Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Maybe if ZSSamus does a Final Smash, her suit comes back?

Or maybe it overrides her skinsuit and all of her clothes fall off. I never liked the idea of Zero Suit Samus appearing in Brawl. Samus' Final Smash just seems like an excuse for her to get nekkid! Be on the lookout for a Soul Calibur 2-esque crossover to Dead or Alive.

Wait, what the fuck? The only way to use Zero Suit Samus is after a final smash?

That's fucking stupid.

I agree. If she were a separate character, that'd be one thing...but now she's just gonna be a dumbed down version of Samus after she uses her final smash, so it basically punishes you for getting the final smash.

you do have a point, Samus uses her final smash in one of the old trailers and you can see everything coming off....

and you see wario riding his bike. so i guess that shouldn't have been surprising to see it show up in the game.

OMG! that means only one thing. Snake's Box (E3 '06 trailer) is most likely going to be in the game. sweet!

also if we want to take it further, MetaKnight is going to have somekind of invisibility defensive move to block projectiles. (probably very similar to kirby's Down B move)

EDIT: does "why? ...well, because it really hurts" mean that the Zero Beam will inflict Self-Damage like pichu?

I agree. If she were a separate character, that'd be one thing...but now she's just gonna be a dumbed down version of Samus after she uses her final smash, so it basically punishes you for getting the final smash.

Be careful what you say. It is dumb that you can't use her w/o final smash. But by no means does that mean she's "dumbed down". For all you know, the only real disadvantage she has is that she loses range, but maintains her awesome close-range combat capabilities. Regardless, I stated this in the beginning and I'll say it again: Binding a complete character to a move that cannot be accessed at will is stupid. If there were a transformation move, ala Zelda/Sheik, then it's fine because you can switch whenever you want and you don't have to become good with one in order to be good with the other (although you ought to become good with both to be competitive, but I digress). Putting it onto an item which presumably can be (and probably will be, in competitions) turned off, then you've completely eliminated an awesome idea. I've been pretty happy with all of these updates so far, but this is the only one that hints at massive failure.

Putting it onto an item which presumably can be (and probably will be, in competitions) turned off, then you've completely eliminated an awesome idea.

Now here's a crazy idea. Maybe items could be on during competitions. Or better yet, Nintendo is trying to make a fun game and sees the Smash Brothers tournament as a form of play that uses their game like a mod and not the pure or true Smash Brothers because some grass-roots fan community seems to think so.

Be careful what you say. It is dumb that you can't use her w/o final smash. But by no means does that mean she's "dumbed down". For all you know, the only real disadvantage she has is that she loses range, but maintains her awesome close-range combat capabilities. Regardless, I stated this in the beginning and I'll say it again: Binding a complete character to a move that cannot be accessed at will is stupid. If there were a transformation move, ala Zelda/Sheik, then it's fine because you can switch whenever you want and you don't have to become good with one in order to be good with the other (although you ought to become good with both to be competitive, but I digress). Putting it onto an item which presumably can be (and probably will be, in competitions) turned off, then you've completely eliminated an awesome idea. I've been pretty happy with all of these updates so far, but this is the only one that hints at massive failure.

I don't think that one perceived imperfection with Samus is going to lead to a massive failure.

Seriously, we don't even know all of the conditions of the game yet.

Why worry so much about this?

I don't know about anyone else, but it seems to me that the armor sticking around (and being interactive, no less) is a good indication of the potential for two-way transformation. I'm also willing to bet tomorrow's update will shed a little more light on ZSS, so as megadave says, there's really no reason to be freaking out about it right now.

I understand that not all of the details have been given yet, and this is Sakurai's intention, but I'm just a little on edge about it because Samus is my main character for ownage. My bad.

The reason I think that this has potential for massive fail is that if this is the -only- way to play ZSS then there may be a way to completely eliminate a character from even being played...which disappoints me.

I understand that not all of the details have been given yet, and this is Sakurai's intention, but I'm just a little on edge about it because Samus is my main character for ownage. My bad.

The reason I think that this has potential for massive fail is that if this is the -only- way to play ZSS then there may be a way to completely eliminate a character from even being played...which disappoints me.

I think it'll be okay. I have a feeling Zamus will be gimped (not Sheik-like as everyone has been assuming this whole time) but I still think she'll be selectable at the character screen by holding down the Z button, ala Sheik.

I think now you're just getting desperate for information on the topic.

Heh, like I said I'm probably thinking too much into it. But I do still bet Sakurai is dangling the question at the end of a hook so to speak since the character was pretty popular.

I bet with the suit there will be at least a way to "jettison" it off with a certain button combination or something, I can't imagine them programming a whole character just to regulate her to a single items' use. Doesn't make much sense to me. Either that or if you think about it, if they really really beef up Samus' speed and give her some undeniable strengths over standard Samus (as well as some disadvantages of course.) then if it is just after the Final Smash it may not even have to be seen as a "punishment".

Another possibility is that beam looks really really powerful so maybe it could be more powerful and deadly than your average Final Smash, and the suit coming off is to just balance that out.

This isn't that important, but I wonder if she has two different models (ZS version and standard Version) or if she just has one model, the ZS version, and they just put the armor over that model for armored Samus. That'd be kind of neat.

This isn't that important, but I wonder if she has two different models (ZS version and standard Version) or if she just has one model, the ZS version, and they just put the armor over that model for armored Samus. That'd be kind of neat.

I don't think so ;] Unless they do that X-ray effect when characters get electrocuted again... highly doubtful though - we've seen Pikachu do some serious electrifying in the trailers.

Binding a complete character to a move that cannot be accessed at will is stupid. If there were a transformation move, ala Zelda/Sheik, then it's fine because you can switch whenever you want and you don't have to become good with one in order to be good with the other (although you ought to become good with both to be competitive, but I digress). Putting it onto an item which presumably can be (and probably will be, in competitions) turned off, then you've completely eliminated an awesome idea.

Oh no, with Smash Balls turned off, you also won't be able to be Gigabowser! And you won't be able to do a fifth of the special moves! And with each item that's turned off, there's a whole other move you can't do anymore! Oh no, what if tournaments only allow playing certain stages?!?? And what if some complete characters aren't quite fast enough to compete well in tournaments? Oh the humanity - suddenly this game's content is looking rather thin :roll:

If they're smart, ZSS (lol "Zamus") will play VERY similarly to regular Samus. Even in Zero Mission, unsuited Samus could do almost all the maneuvers of regular Samus (sans special abilities), and the differences were rather minimal. They'd better not do something stupid and, say, make Zero Suit Samus have different areal speed, weight, jumps, etc. than suited Samus. Quick, someone analyze a trailer that has both Samus's in it!

does "why? ...well, because it really hurts" mean that the Zero Beam will inflict Self-Damage like pichu?

Clearly it either means it really hurts to get hit with the laser, or it really "hurts" Samus suit. If it "really hurt" Samus' damage points, the move would be absolotely useless (I mean, unless the destruction of Samus' suit unleashes her hidden god-like power for some inexplicable reason). Ah, what do I know, they've done stupider things....

If they're smart, ZSS (lol "Zamus") will play VERY similarly to regular Samus. Even in Zero Mission, unsuited Samus could do almost all the maneuvers of regular Samus (sans special abilities), and the differences were rather minimal. They'd better not do something stupid and, say, make Zero Suit Samus have different areal speed, weight, jumps, etc. than suited Samus. Quick, someone analyze a trailer that has both Samus's in it!

ZSS has less "power" (I'm assuming this means the loss of her arm cannon and its related abilities, as those tended to be her most damaging abilities) and "stamina" (which probably just means she's a little lighter without her suit, a bit easier to toss around), but makes up for it in speed. She still has a gun to fire with so she's not entirely without range, and it's likely that she's more dangerous than normal Samus in melee range with her gun as a whip.

Oh, man. I was looking at the pics for the Samus final smash and realized, "Wait a minute... if her beam is on the ground..."

You should totally be able to equip Samus' discarded Arm Cannon as if it were a gun item. Sure, nurf it, like take away the charge or something, or let it charge less, as long as you are able to shoot with it. That would be hella cool.

(I wonder if the SSBB team reads forums, even if it's just the Japanese ones...?)

--Jack Kieser

Oh, man. I was looking at the pics for the Samus final smash and realized, "Wait a minute... if her beam is on the ground..."

You should totally be able to equip Samus' discarded Arm Cannon as if it were a gun item. Sure, nurf it, like take away the charge or something, or let it charge less, as long as you are able to shoot with it. That would be hella cool.

(I wonder if the SSBB team reads forums, even if it's just the Japanese ones...?)

--Jack Kieser

That'd be really cool.

And I wonder if ZSSamus will have a Final Smash of he own. Maybe she get her suit back on and do a Power Bomb kinda think, who knows?

Look at this pic:

samus_070718b.jpg

It looks as if you might be able to direct the shot a bit. It looks to me as if she is shooting slightly upwards, dont you guys think?

EDIT: To avoid the double post

When Samus destroys her Power Suit, she’s left with the Zero Suit. What she’s lost in power and weaponry, she makes up for in speed!

Once she turns that Paralyzer in her hand into a whip, she has quite a long reach as well! Not exactly the straightforward fight you thought it was, huh?

Sound that shes gonna be fast.