Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I thought a couple of the Melee songs were played by a live orchestra, or maybe they were just done really really well in a synthesizer, because some of the songs played at the live thing sound about the same in the game (only a bit slower). Why would they give credit to an orchestra in the end credits of the game if they hadn't used it some?

I dunno I guess maybe they were all just electronic...

for the love of god nintendo why do you keep pissing me off with starfox music

the only starfox song ive wanted since the original smash bros was the ORIGINAL corneria theme

this new one is ok at best

Woah. Seconded.

All the starfox songs in Smash Bros. have been, in my opinion, total crap compared to the original songs (especially compared to the SNES Corneria theme). Practically every remix that I hear of Starfox music (e.g. on this site or others like vgmix) is amazing compared to the stuff they put in Smash Bros. I don't get how they haven't been able to turn the amazing source material into something that's slightly beyond mediocre. I'm bunching this new song (or at least the first 48 seconds of it) in with the past disappointing Smash Bros. work...

And yes, let's hope the stuff on the site is just "midi" quality compared to the stuff that'll actually be in the game...

Though, sequenced midi-type music has its place. I was surprised to learn that the impressive Metroid Prime 1 soundtrack was all sequenced.... though I'm not sure if I actually believe that's true =P

Those "main theme" song(s) in the second trailer (and in the 15 second "trailer") - I REALLY hope it's in the game. It'll probably be in one of those single-player-type levels (the Brawl equivalent of "Final Destination" or the one you fight the wireframes on).

C-Island Stage? Ohhh yeeeah! Hell, I'd even take a platform that floats high above C-Island. A more fitting stage might be fighting on top of the Sub-C though. With dolphins! =D

Now HERE's a stage:

5.jpg

Possibly the greatest first boss on the NES ever. Even its death animation rivals the bosses of today's games.

[Edit]

Woah, wouldn't it be insane if Brawl had water that didn't instantly kill you (or that does something beyond obscuring your view with a splash)? They could have water that makes you float up slowly when you're in it - basically it's safe to go in, but it makes you vulnerable (perhaps you're unable to attack or dodge). And if someone hits you down into water hard enough, you'll hit the "bottom" and get KO'd. All the water in Melee I thought was pretty dumb, it pretty much ruined those stages...

Does anyone else feel like they're getting hoodwinked with the music updates? I mean, as nice as it is to appreciate the music apart from the game, I'd rather do so after experiencing the music within the game, not in small samples months before the game's release. More real updates, Sakurai, for God's sake.

(He's waiting on the game just as much as the rest of us... :???:)

Woah, wouldn't it be insane if Brawl had water that didn't instantly kill you (or that does something beyond obscuring your view with a splash)? They could have water that makes you float up slowly when you're in it - basically it's safe to go in, but it makes you vulnerable (perhaps you're unable to attack or dodge). And if someone hits you down into water hard enough, you'll hit the "bottom" and get KO'd. All the water in Melee I thought was pretty dumb, it pretty much ruined those stages...

Not really, Jungle Japes can completely destroy you if your opponent knows what he's doing and plays Falco or Fox. Not only can you very quickly use the illusion attacks to quickly get across the stage, but you can fall in the water and firefox, so by the time you get out you're on the other side of the stage

It's a good trick and very useful in certain situations

Not really, Jungle Japes can completely destroy you if your opponent knows what he's doing and plays Falco or Fox. Not only can you very quickly use the illusion attacks to quickly get across the stage, but you can fall in the water and firefox, so by the time you get out you're on the other side of the stage

It's a good trick and very useful in certain situations

That's why I love Sheik on that level. One needle and poof, you're screwed.

Does anyone else feel like they're getting hoodwinked with the music updates? I mean, as nice as it is to appreciate the music apart from the game, I'd rather do so after experiencing the music within the game, not in small samples months before the game's release. More real updates, Sakurai, for God's sake.

I agree. I couldnt really picture a fight going on with the Zelda theme untill the last few seconds. More like a trailer theme. Having that list of composers is really great but just based on the music I think nintendo is over doing it too much.

How many months until the game comes out? Sakurai has to stall for all he's worth, since he's got about one-hundred fifty updates between now and the release (when you take out weekends).

I'm loving the new (old) Star Fox tune!! I'm also getting annoied with some of you whining about *no live*. In all honestly not all the music in SSBM was live either, a lot was but not all. I'll give you a couple to think about, Brinstar depths, fight with the Metal bros., eathbound. This is just off the top of my head. I know there is more. But my point is, just because Sakurai hasn't played any piece's that are live does not mean none of it will be.

for the love of god nintendo why do you keep pissing me off with starfox music

the only starfox song ive wanted since the original smash bros was the ORIGINAL corneria theme

this new one is ok at best

Agreed, since that's the only song I know and remember from starfox.

Because it wasn't a god damn medley it was JUST Venom's theme. So play the fucking game and see.

Are you talking about the Corneria stage? If you are you really need to go relook things over. I just listened through the soundtracks to confirm. Corneria clearly has SNES star fox music INCLUDING the Main Menu theme from the original.

I'm loving the new (old) Star Fox tune!! I'm also getting annoied with some of you whining about *no live*. In all honestly not all the music in SSBM was live either, a lot was but not all. I'll give you a couple to think about, Brinstar depths, fight with the Metal bros., eathbound. This is just off the top of my head. I know there is more. But my point is, just because Sakurai hasn't played any piece's that are live does not mean none of it will be.

Not so much *no live* than it is a lack of depth. The tunes are good, no doubt, but they lack that feel that makes me want to listen to them again and again. They sound artificial at some points, particularly the intro to Starfox (which picks up well) and the late-midpoint of the Zelda medley (though the ending is nicer). It's not something I can express more tangibly than a lack of depth or feel.

I dunno, just my two cents. Live performances generally have that feel, I guess because there is such a sheer number of instruments compiling.

Edit: I will admit though, that Ridley Remix has potential, even if the intro (which is all that clip is) is a bit annoying. here's to hoping all the other clips fare better.

Edit: I take that back, the intro to the medley fits well with the Bridge of Eldin, even if Epona's song, etc. don't.

No it wasn't. The Corneria music was the track that plays on Venom in SF64.

Edit: Now that I think about it, though, it was the same song in SF for Venom. Either way, it was only the one song, not a medley.

The Corneria music in Melee was a three song medley, all from SF SNES. Venom, then a short portion the game's general theme, followed by the ending section of Space Armada. Ralphis is telling the truth, partially.

Are you talking about the Corneria stage? If you are you really need to go relook things over. I just listened through the soundtracks to confirm. Corneria clearly has SNES star fox music INCLUDING the Main Menu theme from the original.

No, they're talking about Corneria's theme in the original game.

hahaha... you're funny.

well, how bout if the pokemon actually targets people with the beam so at least one person gets hit by it.

This isn't much different than Snorlax or Ho-oh or Onix. It happens in an area for a set duration that acts as a column spanning from top to bottom. It works. If you want to complain about one, complain about Lugia and Aeroblast. That sucked.