Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

So on a different side of things, what character that you have seen being played in the trailers looks like he/she will end up being fairly high tier? My personal feel is that Sir Metaknight will be a character to watch out for. It seems like he's got a good amount of speed along with some sword attacks that seem to be fairly damaging. That on top of the fact that he can fly makes him look very appealing. I also think that Fox will again be a tough competetor. He seems to have kept all his speed but may be a little bit weaker as to balance him a bit more. The one character that I was not very impressed with is Zero-Suit Samus. She seems slow and dosen't look like she has that great of recovery. I don't think she will be a very good character; I'm still thinking that Samus/Zero-Suit will be something like Zelda/Shiek, that way Zero-Suit's downsides don't seem as extreme.

you cant tell any of that from the trailers

you cant tell any of that from the trailers

Shit, son, he's calling you out.

He is right, though, that's a large speculation to be pulling from your ass. Also, Atma, when I asked for a reference I mean where did you see the big statue thing? Original trailer? Screenshot? I'd like to see if I can recognize it, but I don't remember ever seeing that in the preview media.

Shit, son, he's calling you out.

He is right, though, that's a large speculation to be pulling from your ass. Also, Atma, when I asked for a reference I mean where did you see the big statue thing? Original trailer? Screenshot? I'd like to see if I can recognize it, but I don't remember ever seeing that in the preview media.

nintendo world trailer

1:47

Despite the fact that the game has an asshipping list of composers behind it, I'm really not impressed with any of the music I've heard so far. (except for the theme that was playing during the nintendo world trailer)

It's not really listening music so maybe that's why. It probably sounds better blasting from yer TV speakers in the back of all the fighting sounds n_n

I personally think it's remixing at it's finest but then again I only know what I like and don't like :)

That Zelda song is excellent. Not so much for general listening, but when I visualize a battle going on, it really fits.

Most of these songs feel like works in progress, though. I dunno, the sound quality just doesn't seem high enough. I can't remember where I read this, or even if I actually did, but wasn't the majority of the soundtrack supposed to be orchestrated?

i was just rewatching this trailer and noticed something...

Castle.JPG

i believe that stage interaction is going to at an alltime high. In this picture ZeroSuit Samus barely dodges on of those flaming bombardments. actually the one right next to her. it comes from the foreground and travels into the background. man, these stages are going to ROCK.

Okay. From seeing those screens I would say that it's the Fire Emblem stage. You can clearly see the same flags in each of them, which IIRC, are from the latest Fire Emblem.

If I'm right...which is rare for any of us to be right, but still, then it brings up two implications I can think of off the top of my head:

1. That stage moves, man. Which gives a good amount of opportunity for stage interaction as well as a more interesting tournament spec. Think about it. If you have tournament style stages, but a fashion in which they rotated around in a map, that would be feasibly for tournament and would still be fun for casual play. For example, take Rainbow Cruise. The boat in itself is fine for a tournament save for the constant left motion...midair bumpers failed and KOs where easier toward one side...but w/e. Now the transition could cause the stage to leave your standard "Final Dest. Only" tourneys (which isn't bad...but some people absolutely -refuse- to do anything else...which bothers me since it only shows a shallow amount of strategy with a flat platform compared to potential strategy with a varied stage...but I ramble), but if taken at set intervals without constant movement except for transitions like Pokemon Stadium, it would be quite awesome.

2. That seems to be form the latest FE...so if they really are replacing Marth and Roy (which I hope they do. they aren't bad, but there are better), we'll probably be seeing Ike taking the stage. I'd take Lyn any day, but whatever happens will work out well I'm sure.

Edit:: I can't specifically name the castle that would be if it -was- from the latest FE...that and I haven't completely finished LoZ:TP because I've been lazy about it...sooooo...that just might be another LoZ stage? They did have a couple stages per series in Melee.

Oh, btw, while I'm on the topic of stages. I want Fourside to make a comeback. So unfair if you can't wall jump, but still my favorite stage ever.

Just a small thing to note to those that think the composer list is indicative of what characters are going to be featured in this game. The arrangement of this OoT song is done by Michiko Naruke, who primarily composes for the Wild ARMs series, and I have a strong doubt that this particular game will be represented in Brawl. As I expected, it seems these composers are brought on as "guest arrangers", if you will, to possibly increase demand since everyone will want to hear the songs made by their favorite composer. Having an all-star lineup of composers certainly couldn't hurt, at least.

i was just rewatching this trailer and noticed something...

Castle.JPG

i believe that stage interaction is going to at an alltime high. In this picture ZeroSuit Samus barely dodges on of those flaming bombardments. actually the one right next to her. it comes from the foreground and travels into the background. man, these stages are going to ROCK.

I'd say Odama...

Someone told me they were trying to add Sonic to the game. Anybody know anything about that?

whats it like living under a rock?

um they aren't "trying" some people want him in, some don't. they will or won't, depending on what the developers decide. but as for us, its a possiblity. who knows?