Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I know there are still daily updates but this is still a bit disappointing.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/804/804234p1.html

Well they said they're going to set aside a special time for Brawl, so I suppose they want to focus all their attention on a specific day that the game can be spotlighted by itself instead of at E3 where it's 1 of many high profile titles on display.

Well, I agree with Nintendo on this one. Why do you want to show your entire hand at once? You already have your consumer's attention with showing them a little bit of information each and every day. You have them hooked, they'll keep coming back for more and more information. So why do you want to show them more than you have to? Milk it out. Keep it going until the day you release the game in order to ensure that nobody has the slightest chance of forgetting about the biggest thing that has happened to gaming. Ever. (That last part was in the eyes of Nintendo, not myself.)

Well now that I know a release date I will no longer be checking the smashbros website since that is all the info I needed to know. I want the game to take me completely by surprise when I first play it. I don't want to know what items are already there and characters. That'll just ruin it for me. Well until December 3rd!

There also needs to be a giant explosion caused by Lanky Kong, completely obliterating himself, the DK Rap, and every other terrible idea that came from DK64, happening sometime before December 3rd.

Hey. Hey.

No knocking Lanky. That's going too far.

Wow, an interesting bit of trivia for anyone... interested.

According to Wiki (which, as you know, knows all):

"DK Rap" was the first-ever incidence of the word "hell" being spoken aloud in a Nintendo game. It ought to be pointed out that Rare is a British company, and in Britain the word "hell" is not viewed with anything like the opprobrium it is in the US. In order to avoid future controversy, when the Rap was used in later games, "hell" was replaced with "heck".

Also worth noting:

The line "His coconut gun can fire in spurts. If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt!" was named the fourth worst game line ever in the January 2002 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly.

Wow, no love for the Rap.

--Jack Kieser

Wow, an interesting bit of trivia for anyone... interested.

According to Wiki (which, as you know, knows all):

"DK Rap" was the first-ever incidence of the word "hell" being spoken aloud in a Nintendo game. It ought to be pointed out that Rare is a British company, and in Britain the word "hell" is not viewed with anything like the opprobrium it is in the US. In order to avoid future controversy, when the Rap was used in later games, "hell" was replaced with "heck".

Also worth noting:

The line "His coconut gun can fire in spurts. If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt!" was named the fourth worst game line ever in the January 2002 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly.

Wow, no love for the Rap.

--Jack Kieser

I liked the 64 DK rap, the one playing in SSBM sucks.

Several years ago, the kids section of the Chicago Tribune did a story writing contest. I wrote some godawful thing about Atlantis (which, at the time, I thought was the epitome of everything written ever). I lost, but was appalled to see that the winner plagiarized a large portion of the DK rap. I was furious, and wrote up a big letter to send in, pointing out this copier's dastardly deed. I never sent it though D:

I liked the 64 DK rap, the one playing in SSBM sucks.

Several years ago, the kids section of the Chicago Tribune did a story writing contest. I wrote some godawful thing about Atlantis (which, at the time, I thought was the epitome of everything written ever). I lost, but was appalled to see that the winner plagiarized a large portion of the DK rap. I was furious, and wrote up a big letter to send in, pointing out this copier's dastardly deed. I never sent it though D:

Man, why not? That's a travesty (the plagiarizing, that is)... I wouldn't let that guy get away with taking stuff like that.

Besides... if DK ever found out, that guy would be dead. It would have only been right to give him fair warning. Watch, one day, he'll answer the door and find a 600 lb. fake gorrila waiting to jump his ass.

--Jack Kieser

Edited for non-double posting:

Man, I went back and watched the 15 second movie they gave us... Volt Tackle has some serious knockback... and damn, Fox DOES go really high. I really don't remember him flying that high with his UpB in Melee...

Now, with even more triple-post editing power!:

JESUS! That stage looks like fun. I can't wait to have K.K. Slider play during a fight!