Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

NO SPECULATIONS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Also:

EazyPInc1 (12:12:07 AM): you know what this means?

EazyPInc1 (12:12:11 AM): sakurai will post characters

EazyPInc1 (12:12:13 AM): that are NPCs

EazyPInc1 (12:12:16 AM): and destroy fanboys

Thesampsons18 (12:12:28 AM): megaman as npc

Thesampsons18 (12:12:30 AM): SONIC AS NPC

Thesampsons18 (12:12:42 AM): Oh how the fanboys would cry

Thesampsons18 (12:12:48 AM): How epic would that be?

lol if that happens oh man lol

Shit, now we gotta start speculating about what characters will be included with the assist trophies. FUCK!

Well, my money is on Revolver Ocelot and Ninja, then.

anybody is a possibility now. theres no point to speculating. but here i go anyways!

so i figure theres maybe 1-3 assist trophies depending on each character they are specifically related to. (hammer bro, goro).

but then you'll have special ones that aren't really related to anybody but be there cause they are way cool. (nintendog)

anybody up for The Return of INVINCIBLE Game and Watch?

Well, now I'm relatively convinced we'll see Ridley, King Dedede, Little Mac, a freaking ton of Zelda characters (Goron, Tingle (hopefully non-invincible), iron knuckle, etc.) and most characters from Melee. They might even have a playable Sonic, then throw Tails, Knuckles, Robotnic, etc. in as trophies!

Characters (playable or otherwise) I'm really hoping for:

Paper Mario

Diddy & Dixie Kong

heck YEAH a Golden Sun character!

Megaman (though my hopes are low...)

A Belmont

The Bubble Bobble guys

Grim Reaper guy from Kid Icarus (as a trophy of course)

Metroids (would be the greatest assist trophy ever! Watch it fly at characters, forcing them to either run or hit it away temporarily, then latch on and watch the damage pile up..... :)!!)

It'd be pretty interesting if bosses appeared. Countless Megaman bosses! Tubba Blubba! Francis! Majora's Mask! Freaking Dracula! I'm sure we could compile a massive list, but what's the point......

[warning: Marx video contains spoilers for whatever Kirby game he's from]

I think Bosses from any Nintendo games are good candidates. There is a high volume of bosses from all these games, they're obscure yet retain a personality that is (usually) unique. I mean what about Minardi or Saturos from Golden Sun, highly interesting characters but not well known enough for a playable character slot imo. A whole slew of Fire Emblem characters can fit in this area too. Perhaps some Pokemon gym trainers (again, sidenote, I'm really hoping for Jesse and James from Team Rocket! You can't tell me those two (plus meowth) wouldn't be awesome... and a great choice to boot). Hmm, I'd be willing to bet we'll see a ton of Zelda characters... so many, but also characters like Petey Pirahnna, possibly Donkey Kong Jr. Andross would be interesting in evil scientist Monkey form! If Ganon isn't a playable character then GANON... in giant pig form. Eggplant Wizard maybe? There are A LOT of characters from Super Mario RPG that you could pick... seriously... tons.

... you know I wish they had regular baddies show up more frequently (LIKE THEY DID IN MELEE EXCEPT MORE OFTEN...) but now I'm off topic.

Man, I would freak if Mother Brain from the Captain N TV show suddenly appeared...

FOR GREAT JUSTICE SIR!

OBJECTION!

I believe that Dynablade would be another possibility.

But given that Golden Sun is very obscure and not very well known, even though it is a kick ass game, I don't think they will have any playable Golden Sun characters. NPC however MIGHT be a possibility.

And yes, Phoenix Wright would be FTW.

This is a cool update, at first I thought we'd be having Goro as a playable character (It needs more F-Zero guys in it :D) but after reading the whole thing I must say these souped up pokeballs are a great idea.

I just hope assisting characters do more than pokemons did in Melee.

This is the best update yet!

And I must say that's a really clever way to get more characters in it without having to make them playable.

It also looks like they're really listening to what the fans want :) so we may get to see all those unlikely characters afterall.

I'll say it again: this game is starting to get better and better everytime :)

Great update overall, although I was hoping Goro woulde be a playable character. I really like this Assist character idea even if it is very similar to pokeballs. This reminds me of Marvel vs. Capcom where some of the lesser characters can be picked as assist characters to aid you during battle. Maybe gombas, octrots, redeads, metroids will show up as assist characters.

Well that's nice, now non-stellar characters can participate in smash. Here's the possibility for a Metal Gear appearing out of an assist trophy, or liquid snake, or revolver ocelot! man, I hope they put revolver ocelot in there =p

Lots of posibilities now for a lot of characters. This was a great idea imho, although they should have gotten rid of pokeballs and include the pokemons in the assis trophies, because, after all, they are assist characters as well. But anyways, this was one of the best updates and has taken any doubt about buying a wii+smash I had.

So it's pretty much like pokeballs except with other characters from other games. I'd like to see that Doshin the Giant guy pop out. Anyway this is a cool update although I was hoping there would be other playable F-Zero characters but seeing how his arch enemy is an assist character I don't see other ones as playable.Who knows.

F-Zero characters pretty much suck. They could get rid of Captain Falcon for all I care.

Hell, they could get rid of Captain Falcon, Falco, Dr. Mario, Young Link, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Pichu, Roy, Marth, and Sheik, and I wouldn't mind. Ice Climbers and Young Link are two of my top three gameplay-wise, but they're still ridiculous characters. Zero-Suit Samus falls into this category too.

F-Zero characters pretty much suck. They could get rid of Captain Falcon for all I care.

Hell, they could get rid of Captain Falcon, Falco, Dr. Mario, Young Link, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Pichu, Roy, Marth, and Sheik, and I wouldn't mind. Ice Climbers and Young Link are two of my top three gameplay-wise, but they're still ridiculous characters. Zero-Suit Samus falls into this category too.

So you are basicly saying that you want no characters in the game?

Sorry for double post.