Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Your reasoning behind this is...? Not saying "You're wrong!!", I'm just curious.

I'm moderately wondering about this myself. I mean, with Melee, we didn't find out the full roster until a month after the game's release. I doubt Sakurai will post the entire roster before release. Maybe half.

I think every single person who owns a Wii has a Hitler Mii. Seriously.

Hahaha, I didn't know that. But I certainly have one. :grin:

It was the first one I made. As soon as I saw you could shrink the mustache, I abandoned the one I was making in favor of Hitler. And renamed him "Hail" as soon as I saw that the name came up in a speech bubble on the Mii menu. heh...

In any case, dunno if anyone else noticed... but it looks as though thats another new map design. One platform that appears to translate left and right. At least that's what it looks like from the different pictures they gave. Maybe dependent on the time of day?

So...

Let's say we get 1 new character reveal a week.

As of this post there is 17 weeks to Dec 3. (3 weeks taken off for the 3 veiled confirmed characters)

So 17 more characters, plus the 13 already confirmed.

30 characters plus secret characters.

I'm guessing 35, give or take a few.

I dont think they will give us only 5 secret characters, I'm thinking at least 10.

In any case, dunno if anyone else noticed... but it looks as though thats another new map design. One platform that appears to translate left and right. At least that's what it looks like from the different pictures they gave. Maybe dependent on the time of day?

Hm... I didn't notice that before, but you're right. It does look like the platform is in different positions for each screenshot, and even entirely out of the picture for a couple of them. Whether the platform simply moves back and forth regularly or changes very slightly with each minute of the day is pure speculation, but unless the screenshots are extremely misleading then the platform definitely is not stationary.

Does anyone really want 30+ characters? I'd much rather a smaller, more well balanced roster that does without some characters from Melee than just adding a bunch more on top. Melee had tons of characters, anything more than that seems like overkill to me. Would anyone truly miss Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Young Link, Mr. Game and Watch, and Roy? I'm talking the characters themselves, not their playstyles. If any characters are removed / replaced, I'm sure there will be some other character that has a similar style in place.

Does anyone really want 30+ characters? I'd much rather a smaller, more well balanced roster that does without some characters from Melee than just adding a bunch more on top. Melee had tons of characters, anything more than that seems like overkill to me. Would anyone truly miss Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Young Link, Mr. Game and Watch, and Roy? I'm talking the characters themselves, not their playstyles. If any characters are removed / replaced, I'm sure there will be some other character that has a similar style in place.

If the characters are well balanced, no harm will come from having more of them. Sure I'd rather have more balanced characters, but if they do just as good a job, with even more of them, then sweet.

Mewtwo, Pichu, Game & Watch and Iceclimbers are all unique ideas for characters. Pichu being limited with his own damage. Gameand watch being 2-D. Mewtwo.... k well really, I just like how he holds items with him mind. That looks REALLY freaking cool. And I WOULD definitely miss that. lol

Anyway, the only ones I'd REALLY miss losing are the IC. The idea of varying your play style depending on whether you have one or two, and the ability to combo + double team all by yourself. Very cool concept that might be lost If they're removed.

Like you said, I wouldn't necessary miss any of them for their characters, but the I don't know who they could replace the IC with... and even If they did, they'd just be criticized for new character being a "clone" of the old IC.

I'll take whatever they give me. Masahiro Sakurai could package the game within his own excrements and I would buy it and kiss it.

Haha, you have no idea.

I would miss Mewtwo, he was fun to play as, and well it's Mewtwo, the pokemon fan in me feels that he was a pretty nifty addition.

Game and Watch would be missed too, he's so crazy and fun to play with just for giggles.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they were removed, but yeah I would miss the characters, both the way they play and the characters themselves.

The only character I could see leaving and feel no emotion for is Young Link.

The only character I could see joining and feel true happiness is for Zant from TP... or at least the mailman, his Final Smash can be PAPER CUT!!!

k1234512.jpg

Is it just me or does the new control scheme sound like a dumbing down of the original controls? Now you don't have to press buttons anymore. Just hold them. eh..

One instance doesn't actually qualify as a dumbing-down, methinks. Not that there's terribly much to Smash controls in the first place...

Is it just me or does the new control scheme sound like a dumbing down of the original controls? Now you don't have to press buttons anymore. Just hold them. eh..

One instance doesn't actually qualify as a dumbing-down, methinks. Not that there's terribly much to Smash controls in the first place...

And it's not that holding down the button will do anything special. In the example, it says hold to do continuous jabs, press repeatedly to initiate a combo. So they didn't get rid of the "Press the button a bunch of times to do rapid attacks," but they diversified it a little.

And it's not that holding down the button will do anything special. In the example, it says hold to do continuous jabs, press repeatedly to initiate a combo. So they didn't get rid of the "Press the button a bunch of times to do rapid attacks," but they diversified it a little.

The thing is, it was much more of a concerted effort to pull off moves even if they were pretty simple 'press buttons again and again' types. It helped add the fanaticism to the action a bit, button mashing in panic and whatnot.

Now people will just sit there and hold buttons.. I bet pro players will opt for button presses for speed or optimal accuracy or any of that 'pro level' BS.