Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I'm more curious about the mini games we'll get in between fights.

Break the targets is simply classic, so there's a big chance we'll see that back.

Reach the finish (pathetic that I played this game just yesterday and not know what they really call it...Race to the finish? :)) has also been there in both Smash games but in Melee it was updated.

Not sure they'll have the trophy collecting thing again, so that bonus game isn't garantueed to be in there...

I'm hoping they'll keep at least break the targets and also include many mini game modes like Melee had.

I rather liked all that and also the collectign of trophies and getting all the silly bonuses (in fights).

On one hand I want Brawl to be a really new game (which it is of course and looking very awesome already), but I also like those classic things that made Melee very awesome.

Off course I'll settle for equally awesome, completely new things.

My guess is though that they'll update the site up to the point that they've covered everything we've seen so far in the trailers and a handful of new stuff, but we won't find out the rest untill we actually play the game.

I wouldn't really want to know EVERYTHING before it comes out.

As for a Metroid stage: if they're using Samus' Metroid Zero Mission design, it is likely that we will get stages from said game. Though to me not as epic as say, Prime one or Super Metroid, Zelda seems to be getting the same treatment.

The place where you fight Ridley in Prime 1 would make a lot of sense, but there's not much you can do with a round platform besides giving it the usual 2, 3 extra platforms in the air.

The waiting continues :)

EDIT: Btw, I must say that this team who's working on the Smash Brothers franchise is one of the few teams I have immense faith in. I get the feeling they won't let me down on this game and we really only had two games in the series yet.

Same can be said about Retro, who are doing an ace job on Metroid so far.

I thought Diddy and Dixie were Rare-owned characters. It would explain their absence in the earlier games...

Nintendo made sure all the Donkey Kong related characters (including all of the Diddy Kong Racing lineup except Conker and Banjo) were in their trademark camp before they let go of Rare. Including any of them in Brawl wouldn't be an issue.

I would really like the Step on the Platforms game from the N64 Smash to make a comeback.

And I'd love for Dark Samus from MP2 to be an Assist Trophy. I think I'd be really cool.Or maybe even the 2nd form of Mother Brain from Super Metroid, they might even throw Kraid in there, although he's to big, I'm sure they can make it work :)

Board the Platforms would be nice.

Some other features from N64 smash I'd like to see are animations when you select a character (like the "woo woo" for luigi), custom animations at the start of a battle (like C. Falcon getting out of his car), those personal touches were missing from melee.

Old, but I never saw it posted here:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290

Sakurai announced Bowser Jr., the "Celda" version of Link, and Ridely, the archenemies of Samus, would all be joining the cast of characters for the Wii release.

We've also, unfortunately, learned of three current characters that will not be returning: The Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and Young Link have no home in SSBB. We don't know who exactly will take their place just yet, but Sakurai stated he wants a roster 40 deep, with 1-2 more non-Nintendo characters.

Can we really trust the French?

Nintendo made sure all the Donkey Kong related characters (including all of the Diddy Kong Racing lineup except Conker and Banjo) were in their trademark camp before they let go of Rare. Including any of them in Brawl wouldn't be an issue.

Almost; any character that isn't a Kong or a Kremling in DKR (ie. everyone except Diddy and Krunch) is owned by Rare. Seventh letter down.

Some other features from N64 smash I'd like to see are animations when you select a character (like the "woo woo" for luigi), custom animations at the start of a battle (like C. Falcon getting out of his car), those personal touches were missing from melee.

This is exactly what I wanted back.

I thank you for saving me the time to type this.

Spot on.

+5 awesome points.

I know he's a fan favorite many want in, but I still have trouble seeing Ridley as a playable character in this. As an assist trophy sure, anything's possible there but as a playable it just seems kind of hard to imagine. Not saying I hate him or anything like that, I don't. And if he were in there I wouldn't complain either but I just have trouble seeing him work as a playable.

I hope that would come back too

And so conversation is going in circles again *sigh* Darn weekends :P

and Items don't unbalance the game! jk lol.

anyways... yeah the weekends make smashbros.com followers go crazy.

i'm hoping for an awesome intro vid for one of these updates, like what they did with melee.

I know he's a fan favorite many want in, but I still have trouble seeing Ridley as a playable character in this. As an assist trophy sure, anything's possible there but as a playable it just seems kind of hard to imagine.

It's not that hard to see. A few of the characters are actually scaled up or down from their canonical sizes to be fitted into the playable character mold (i.e Bowser, all of the Pokes but Mewtwo, Kirby, MetaKnight), so it'd be pretty plausible to just rescale him to around Bowser's size.

I just want a release date. I don't want any info on unlockable characters or stuff like that. I want it to be a surprise to me, lol.

Ya know what would really surprise me? If they'd say at the end of the whole show: "oh and btw, you can pick up Smash Bros. Brawl in stores tomorrow..."

0_0; It'll never happen, but I want someone to pull a stunt like that at least once in my lifetime.