriously, the poison mushroom shouldn't make you shrink, it should turn you into a crappy version of yourself... kind of like the opposite of a final smash. Haha. Link turns into a bunny. Mario could shrink... Bowser could turn into baby bowser. Hehe. ^_~ Maybe Snake could turn old. I don't know. Anyway I'm outta here.

Seriously, the poison mushroom shouldn't make you shrink, it should turn you into a crappy version of yourself... kind of like the opposite of a final smash. Haha. Link turns into a bunny. Mario could shrink... Bowser could turn into baby bowser. Hehe. ^_~ Maybe Snake could turn old. I don't know. Anyway I'm outta here.

That, would be sweet. Likely too much extra work for programmers though. :sad: