Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I see it more as a Flat Zone x2-3 with an added hole in the stage every so often.

I like it. It seems to have solved the problem with flat zone; not the concept, having no edges at the end of the screen, but the fact that the level was so small.

I see it more as a Flat Zone x2-3 with an added hole in the stage every so often.

I like it. It seems to have solved the problem with flat zone; not the concept, having no edges at the end of the screen, but the fact that the level was so small.

That was a great level for characters who can whore a powerful throw. :smile:

......God did I hate that level.

I was hoping for a stage like this. Just something big where you can brawl tons and really get into high percentages of damage before knocking someone off screen. And then have something make a hole in it so things get more dangerous.

I really, really think I'll like this stage.

So Zelda wise, they're pretty much going for anything Twillight it seems. So Twillight Ganondorf should be next as playable character?

I fear that levels may become too animated and random and the tourny players will complain.

Nah, I think the makers of the game are really keeping them in mind too. There are sure to be many stages that are perfect for tournament play :)

>_> Then again, there is always something to complain about...

From what I've observed of the levels, I don't think that they will be any more animated than what we had previously. I mean, Flat Zone and Onett were the only levels on Melee without gaping holes to fall into. And a bunch of the stages were scrolling or had some type of enemy chasing you around.

But, I may be wrong and I think that a lot of the hardcore Melee players will be pissed off for a variety of reasons based on the fact that it won't be the same game.

Man another really nice looking stage. The bridge breaking and resurfacing idea is pretty cool. However, I would have to agree that some of the more hardcore tournament players might get upset with the direction these stages are taking. A lot of friends back at school never liked playing at any other stages other than poke stadium, final destination, and Hyrule Temple. I personally love playing at Brinstar and Mutecity and it would piss them of when I picked those places. However, I am also sure there will be more neutral stages to be revealed. Battlefield already looks like a nice neutral stage.

To me, it seems to most closely resemble Poké Floats or perhaps Rainbow Cruise but instead of dynamic platforms on a moving stage you just have a bridge. </dripping sarcasm>

Edit to avoid a double post: I always preferred Fountain of Dreams to Battlefield. Even though the platforms protected you from fewer up-smashes, the music was so much better, and it was oh so pretty ;)

I always found stages that didn't have gaps on the ends irksome. As long as there's a nice Final Destination, though, I think this stage will be plenty fun. Look how long it is, too. From the pic with the orc guy, it looks like he will hit players as he runs by, that's probably why Atma was drawing the comparison with Onett.

Nah, I think the makers of the game are really keeping them in mind too. There are sure to be many stages that are perfect for tournament play :)

>_> Then again, there is always something to complain about...

I think I remember reading somewhere on Smashbros.com that he said if you think your character will play the same as it did on Melee, then think again. I'm sure that's something they'll complain about from the get-go.

I think I remember reading somewhere on Smashbros.com that he said if you think your character will play the same as it did on Melee, then think again. I'm sure that's something they'll complain about from the get-go.

I'm sure as hell I will if I don't get the same precise movements I used to get out of Samus...then I'll test all of the characters I can and find one I like even better in no time then think about feeling stupid about complaining in the first place but then decide not to because I'm just like every other stupid consumer that way. =D

The biggest and the heaviest of fighters, Bowser has a slightly different flavor this time around!

To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around. If you think they’re all going to be the same as they have been, it’ll be rough for you.

Is that what you were talking about?

man, i know this hype thing is supposed to be a bad thing... But, COME ON! how do you find things to complain about so easily. this game is going to be b-e-a-utiful!

We forone, the amount of content in this game is ultimately hurting its "beauty". Look at the bridge. Its the same boring textures we've seen a million times. The characters look great, but the stage are pretty bleh. From far away they look nice, but up close they're mediocre at best. Don't even get me started on the assist trophies. Samurai Goroh looks like an N64 spat him out. I'm just as excited as every one else about SSBB, but it seems that the Wii may be actually pulling the graphics behind the GC to fit all the crap they want in this game. I have yet to hear the fully orchestrated music we were promised at the site's launch last year. The tunes are great arrangements, but the sound quality is terrible compared to SSBM.

[/rant]

man, i know this hype thing is supposed to be a bad thing... But, COME ON! how do you find things to complain about so easily. this game is going to be b-e-a-utiful!

cant know that until you play it

and pretty doesnt mean good