Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Aren't you advocating your own "right way to play" by denying that edgehogging is a legitimate strategy?

Yes. When Jack referred to the 'right way to play' guys, I assume he was referring to the people who complain when any level but Final Destination or the mere mention of items comes up. As in, the fgts.

I can see where you are coming with that. I have a friend who uses Falco AND the C-stick. And it BLOWS. He's way faster than me, and for the first 3 or so fights, I bitch like hell. But then I acclimate and get him back. I guess that's the only difference; just try adjusting your own strategy to force them to do things the hard (and more fun) way.

--Jack Kieser

PS: And, I meant all of you guys who fight about that. I try to stay out of it, because I think its arrogant of me to say there is a certain way to play. Really, only the devs can make that call.

They should just take out edgehogging. If someone is already grabbing on the ledge you want to grab, you grab on that person's feet instead.

That way, there's still a bit of an advantage to the person edgehogging (since the person 'hogging could drop at any moment), but it's not this super cheap move wherein you bitchslap someone off the level and then prevent them from using one of the most basic moves in the game to come back.

Good ole' Poke Floats... The bane of tournament play. But I meant change your strategy in-fight. Like, see them edgeguard and play differently.

--Jack Kieser

PS: ^ Wow, that would be super awesome. Imagine if a chain of 4 players could recover like that...

And even though I wavedash myself, I think they should do that and take out wavedashing. There's not much they can do to improve the physics engine (which definitely needed improvement) if they don't take out the most known of glitches.

You guys just sound like sore losers. One of my friends would find something to complain about no matter what I did, as I would consistently beat him.

He compained if I edgeguarded in any way, used the same attack more than once or twice in a row, didn't mindlessly run at him and attack, or used any advanced technique. Now, I consider myself a tournament-level player (and have been to tournaments), but, with friends, I usually play with random level with items on medium. You, like my friend, wants everyone to conform to their lack of skill and experience with the game, dumbing down the game a lot. I love playing the game, but when, even if I don't wavedash, edgeguard, shffl, etc., my friend would still slam his controller down and storm off, it pissed me off probably far more than it pisses you off when you can't compensate for edgehogging.

EDIT: Did Jack actually just complain about someone using the C-stick?

(except people who play as Link and literally do nothing but use the Spin Attack)

Why does that bother you? If you remotely know what you're doing, they can't possibly win. You beat them a few times and they'll eventually change strategies or characters.

They should just take out edgehogging. If someone is already grabbing on the ledge you want to grab, you grab on that person's feet instead.

That seriously made me laugh out loud. Not that it's preposterous or anything, just imagine a chain of characters holding onto each others feet. :lol:

It's easy to counter. Really easy. It just makes it really boring to play against them because they're so predictable.

I've never known someone who would continue that strategy after they get their asses handed to them soundly a few matches in a row.

EDIT: Did Jack actually just complain about someone using the C-stick?

Normally I wouldn't, but I don't think he has ever touched the A-button in his life on Melee... I need to tell him about the Z-charge, though. He'd get a kick out of that.

--Jack Kieser

Normally I wouldn't, but I don't think he has ever touched the A-button in his life on Melee... I need to tell him about the Z-charge, though. He'd get a kick out of that.

--Jack Kieser

Lol, no grabs for him I'm afraid. I would actually love to see someone win completely with B moves once.

Lol, no grabs for him I'm afraid. I would actually love to see someone win completely with B moves once.

Yeah, and I'd love to see a soccer team win by only heading the ball.

....actually, it might be possible to pull of a B-move only win with Jigglypuff or Capt. Falcon, maybe Marth or Roy.....

[Edit]

Just don't tell your opponent that you're only going to use B moves =p

That would be pretty cool actually if when you were on a ledge by pressing Z you could put your hand out where you would become a ledge for another player to catch on.... that way you could save teammates and stuff. Hehe. It'd be like 'Little Big Planet.' haha. ^_^

I could totally dig hanging off of other people that are hanging on ledges, that's an awesome idea. hehe. ^_^

Edit: and while I might disagree with BigBoss, I do appreciate his vigor.

okay, its 5 minutes past when they typically update... whats up with the lateness. *cries*

*taps foot impatiently*

I need my Smash Brawl Crack fix, damn it!

EDIT: OKAY, the update was late, but its here! BUT....

....but seriously, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?! WHAT THE FUCK!?

edit 2: whatever this is about, its labeled as a game mode... and important enough to get its own little area in the game mode section. hmm. I wonder if Smash Bros will have some kind of "story" .... hmmm.