Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I'll sometimes use it for aerials, but I don't tend to have a problem with fast falling or losing momentum as my intended attacks dictate my movements so I'm moving that direction anyway or I start my spike (my main is Samus, so I'm referring to her) as I jump so it cancels out the fast fall as she winds up for the hit. That is a good idea though, at least in my opinion for mid-air combat to mix up my playing style.

I love Bowser and I like the way he looks in this, without the tan. I think something Bowser really needs is an armor effect. Kind of like Mecha Zangief or Potempkin where he doesn't go into his stun animation easilly, especially not with just a little slap from something like Fox's dinky singular A punch. He'll still take the damage, but he won't be stopped as easilly, it'll take consecutive hits or a bigger hit to get him stunned.

Speaking of Bowser, it'd sure be cool if these guys were an assist.

SevenKoopalings.jpg

I know chances are slim but still.

I love Bowser and I like the way he looks in this, without the tan. I think something Bowser really needs is an armor effect. Kind of like Mecha Zangief or Potempkin where he doesn't go into his stun animation easilly, especially not with just a little slap from something like Fox's dinky singular A punch. He'll still take the damage, but he won't be stopped as easilly, it'll take consecutive hits or a bigger hit to get him stunned.

Speaking of Bowser, it'd sure be cool if these guys were an assist.

SevenKoopalings.jpg

I know chances are slim but still.

Uh great idea! I want to see the Koopaling to assist Bowser! :D

I have never used c-sticking the whole time I have played the game (or at least not since the first time I tried it out). To me it isn't very useful because I can pull off a smash attack just as fast manually and you can't charge c-stick smashes. I think charged smashes can come in handy very often.

Nah, they watered them down to make Bowser Jr.

Which I think was a big mistake. Junior blows. In any case the koopalings would make sweet assist characters.

As for the C-stick, I find it extremely useful to couple it with wavedashing. I always use Stick + A otherwise, bit its really helpful while already moving through your dash.

Nah, they watered them down to make Bowser Jr.

Which I think was a big mistake. Junior blows. In any case the koopalings would make sweet assist characters.

As for the C-stick, I find it extremely useful to couple it with wavedashing. I always use Stick + A otherwise, bit its really helpful while already moving through your dash.

He's cool at times. Almost a ninja in Mario Sunshine even, I liked him there. But it's hard for 'one' kid to beat out 'seven' in the cool factor. Plus, they all sort of had 'personality' back in the Mario Bros 3 just in how you fought them, I think.

Hey I just read on IGN that Smash Brothers Brawl will not be in playable form at E3 this year. The same article reminded me that this game was supposed to be released with the Wii.

Now that got me thinking; why of all the franchises does Nintendo pick this game to pour all their efforts in? Why for example do they not pour such efforts in their huge franchises like Pokemon or Zelda or something like that? Why would they cancel certain games for not appealing to a wider crowd, yet put everything in SBB?

Not complaining though, as I love the series and this game will no doubt be the most amazing yet, just wondered why this game gets the extra treatment. It's been in developement for quite some time now right?

It makes sense for them to pull it back to include online options and other things, but why not do the same for other games that are now just mediocre?

Was there a finished product ready for release anyway? Cause it sounds like the game is getting a huuuuuge update.

I have never used c-sticking the whole time I have played the game (or at least not since the first time I tried it out). To me it isn't very useful because I can pull off a smash attack just as fast manually and you can't charge c-stick smashes. I think charged smashes can come in handy very often.

You may think that, but it's safe to say the C-stick is "fastest." Here's why. When you use the C-stick, you don't charge the smash attack unless you press Z, which is not something you'll do accidentally. When you do it with the control stick however, you charge the smash attack as long as you have your thumb on the A button. Smash runs in 60 fps, so unless you know you can press A for one sixtieth of a second and no more, you are charging your smash attack before releasing it, and thus, pulling off the smash attack slower.

One tends to think that simply pressing A is something done in an instant. Actually, unless you have amazing reflexes, you hold the button down for a few frames during your "press."

I would know- I play Zelda. Zelda has the quickest smash attack in the game: her down smash. It is essential to attacking a close foe quickly, because it comes out faster than her slow jab and her grab is abominably slow. I used to use the manual method, but after painful re-configuring of my brain and instincts for the move, I have found myself much quicker to the draw using the C-stick.

Hey I just read on IGN that Smash Brothers Brawl will not be in playable form at E3 this year. The same article reminded me that this game was supposed to be released with the Wii.

Yeah, uh, the whole idea with launching Smash Brothers with the Wii was that they'd make Melee online compatible and release it without any changes. The change came when Miyamoto asked Sakurai if he wanted to make a new one; he did, and then started development on Brawl. There was no way that Brawl was ever going to be a launch title; Smash Brothers could have been, but it wouldn't have been Brawl.

Actually, you can charge a c-stick smash. When you use the c-stick, hold down Z and you'll charge it.

Now that got me thinking; why of all the franchises does Nintendo pick this game to pour all their efforts in? Why for example do they not pour such efforts in their huge franchises like Pokemon or Zelda or something like that? Why would they cancel certain games for not appealing to a wider crowd, yet put everything in SBB?

Not complaining though, as I love the series and this game will no doubt be the most amazing yet, just wondered why this game gets the extra treatment. It's been in developement for quite some time now right?

It makes sense for them to pull it back to include online options and other things, but why not do the same for other games that are now just mediocre?

Was there a finished product ready for release anyway? Cause it sounds like the game is getting a huuuuuge update.

A lot of resources are going into this game because first and foremost, it sells. Like crazy. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Smash Bros Melee was one of the best selling GCN titles ever. Additionally, the fans for this title are through the roof. So many titles are represented and diehard fans want to play as there favorite character. The combination of IP's sell. This occurred with Link being in Soul Calibre 2. The GCN version sold best, and the reason was that Link was a (OMG!) playable character. Lastly, it fits in Nintendo's 'everybody can play' motto. It's simple enough for a beginner to get into, but deep enough for people to play for years to come. I mean, look... look at what the original Smash Bros turned into. The original came out in what? 98? 99? Now Melee has lasted for 6 freakin' years and still has a huge following that still play. Myself included. This game is huge. Probably one of Nintendo's most popular games they've ever created.

Additionally, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Halo 3 are coming out soon and many analysts predict that if the Wii doesn't have a strong showing this holiday season that the PS3 or Xbox360 can catch up in sales per month. A lot is riding on this game to sustain the current sales that Nintendo has been getting since last November. I mean, store are STILL selling out. I walk into a Gamestop and someone asks for a Wii, and he's like, "well, you'll have to come back later when we get another shipment, we're out." I mean... this is months after launch and there still trying to get enough systems out. Crazy. but... yeah, they want to keep that growth with blockbuster titles, and, again, if nintendo doesn't keep churning out hi-quality titles for this holiday, people may want to play MGS4 or Halo3 or whatever else comes out. Nintendo knows Smash will sell even MORE systems.

That's why.

(waiting for update.)