Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

The symbol to the left of the title of the post is not the smash symbol, but a leaf. Perhaps this means that there is indeed a playable AC character in the game? (Seeing as both stages and assist trophies so far that are associated with playable characters use such symbols instead of the smash one)

one thing i noticed with the donkey kong/animal crossing updates were the lighting and shadows.

in the previous maps and character updates the lighting effects didn't really grab my attention. maybe its just me but i'm only now noticing them.

assist trophies don't produce any shadows and all the playable characters do. so if theres any confusion just look for a shadow.

That was my favorite stage as well, but it wasn't really flat, at least not like these. These are all pretty much the same, a small platform, with one centered floating platform or two floating platforms on the side. BORING.

I agree, hopefully they're just saving up the really fun stages as surprises.

I agree, hopefully they're just saving up the really fun stages as surprises.

Yeah. So far all we're seeing are flat platform stages. Even the Animal Crossing level doesn't take place on the ground. It takes place on a floating platform. Floating in the sky. Oh well.

The symbol to the left of the title of the post is not the smash symbol, but a leaf. Perhaps this means that there is indeed a playable AC character in the game? (Seeing as both stages and assist trophies so far that are associated with playable characters use such symbols instead of the smash one)

I think the symbol each level gets has more to do with the level itself, and if there's a playable character that matches the level, it has that same symbol as well.

I think Miis will replace the wiremen/fighting polygon team.

That would be pretty awesome, have some pre-rendered Miis and ones on your remote/Wii. Though I admit I laugh at the prospect of playing against my friend's Miis..... namely Hitler.

I don't have a Jesus, Nice guy, nor a Hitler Mii... >: #[

Miis would be great in the game, as long as their heads are big enough for you to see their faces. I made Mario and Luigi Miis, so Mario fighting against his Mii counterpart would be kind of bizzare.

"Take THAT Mii Mario! So long, hatless Wario! Bust THIS, Adam and Jamie! See you in hell, me!"

...No, I don't actually yell out insults at the fighting polygons ;-)

Here's something to think about: the Samurai Goroh assist trophy update has a Captain Falcon symbol. The Sim City guy update has the smash symbol. So, it's likely the symbol either means there's a character from that series, or there's a character OR stage from the series. My money's on the latter.

And I'd have to agree, this stage seems to be the most unoriginal yet (it's like Yoshi's stage, but without the things that make the Yoshi stage interesting). It's like there's 10 identical stages - each more identical than the last!

Anyone think it'll automatically download a new "live performance" for that stage every week? That'd be something.... something that's kinda dumb, but a thing nonetheless.

That'd be the best thing ever if there was an Earthbound "Runaway Five" Stage stage where the performers attempt to sing and play while you're killing each other on stage. And you could kick the performers into your opponents, whilst the music dynamically changes based on which singers/musicians are getting "knocked for a loop". If they can pull off a beautiful Starfox space battle, they could definitely make that concept happen =]

Any guesses for a Wario stage? I'm guessing it'll be one of the places where you do Wario minigames (the place it shows in between each minigame).... either that or, y'know, a flat platform floating above Diamond City :roll: But then random crap would happen every ten seconds. What's this, the ship from space invaders shooting up through the floor? Look out, all the players are shooting bananas out of their noses! Giant noses fall from the sky, causing mass devastation! You smash your opponent off the left side of the stage - he's eaten by a gigantic cat! ....or a stage where the games' speed gets progressively faster and faster =O

I think the AC stage is by far the most awesome stage I've seen yet, even if it is a clone of Yoshi's stage. They should make Castle Town in TP a playable stage, that fountain is the main platform and you can hit the people that run around and crap, but that's just me..

So...

Let's say we get 1 new character reveal a week.

As of this post there is 17 weeks to Dec 3. (3 weeks taken off for the 3 veiled confirmed characters)

So 17 more characters, plus the 13 already confirmed.

30 characters plus secret characters.

I'm guessing 35, give or take a few.