Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I must be one of the few non-tournament/'serious' players that really likes the manic, fighting-the-level-as-much-as-the-other-players moving stages that involve a certain amount of luck. They all look like pretty damn rad stages so far.

I think I remember reading somewhere on Smashbros.com that he said if you think your character will play the same as it did on Melee, then think again. I'm sure that's something they'll complain about from the get-go.
Dumb statement, it's a new game, it's a fighter so it needs to be tweaked, only scrubs will complain about that shit, everyone else will learn to deal with it and still destroy you

We forone, the amount of content in this game is ultimately hurting its "beauty". Look at the bridge. Its the same boring textures we've seen a million times. The characters look great, but the stage are pretty bleh. From far away they look nice, but up close they're mediocre at best. Don't even get me started on the assist trophies. Samurai Goroh looks like an N64 spat him out. I'm just as excited as every one else about SSBB, but it seems that the Wii may be actually pulling the graphics behind the GC to fit all the crap they want in this game. I have yet to hear the fully orchestrated music we were promised at the site's launch last year. The tunes are great arrangements, but the sound quality is terrible compared to SSBM.

[/rant]

Wow, what kind of n64 did you have? That's pretty impressive if the N64 could display something like that.

I don't know what you have against the music. I think they sound great so far, especially the Ocarina of Time Medley.

Just wait until the game is released, and I'm sure you'll be pleased.

But yeah, from time to time me and my friends love playing Hyrule Temple to really beat the crap out of each other.

I must be one of the few non-tournament/'serious' players that really likes the manic, fighting-the-level-as-much-as-the-other-players moving stages that involve a certain amount of luck. They all look like pretty damn rad stages so far.

Nope I love the chaos... But its all about getting a mix of everything.... So When are they going to tell us when they will tell us when the delay date is?

Ha! Indeed =)

i'm hoping for some cubone bone bone

I know this is completely unrelated' date=' but that reminded me of Earthbound for a second.

Do you know whose bones are on display here? The answer is...your bones. My bones. Bone's bones. Bone bone bone.

They should totally have a Moonside stage!!! =O It'd be the third-trippiest thing ever!!!!

"If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno you will won't."

...Also, a Lost Woods stage still seems likely. It ties in with the OOT medley, and the lost woods in TP seemed like the perfect fit for a SSB level (lots of high up places and big holes).

...... I'm just hoping they don't start releasing assist trophies in the daily updates. There's so much better stuff to release, and having as many surprise trophies as possible in-game would be a good thing =)

I'm wondering what they're gonna do for any new F-zero levels. It'd be interesting to fight at the same angle (relative to the track) as the Mute City stage, but instead you're standing on the cars.

They kinda watered down the koopa kids recently to make 'Baby Bowser' I think, so that'd probably be it. Him, or that female magikoopa.

Yeah I know. But hey they did get mentioned in his Melee trophy and SSB is all about nostalgia. I mean, they have Pit in there as a playable so I think anything is possible.

I'm coming a bit late into this but on Final Smashes, the one that racks my brain the most is Snake's. Its kind of a tough one to think about. Someone I know suggested that maybe just like in MGS, Grey Fox could come out of nowhere to back him up (complete with the bloom-filled cinematic moment where he's jumping in from the air towards Snake.) as a second character for a limited time. Different from Assist trophy's in that Fox can do a lot more than just one action and he stays on longer, helping to attack whoever Snake (who's still fully playable) attacks with slices, high jumps, lasers and all that good stuff.

Yeah I know. But hey they did get mentioned in his Melee trophy and SSB is all about nostalgia. I mean, they have Pit in there as a playable so I think anything is possible.

I'm coming a bit late into this but on Final Smashes, the one that racks my brain the most is Snake's. Its kind of a tough one to think about. Someone I know suggested that maybe just like in MGS, Grey Fox could come out of nowhere to back him up (complete with the bloom-filled cinematic moment where he's jumping in from the air towards Snake.) as a second character for a limited time. Different from Assist trophy's in that Fox can do a lot more than just one action and he stays on longer, helping to attack whoever Snake (who's still fully playable) attacks with slices, high jumps, lasers and all that good stuff.

Snake, eh? Would not be surprised if gray fox shows... but I also wouldn't be surprised if a slightly smaller Metal Gear Rex shows up either (maybe a little larger than Giga Bowser) and blows the living hell out of everyone on screen with missiles, lasers, and ...... monkeys.

I wanna see Snake's alternate costumes. Here's hoping for Liquid, Old Snake, and MGS1 snake as alternate costumes. :)

This little theory of mine fails when you see that they haven't mentioned anyone that could replace the Ice Climbers. Anyone got any ideas of what could fit that build? I can't think of any really good ones...which saddens me because I loved that concept.

This is a quote from a page way back but I'm just really catching up on everything. Anyway, Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong come immediately to mind.

Possibly just summons a Metal Gear. Wouldn't really be like Snake, though.

It should be what I said much, much earlier in the thread:

Metal Gear Rex falls onto the stage. Grey Fox leaps onto it, slicing parts off (which fly wildly and can damage opponents). The MG-Rex eventually swats Grey Fox and Snake pulls out his Stinger. Grey Fox declares "FIRE THE STINGER!" and you push A to blow up the Gear.

I'd love it.

I know it'll never happen, but I want Gray Fox as a playable character for the sole reason of having an event match where you play as Snake vs. Fox with only A button attacks and proximity mines scattered about everywhere.

But really, having Fox come to assist Snake for his FS isn't a bad idea at all. That or a Metal Gear coming are probably the two most likely I can think of.

I thought Diddy and Dixie were Rare-owned characters. It would explain their absence in the earlier games...

They're also in Donkey Konga, the new DK Jet game and they've had their games ported over to GBA. Plus, their trophies showed up in Melee. I'm sure they can work it out :)