Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Hmm... sounds like you'll be able to switch between pistol mode and whip mode to me. Which would be useful, especially if that affects the rest of her moveset. More direct, close combat attacks in pistol mode, with long-range, more Sheik-chain-style attacks in whip mode...

Interesting. Not a complete lack of info, I guess.

--Jack Kieser

Hmm... sounds like you'll be able to switch between pistol mode and whip mode to me. Which would be useful, especially if that affects the rest of her moveset. More direct, close combat attacks in pistol mode, with long-range, more Sheik-chain-style attacks in whip mode...

Interesting. Not a complete lack of info, I guess.

--Jack Kieser

This is quite doubtful. Think of a weaker version of Fox/Falco blaster for neutral B. Then think of Sheik whip for side B. There you have your "pistol mode" and "whip mode" all in one. The theories that I think will hold on this one are a lighter and faster Samus without her signature moves, which include her morphball, arm cannon, missles, grapple beam, flamethrower, and obviously morphball bombs. Now a question I'd like to speculate on is how she'll grapple. Will it be close to her beam by using her whip? Or will it be a standard grapple. I hate to say it this way, but it seems that ZSS is replacing Sheik in terms of gameplay.

This is quite doubtful. Think of a weaker version of Fox/Falco blaster for neutral B. Then think of Sheik whip for side B. There you have your "pistol mode" and "whip mode" all in one. The theories that I think will hold on this one are a lighter and faster Samus without her signature moves, which include her morphball, arm cannon, missles, grapple beam, flamethrower, and obviously morphball bombs. Now a question I'd like to speculate on is how she'll grapple. Will it be close to her beam by using her whip? Or will it be a standard grapple. I hate to say it this way, but it seems that ZSS is replacing Sheik in terms of gameplay.

I'm gonna have to agree. I don't see something like Ivy's "Whip mode" from the soul calibur games coming to Brawl.

I hope yes....but who knows.....I was expecting the Koopa Clown Car for Bowser...
Well, we might still get that as an Assist Trophy. Who knows?:nicework:
Mr. L. aka GREEN THUNDER (and Bro-Bot, of course)

Hmmmmm, that would be a neat addition, but we'll have to wait and see. A Mr. L alternate costume would be sweet as well.

well, seems like we can now say as a fact that zero suit samus is the new shiek.

Still love her looks.

A part of me wants this to be true because Samus was my favorite, and Sheik my second to play as. I also don't want this to be true as I really want ZSS to have something even more original to her past the method of transformation.

But if you start a side by side comparison, the supposed paralyzer shot would be similar to the daggers. Presumably quick, charge-able and weak. Close range whips. Fast melee attacks combined with a light character. The only difference issue I see regarding this theory is how ZSS Up+B will work. Oh, and obviously down+B since Samus lost both screw attack and bombs.

The only difference issue I see regarding this theory is how ZSS Up+B will work. Oh, and obviously down+B since Samus lost both screw attack and bombs.

In one of the trailers we saw her do essentially a Falcon Kick minus the flames, so that's probably what her down+B will be. I have no idea on the up+B though. Hopefully Zero Suit Samus' final smash will be Crystal Flashing back into her suit.