Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

We have known about the bumper for eight years.

This news is as old as could possibly be.

I would DEFINATELY prefer to learn something NEW instead of about some old stupid item nobody cares about.

Not to mention' date=' this information isn't exciting. It doesn't impact gameplay in any very significant way. It's not interesting at all, it's just tiny inconsequential info. Another minor, lame update of no importance.

Sakurai, you have failed hard tonight.

"den y do u keep checkin 4 updaits lol"

On the 1/10000000000 chance it will actually be something relevant.[/quote']

roffle. roffle. roffle.

I'd say he's "failed" just about equally with most of the other nights. I mean seriously, its not often that we get really truly groundbreaking, or earthshaking updates, but its nice to get new info every night rather than get droughts for months at a time. . . . . . . . . . .

for reals.

Ouch. Here's some aloe vera for that nasty burn. *hands anne some creme* ;)

Really, though... eight years old? I fail to see the accuracy of that statement. I, for one, have not known for eight years that Brawl would contain that particular item.

Oh, you mean we knew about the ITEM for eight years. Right. Still, I don't see how that's pointless information, especially how the bumper, in my opinion, is way better than the spinny Melee bumper-thing. Or, at least, more useful. And controllable.

--Jack Kieser

Ouch. Here's some aloe vera for that nasty burn. *hands anne some creme* ;)

Really, though... eight years old? I fail to see the accuracy of that statement. I, for one, have not known for eight years that Brawl would contain that particular item.

Oh, you mean we knew about the ITEM for eight years. Right. Still, I don't see how that's pointless information, especially how the bumper, in my opinion, is way better than the spinny Melee bumper-thing. Or, at least, more useful. And controllable.

--Jack Kieser

Indeed...

And WTF is wrong with you Anne M. If you hate all these updates so much then, why don't you just check it once a week? So you can only appreciate the good ones.

I'm insulted by this update

Bumper is way to kiddy

Seriously though. Nice update. These are the kind of things i want to know about. Eldin bridge made my do my little happy dance (big zelda fanboy at heart), but ultimately, I would've rather gone nuts about it when i saw it pop up on my tv screen, controller in hand, and my celebrating smashfriends around me. Same with final smashes.

The update that got me excited was the one sakurai warned everyone would have a different flavour.

I wonder if this also extents to gameplay, a new (rumoured?) physics engine would help.

Who would like Brawl to play more like Smashbros 64? I like both styles, but curious what the popular opinion is

Great GoogelyMoogely! a random item from the N64 Smash Bros!!!

Old = AWESOME.

in all realness (cause i keep it real, homes) i liked the bumber way better than that weird little spinning thing in Melee.

too some, this is a pointless update, but to others its like finding an old pair of shoes: you can't help but to want to try them on again just for the hell of it.

So apparently it pretty much functions just like the Spinner thing ... since it can stop in the air now ... and like the old bumper since you can throw it on the ground...

So since the new bumper is just the old bumper plus the spinner combined, I wonder if they'll even include the spinner in the final game, instead of both the new bumper and the spinner... which would really be redundant, since the new bumper does both jobs. I mean... it would be redundant. Redundant.

Redundant?

New Spinner = Old Bumper + Spinner

Redundant.

--Jack Kieser

Keep it up! :)!!

On a completely unrelated note.... Bumpers kick ass.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to get rid of bumpers and introduce flippers was a fool. I'm glad they've changed it back. Bumpers are an item worth taking seriously. (unlike gay flippers) ESPECIALLY now that they can be suspended. (in item form) Woot woot.

I liked the n64 bumper way more than the melee spinner.

Compared to gooey bombs, cracka launchers, and Groudon pokeballs, it's not too powerful an item.

I wonder how many items we'll see before release? Speaking of which ... WHEN IS THE RELEASE?

--Drack

I liked the n64 bumper way more than the melee spinner.

Compared to gooey bombs, cracka launchers, and Groudon pokeballs, it's not too powerful an item.

I wonder how many items we'll see before release? Speaking of which ... WHEN IS THE RELEASE?

--Drack

Well, not every item needs to be powerful. Again, it's all about balance.

Anyway; this calls for 4 player, small stage, bumper only, item appearance ratio very high :)

*Scottish accent:* it'll be pinball hell 0_0;