Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

F-Zero characters pretty much suck. They could get rid of Captain Falcon for all I care.

Hell, they could get rid of Captain Falcon, Falco, Dr. Mario, Young Link, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Pichu, Roy, Marth, and Sheik, and I wouldn't mind. Ice Climbers and Young Link are two of my top three gameplay-wise, but they're still ridiculous characters. Zero-Suit Samus falls into this category too.

Then play the first Smash Bros.?

Yeah! And the idea of a plumber saving a kingdom from a giant evil turtle seems pretty ludicrous to me too. Lets take anyone involved with that out of smash.

I know, seriously. What the hell were those crazy bastards thinking. I'm just tired of all of Nintendo's bullshit.

You know what they should do? They should just stop making any new Smash Bros games altogether, sign on as a subsidiary of Square and make another game like Smash bros, but with all FF characters.

Geez, all this turtle and mushroom BS. That shit never sells.

You guys are fucking retarded. I am saying I wouldn't care if those characters were removed because, in my opinion, they are unimportant and unappealing.

I'm sure some F-Zero fanboy would think I'm an idiot and that all the characters should be replaced by Octo-Man or some other gay F-Zero shit, but hey, I calls 'em like I sees 'em.

Actually, several of you are acting like retards right now and should probably cut it out. This is a game we're talking about, not Jesus Christ or the world trade deficit.

So, if you don't mind, let's try getting along.

You guys are fucking retarded.

No, sir, that'd be you. There's a little thing called tone. It tends to implicitly indicate how you feel on a certain manner regardless of how explicit you were. Their responses were not unwarranted regardless of how they chose to put it.

Anyhow, I don't like the idea of assist trophies. They're a lame version of pokeballs for other non-pokemon characters. Granted, the original trophies were lame and didn't do anything, and to be honest, it is nice that they're including even more characters without making the character select screen four times as large. Just typing this, I've sold myself on these assist trophies. I did a double take when I saw Goroh, man, I thought he was going to be a playable, lol.

Edit:

I just want a release date! E3 (or its shadow of its former self) is coming up soon.....

What're they calling it now? I remember them changing to something stupid...but it was so stupid that I forgot it quickly. I know they changed the format...but I also recall a name change in the process.

although i do agree with those that are talking about a FF version of SSBB, i believe that they should keep making SSB games.

The only problem that arises when they come out w/ ne SSB games is that they make them more and more complex (than previous versions) almost making even previous game masters oblivious and confused to the new controls... but i guess that the same time that happens to everyone :)

okay i'm arguing with myself :whatevaa:

What're they calling it now? I remember them changing to something stupid...but it was so stupid that I forgot it quickly. I know they changed the format...but I also recall a name change in the process.

Entertainment for all? I think thats the name of the "successor" which takes place in October. E3 is still called E3 as far as I know, but just toned down and not as fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E3 (Scroll down to Spiritual Successor to E3)

No, sir, that'd be you. There's a little thing called tone. It tends to implicitly indicate how you feel on a certain manner regardless of how explicit you were. Their responses were not unwarranted regardless of how they chose to put it.

shut up fgt

I refuse to fade out like a good little unmodder.

Now you see there's the problem.

!Nekko!: Ah, that's right. I didn't realize they were still calling E3 by that name officially. I thought E3 turned into this new E for All and that the old E3 became just a small media thing.

F-Zero characters pretty much suck. They could get rid of Captain Falcon for all I care.

Hell, they could get rid of Captain Falcon, Falco, Dr. Mario, Young Link, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Pichu, Roy, Marth, and Sheik, and I wouldn't mind. Ice Climbers and Young Link are two of my top three gameplay-wise, but they're still ridiculous characters. Zero-Suit Samus falls into this category too.

Then play the first Smash Bros.?
come on eulogic thats even stupider than some of the stuff ive said
Yeah! And the idea of a plumber saving a kingdom from a giant evil turtle seems pretty ludicrous to me too. Lets take anyone involved with that out of smash.
I know, seriously. What the hell were those crazy bastards thinking. I'm just tired of all of Nintendo's bullshit.

You know what they should do? They should just stop making any new Smash Bros games altogether, sign on as a subsidiary of Square and make another game like Smash bros, but with all FF characters.

Geez, all this turtle and mushroom BS. That shit never sells.

You guys are fucking retarded. I am saying I wouldn't care if those characters were removed because, in my opinion, they are unimportant and unappealing.

I'm sure some F-Zero fanboy would think I'm an idiot and that all the characters should be replaced by Octo-Man or some other gay F-Zero shit, but hey, I calls 'em like I sees 'em.

although i do agree with those that are talking about a FF version of SSBB, i believe that they should keep making SSB games.

...And the lulz has returned to this thread!

So, if you don't mind, let's try getting along.

Fuck you.

And you guys need your heads checked if you read "they could get rid of Character X and I wouldn't mind" as "I hope they drop that fucking Character X!"

Fuck you.

And you guys need your heads checked if you read "they could get rid of Character X and I wouldn't mind" as "I hope they drop that fucking Character X!"

I would mind. Do you know how much I had to play with those bitches in SSBM? There's a select few they didn't do right and that I barely ever saw in play, granted, but folks like Captain Falcon and his Falcon Punch are pretty classic right now. Yeah. You can't drop it like it's hot like that. They need to make Ganon a non-CF-clone and things like that, maybe get rid of a select few chars, sure, but there's some they just shouldn't or people have every reason to wonder what the fuck that mess is.

I'd be willing to bet that all the characters Eulogic mentioned (except Capt. Falcon) will NOT be playable in Brawl. Some of those characters have had more than their fair share of the spotlight, others are silly clones who's novelty has worn off, and some simply don't fit with Brawl's updated character designs (e.g Young Link and Sheik). Did they work in Melee? Sure, if you liked those characters in tournaments, and didn't particularly care about the games they were from, or the fact that they were clones. I sure wouldn't mind seeing any of them go. Think of it this way: does Young Link make sense as an assist trophy in Brawl? I'd imagine most would say "No, Link's already a playable character!" Why on earth did they make Young Link and other clones in Melee then? Clearly, it was from a pure gameplay standpoint - clones offered varied gameplay for serious players who can actually notice the subtle differences, but showed some major carelessness (e.g Young Link shoots Fire Arrows, which do less damage than Adult Link's regular arrows??) that Brawl has so far not shown. Brawl's gameplay is bound to be much different than Melee (especially from a competitive perspective), so a new Young Link would play completely differently in Brawl, and the issue of whether Young Link and others were good characters in Melee becomes irrelevant.

Actually, Young Link isn't leaving...so to speak. He's being replaced by WW Link, which makes some awesome sense.

I'd be willing to wager that Sheik will remain as another character if not still attached to Zelda.

And hell, I, too, would be livid if Ganon doesn't have his own freaking moveset this time around. Even though the CF moveset is nothing to sneeze at, he really needs to tap into his part of the triforce ffs.

Thanks for the tips. Do you play Zelda at all? I like her better actually. Similar physics, similarly awesome recovery, but no djc and no down smash spam (well, not quite as good anyway). There's just something awesome about sweet-spotting her f-air.

EDIT- Yay! First post on page 400!

Lol, I lost our little mini conversation in the 3+ pages of discussion (or lulz) that occured since I last posted. I'm not a Zelda player, but I don't suggest using her exclusively (as in not using Sheik too, even though I hate both of them thoroughly.)

Peach has way better recovery options than zelda. Zelda's up B is usually used as a last resort and it has no attack capabilities at all, so that's part of the reason I don't use her. The sweet spot for her f-air is at a weird place on her frame, too.