Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I'm impressed that they took the Zelda themes a different direction from a style perspective. I mean, I never thought of Saria's Song as battle music until this morning...

Good stuff -- hopefully they continue to push the music in new directions. And hopefully we get Golden Sun represented. :P

And it sound great in a dramatic mood.

I wish everyday for Golden Sun.

Just poking around on the page... Looking at old updates. Anyone want to guess what he's talking about here?

Many fans clamored for Wario to join the fray, and so now he finally makes his appearance...in his WarioWare costume.

It’s rumored that this unpredictable character will give birth to a form of martial arts that other characters cannot even see.

Wow, this new song does not fit a fighting game at all. Cinematic yes, Adventure game, yes, fight, NO!

I think it'll be fine when you're actually playing on it Arek. Think of the bg music for rainbow cruise in Melee. Definitely not what you'd call "battle music" but it grows on you just like the rest of the game.

This particular theme reminds me of a stage from Soul Calibur because of its orchestral elements. Soul Calibur is usually. identified with that kind of score.

Just poking around on the page... Looking at old updates. Anyone want to guess what he's talking about here?

I imagine the wario waft. Speeking of which, how about this picture? Does anyone get what's going on in here?

Wario.jpg

He doesn't seem to be getting hurt... -but Fox is definitly taking damage. Wario's position looks pretty awkward. I don't get it. I'd have to say he's doing some kind of fart blast, unless it's some sort of head butt for his downair or downB or something.

I think it'll be fine when you're actually playing on it Arek. Think of the bg music for rainbow cruise in Melee. Definitely not what you'd call "battle music" but it grows on you just like the rest of the game.

This particular theme reminds me of a stage from Soul Calibur because of its orchestral elements. Soul Calibur is usually. identified with that kind of score.

Then let Soul Calibur keep the style. This isn't Soul Calibur.

I thought this newest song sounds the MOST fitting to play during a battle, of the songs released so far... Try imagining the sights and sounds of a Smash Bros game while you listen to the songs - they might actually sound a bit better. Heck, it even makes the Ridley theme sound pretty good. All of the songs released so far (yes, even the Yoshi one) sound like they'd fit in a Smash Bros. battle no less than any song from SSB or Melee. I for one like the epic feel. A lot ^^

.....I mean, I thought I complained a lot, but.... claiming that OOT remix doesn't fit in a SSB fight... I dunno, you're taking SSBB complaints to a whole new level they were never meant to go.

That Wario picture looks to me like Wario's clearly doing a move (probably some boring ol' A move... but maybe he can launch himself like Luigi, and that's the aftermath???). Fox may or may not be getting hit by Wario or something else.

Speeking of which, how about this picture? Does anyone get what's going on in here?

Wario.jpg

He doesn't seem to be getting hurt... -but Fox is definitly taking damage. Wario's position looks pretty awkward. I don't get it. I'd have to say he's doing some kind of fart blast, unless it's some sort of head butt for his downair or downB or something.

This is obviously Wario's Down-A attack.

Also, I love Zelda and the new song.:sleepdepriv:

Just a small thing to note to those that think the composer list is indicative of what characters are going to be featured in this game. The arrangement of this OoT song is done by Michiko Naruke, who primarily composes for the Wild ARMs series, and I have a strong doubt that this particular game will be represented in Brawl. As I expected, it seems these composers are brought on as "guest arrangers", if you will, to possibly increase demand since everyone will want to hear the songs made by their favorite composer. Having an all-star lineup of composers certainly couldn't hurt, at least.

THAT and additionally, Hideo Kojima is supposed to help develop Solid Snake's stage. There will be guest developers too it seems.

Was it confirmed that all these songs would be re-done fully orchestrated? With all these composers it would be injustice not to.

I don't think all of them will be orchestrated... I would love for them to, but I don't think its been confirmed ....

I was under the impression that they were going to have a lot of orchestrated songs, but would also have a mix with other songs that weren't...