Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

meh update for me. Maybe more important for tournament players.
Maybe

I take it that you can just hold down A and Metaknight will have his sword constantly slashing, WHICH WOULD BE REALLY REALLY GAY if you could do it all the time while moving or jumping, but that probably won't happen

It also means that there probably won't be a way to cancel C.Falcon's rapid punch

Oh well

Maybe

I take it that you can just hold down A and Metaknight will have his sword constantly slashing, WHICH WOULD BE REALLY REALLY GAY if you could do it all the time while moving or jumping, but that probably won't happen

It also means that there probably won't be a way to cancel C.Falcon's rapid punch

Oh well

yeah i think holding a and constantly attacking is quite stupid

I wonder how well will they implement the online mode on this game, cuz so far I haven't seen any Nintendo game that excels online. I truly hope that this game will be different and better than any other so far.

I wonder how well will they implement the online mode on this game, cuz so far I haven't seen any Nintendo game that excels online. I truly hope that this game will be different and better than any other so far.

Since when has online been confirmed?

Online has never been officially announced, but it's generally been accepted that Brawl would have an online mode. Am I right?

Guess so, but It would totally suck if they cut that out of the final release.

When Smash Bros. Brawl was first announced, back when they said it was going to be a launch title, they said it was going to have online. That was official straight out of Nintendo's mouth. Additionally, it was also officially stated that the online mode would be different from what we're used to because of how quick of a game Smash Bros is. All of that is official and were all quoted from developers, IE Nintendo. I don't have the articles handy, but I checked it all at the time of the news release, and it was accepted by everyone as true. You can go back and do some digging through google and get the facts, or even this thread. It's all officially true.

Not like that WW link, ice climbers are gone, crappy nonsensical rumors.

So yeah, online mode won't be the traditional smash bros we all know and love. Whatever that means is up to the devs.

I'm willing to bet it will be some sort of minigame experience, or leader boards that report your offline progress to everyone. Something cool would be being able to create something (level, skin, what have you) and share it with other people, or just download bonus content straight from Nintendo. *Shrugs* Seriously, it'll probably be like a race to the finish where you can't attack. No lie! lol.

But who knows really... Nintendo is weak when it comes to online experiences (except for the Virtual Console)... so, I'm not really holding my breath for any of the online gameplay in Smash Bros. Yes I would love to see a fully robust online mode of play, but Nintendo has never really grasped the whole online gaming thing.

I mean, yeah, I've played Mario Kart DS online, but ... hell, come on, there were more features to play with people you know back in 1994 when we were playing Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 and other ancient games... hell I'd wager cash that any terrible PC game with a multiplayer aspect is probably better than anything Nintendo has come up with yet. And it saddens me to say that because I like Nintendo.

I know from experience that fighting games, well, specifically Dead or Alive, was ridiculously difficult to play because of the lag, so... yeah.

But who knows really... Nintendo is weak when it comes to online experiences (except for the Virtual Console)... so, I'm not really holding my breath for any of the online gameplay in Smash Bros. Yes I would love to see a fully robust online mode of play, but Nintendo has never really grasped the whole online gaming thing.

Well, in Nintendo's defense, even though I didn't care too much for the game itself because of wicked crab handage, Metroid Prime Hunters had a pretty robust online interface going on. But yeah, the other WiFi enabled Nintendo games I've played haven't really had the best online.

But lag or no, they'd definitely lose some sales if they were to exclude online play. Everyone I know aside from myself and a handful of real life friends are buying the game for the sole purpose of online play. And even if there is lag, I don't play the game for tournament stuff anyways; for me Smash Bros. is first and foremost an ode to Nintendo and a wetdream for Nintendo fans, then a party game, and then a serious tournament game. I know most of the people on these boards are hardcore gamers and whatnot, but Smash Bros. is a game that appeals to all kinds of gamers, including the ones that don't mind a pinch of lag in their online soup. So yeah, definitely beneficial to have some kind of online stuff in this, especially if Nintendo plans on not being bombed by some crazy fan if they decided to not include it.

Well, in Nintendo's defense, even though I didn't care too much for the game itself because of wicked crab handage, Metroid Prime Hunters had a pretty robust online interface going on. But yeah, the other WiFi enabled Nintendo games I've played haven't really had the best online.

But lag or no, they'd definitely lose some sales if they were to exclude online play. Everyone I know aside from myself and a handful of real life friends are buying the game for the sole purpose of online play. And even if there is lag, I don't play the game for tournament stuff anyways; for me Smash Bros. is first and foremost an ode to Nintendo and a wetdream for Nintendo fans, then a party game, and then a serious tournament game. I know most of the people on these boards are hardcore gamers and whatnot, but Smash Bros. is a game that appeals to all kinds of gamers, including the ones that don't mind a pinch of lag in their online soup. So yeah, definitely beneficial to have some kind of online stuff in this, especially if Nintendo plans on not being bombed by some crazy fan if they decided to not include it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. As much as I love fighting for the competitive play, the game remains to me at its core as an incredibly fun giant Nintendo-themed pillow fight, letting players duke it out as their fav chars... of course as much as I'd love [exceptional] online play, I won't crucify myself or Nintendo if it doesn't. Hell I'm just thrilled they decided to do another iteration of Smash Bros altogether.

When Smash Bros. Brawl was first announced, back when they said it was going to be a launch title, they said it was going to have online. That was official straight out of Nintendo's mouth. Additionally, it was also officially stated that the online mode would be different from what we're used to because of how quick of a game Smash Bros is. All of that is official and were all quoted from developers, IE Nintendo. I don't have the articles handy, but I checked it all at the time of the news release, and it was accepted by everyone as true. You can go back and do some digging through google and get the facts, or even this thread. It's all officially true.

Not like that WW link, ice climbers are gone, crappy nonsensical rumors.

So yeah, online mode won't be the traditional smash bros we all know and love. Whatever that means is up to the devs.

I'm willing to bet it will be some sort of minigame experience, or leader boards that report your offline progress to everyone. Something cool would be being able to create something (level, skin, what have you) and share it with other people, or just download bonus content straight from Nintendo. *Shrugs* Seriously, it'll probably be like a race to the finish where you can't attack. No lie! lol.

I mean, yeah, I've played Mario Kart DS online, but ... hell, come on, there were more features to play with people you know back in 1994 when we were playing Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 and other ancient games... hell I'd wager cash that any terrible PC game with a multiplayer aspect is probably better than anything Nintendo has come up with yet. And it saddens me to say that because I like Nintendo.

I know from experience that fighting games, well, specifically Dead or Alive, was ridiculously difficult to play because of the lag, so... yeah.

X-band for the SNES had a far more robust online experience than anything Nintendo has done since. And i realize Nintendo didn't exactly make the X-band device or service. But that makes me sad.

X-band for the SNES had a far more robust online experience than anything Nintendo has done since. And i realize Nintendo didn't exactly make the X-band device or service. But that makes me sad.

Wow, that thing is amazing. Years ahead of its time. That kind of reminds me of something that Triforce was telling me a long time ago.

That nothing is new. It's all been done before.

lol!! simcity. Zomg!! In Assist trophies?!

Wow, didn't expect a game like that to show up. That wasn't a 1st or 2nd party game right? That was... Maxis right?

And if that's true, does that mean we'll see other 3rd party characters as assist trophies. I thought all of those were going to be exclusively Nintendo franchise characters. Guess I was wrong. That's exciting. So that is why this update rocks, possible other 3rd party assist trophies... and well, bringing back something from my childhood. I guess perhaps its games published by Nintendo.

"You mean THAT Dr. Wright?"

And I know it was said earlier, but there will be serious injustice if Phoenix Wright isn't in this game somehow!

Anyway, yeah, I'm digging the buildings. I used to love playing SimCity, and creating a giant city then just wasting it. hehe. ^_^