Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

give it up people

he ducks for a second

its a wavedash

the funny thing is, you don't have a clue.

everything is complete speculation here except for that which has the creators seal of approval.

unless, of course, you've played that game and actually know what you're talking about. have you?

Seriously, who gives a shit? Let's talk about something else, like how cool Wario's farts are.

Farts? The motorcycle is damn amazing. I kind of expect the Waft to be approximately about the level of PK Flash, maybe a bit more powerful.

Both sides need to shut the fuck up and wait for the game to come out so we can confirm it.

Agreed.

Both sides need to shut the fuck up and wait for the game to come out so we can confirm it.

Absolutely true. Now is not the time for debating. Now is a time for betting.

I bet 50$ that wavedashing will be a part of this game. I'll only make the bet with two people, so it'll be the first 2 to oppose herein. :)!!:)!!

I wonder how long it will take for Wario's gas attack to build up to the max though. Because it's very easy to make a KO usually and I imagine the charge to be gone when you lose a life.

On that same note; is it really worth waiting just to make one KO with the attack?

Ugh, it's no use even discussing that x_x. We just need this game already and judging by how little we know, we have a long wait ahead of us.

I wonder how long it will take for Wario's gas attack to build up to the max though. Because it's very easy to make a KO usually and I imagine the charge to be gone when you lose a life.

On that same note; is it really worth waiting just to make one KO with the attack?

Ugh, it's no use even discussing that x_x. We just need this game already and judging by how little we know, we have a long wait ahead of us.

That's actually a good point, how long will it take? And how does one know if you're fully ... *ahem* charged? Does Wario's belly protrude more and more? Haha. Man.

Bust out the beano.

On wavedashing:

or rolls now require no shield and no... roll.

This seems likely, and also would be a VERY fun gameplay element. It would be almost like a wavedash that's easy for everyone to use! That'd be fun =D

Or perhaps they are just making wavedashing easier to use. Or maybe it's neither a wavedash nor a roll - that's simply how players land in Brawl. They've introduced walking/crawling while you're crouched - maybe you do a kind of wavedash-like thing if you're holding down as you land. Whatever it is (unless it's similar to a wavedash in Melee), it looks like good fun.

... have we seen any aerial dodges in any of the videos? If not, it seems very likely it's not a wavedash. I'd imagine aerial dodges would not work well in Brawl, and it seems likely they've removed them: wouldn't it suck if you could dodge some final smashes (certainly Pikachu's) by pressing a button with good timing?

Maybe he can hold it in and save it for later like Samus' charge beam. =P
This particular special move builds up power the longer you go without using it.

Nice reading! :nicework:

Anyway, looks like some special moves (definately those two of Wario's) are gonna have big strategical implicaitons. Can Wario hop on his bike right now and quickly ride towards the Smash Ball? Do I have to beware of an impending explosion?

.... I'm just psyched that Wario's final smash is probably gonna be even more awsome than both of those moves. It better not be another fart move though. I'm hoping Wario has a lot of attacks from the Gameboy Warioland games, especially the GBA Warioland 4. That game had some niiice moves, very Wario-esque.

Star KO'd? Watch the first 10 seconds or so of the Nintendo World trailer, you'll see kirby kick two guys up in the air, resulting in regular-looking KOs. Not sure if I'll miss them, they made for unnessesarily long breaks in the action. Also this could mean that some levels can be in more enclosed, possibly small cavernous spaces, say, deep underground inside certain planets.

Now Wario has to do his WAHHHHHHH! every time he gets KO'd! ....it just won't be quite the same though :(

It could be possible that you can get a running start and use a jump to increase speed or something, kinda like Mario's double/triple jumps in Mario 64 and New Super Mario Bros. *shrugs* Just thinking out loud. My bet is that they've made wavedashing a little easier to accomplish...

I mean, that'd be pretty bad ass if your speed while hitting someone increased damage... but then again I'm not holding my breath at that prospect, because, quite frankly, I would die... probably won't happen. That'd be one sweet little detail though. Then you could get a running start and do more damage at a full speed sprint, rather than just starting a run. *shrugs* but then again that would mess with running speeds and things like that... unless you gained speed the longer you were in a run... *shrugs* whatev.

So are there any other useful physics things going on that you people would like to see? I mean, I'm not expecting the Source engine type stuff, but hell, that'd be real cool to see crap piling up and reacting realistically to impacts and explosions. In fact, I half expected things like that in Melee when they said they were going to have "advanced physics" back before Melee even came out. hehe. :)

I think a really nice physics system would really make this game feel fresh while keeping its old school and fun feel.

Also this could mean that some levels can be in more enclosed, possibly small cavernous spaces, say, deep underground inside certain planets.

What, like Brinstar Depths? I don't get what you're trying to say.

But I won't miss star ko's either.

You don't need a fancy physics system to have characters with momuntum - It might be nice if when someone hits you, you kept some of the momentum you had before you got hit. That way, if you're running or falling towards someone quickly and they hit you, you may only slow down, rather than stop or change direction. As damage increases, momuntum would have less of an effect, and you'd go flying far no matter how heavy you are.

But I'm perfectly happy with the completely unreaslistic physics =)

I mean, that'd be pretty bad ass if your speed while hitting someone increased damage

Certainly a possibility for the bike move =D

[Edit]

What, like Brinstar Depths? I don't get what you're trying to say.

But I won't miss star ko's either.

Yeah, I mean a Zebes or Talon level where it closely resembles a particular room in Super Metroid or Metroid Prime, rather than an awkward floating platform in a giant cave that has little to do about Metroid :]

Not really. We are already on the 7th month (not technically, but very close) of the year, and I'm positively sure that this game will come out at the same time that Halo3 will. Which should be November 2007.

My two cents for the day:

A metroid-themed level should be the Mother Brain room from Super Metroid, complete with Mother Brain wandering the background and periodically attacking everyone in sight with ring lasers, floor bombs, impulse cannon and Hyper Beam for massive damage.

Not really. We are already on the 7th month (not technically, but very close) of the year, and I'm positively sure that this game will come out at the same time that Halo3 will. Which should be November 2007.

I feel that we will get quite a bit of information from E3 this year. I think that sometime this next week Sakurai will be posting a whole lot of goodies and shit that we can process and discuss, all of which will be shown at E3. Needless to say, I'm excited for this coming week, and will be watching G4 every day.

It could be possible that you can get a running start and use a jump to increase speed or something, kinda like Mario's double/triple jumps in Mario 64 and New Super Mario Bros. *shrugs* Just thinking out loud. My bet is that they've made wavedashing a little easier to accomplish...

Speaking of Mario 64, was it in that game that you would be standing on a slope, press Z, and start to slide down said slope? Perhaps Wario is sliding because the player is making him crouch as he lands. And the Nintendo World trailer made very clear that moving forward and backward while crouched was a possibility.

And you don't find 5 months a long wait? :D

so you live under a rock and dont know that halo 3 is dated for late september, the 26th im pretty sure

Speaking of Mario 64, was it in that game that you would be standing on a slope, press Z, and start to slide down said slope? Perhaps Wario is sliding because the player is making him crouch as he lands. And the Nintendo World trailer made very clear that moving forward and backward while crouched was a possibility.

Es Possible, in fact, that could be a real big possibilty. I mean, we know Snake can get to the crouch position by doing his roll, so it would be feasible to assume that he is in transition to a crouch while moving!!!! In fact, besides wavedashing/physics systems, that seems like the most logical reason we have PLUS since we've seen snake jump into a crouched position already in the trailers.

I'm willing to bet they've thrown in some things like that... I mean, there are a lot of button combos that haven't been used. We have double tap forward (or backward) to dash, but we have no double tap down? What if that could initiate a stance change into crouching? Hmm.

It would be cool if you could do some kind of a sliding attack down slopes though like you mentioned Johnny. I guess could be anything... or a combination of things...

Saw some competitive Smash Melee gaming at Anime Expo today. There was one guy playing as Princess Peach (nickname NPPL) and consecutively won every fight. He must have been going for hours...

Saw some competitive Smash Melee gaming at Anime Expo today. There was one guy playing as Princess Peach (nickname NPPL) and consecutively won every fight. He must have been going for hours...

I'm trying to pick Peach up, but I just can't get her double jump cancel down. Every time I do it for an edgeguard I plummet to an embarrassing death.