Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

WTF?!

What is the new update supposed to be?

???

Im confused :S

EDIT to avoid double post:

I think thats how the presentation video is gonna be like or something, kinda like Melee's was.

The characters in Melee were trophies and then they turned into the chars.

Maybe thats what this is.

HOLY CRAP!!! thats awesome! i am LOVING this game already. this update alone has completely convinced me to buy a wii.

*looks around*

wait.. am i the only one who thinks they understand this totally sweet update?

hello? hello? ... i think we may have a bad connection...

HOLY CRAP!!! thats awesome! i am LOVING this game already. this update alone has completely convinced me to buy a wii.

*looks around*

wait.. am i the only one who thinks they understand this totally sweet update?

hello? hello? ... i think we may have a bad connection...

Would you care explaining your understanding of this new update?

Well, if you select the hidden text, it makes a little bit more sense.... Good job confusing us all on a Friday :nicework: Looks like single player mode may have a much more cohesive story than before.

Yeah, what hidden text r u talking about?

What, you've never seen white text before?

I'll copy and paste it here for you guys:

In this world, trophies fight.

screenshot

screenshot

screenshot

They know nothing but fighting. Fighting is the sole reason for their existence.

screenshot

Being turned back into a trophy, being unable to fight, is much like death.

screenshot

screenshot

screenshot

Those are the rules of this world.

screenshot

But...

screenshot

When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price...

And, ummmm, is it just me, or has the latest installment in every Nintendo series featured a blobby purple and black evil substance? Metroid Prime 2, Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario.... I guess that's it :oops:

Would you care explaining your understanding of this new update?

sure thing. well, what i think i understand of it is much like the two previous games both start with inanimate objects who then become into moving (living) things and start fighting each other.

Smash Bros had Master Hand pick two random action figures/dolls and then construct a makeshift battle arena out of a desk.

Melee in the intro have some arm grab mario in trophy form and it flips into the sky and tumbles to rest in an arena and you see he isn't alone. link, kirby and pikachu were also there to join in the... brawl? well yes.

on to Brawl, it seems its actually going to go into the reasoning behind the toys/trophys and being a trophy seems to be like death. so they become real, fight (cause that's there main purpose) this world is at peace and is in balance. untill something unsettles it... oooO!

so like previously stated. (one of the) adventure mode(s) should be a little more complete. and that they might go into the whole coming to life thing thats my understanding.

wait, I had a thought....

what if Smash Bros Brawl had a really engaging single player mode that had a great story with all the classic Nintendo characters. Think of Kingdom Hearts just... Nintendo. What if the single player was so engaging that people wanted to play the adventure mode just as much as multiplayer... because its so epic, dramatic, meaningful, and life changing?

Think about it. It'll blow your mind.

.... then you'll come crashing back to reality. ^_~

sure thing. well, what i think i understand of it is much like the two previous games both start with inanimate objects who then become into moving (living) things and start fighting each other.

Smash Bros had Master Hand pick two random action figures/dolls and then construct a makeshift battle arena out of a desk.

Melee in the intro have some arm grab mario in trophy form and it flips into the sky and tumbles to rest in an arena and you see he isn't alone. link, kirby and pikachu were also there to join in the... brawl? well yes.

on to Brawl, it seems its actually going to go into the reasoning behind the toys/trophys and being a trophy seems to be like death. so they become real, fight (cause that's there main purpose) this world is at peace and is in balance. untill something unsettles it... oooO!

so like previously stated. (one of the) adventure mode(s) should be a little more complete. and that they might go into the whole coming to life thing thats my understanding.

Yeah, thats exactly what i thought of too, but I wasnt sure.

I was just thinking to myself how updates so far have not been like, completely mind blowing in the sense that you'd go "oooh, I see now. So this IS SSBB!"

So you can imagine this update made my day :)

I'm guessing these screenshots are from some type of into movie. Very interesting and very curious about what they have in store for us now :)

Maybe the creature in the last screen is some type of new universal bad guy.

Since being turned into a trophy is as bad as death, I can imagine in this Smash Bros. winning the game would result in your character breaking free from such a fate, rather than being turned into a trophy again like in Melee.

Game...turning...too...awesome

EDIT: The screens suggest Mario turned Kirby back to life after him being turned into a trophy again. Him grabbing Kirby's hand shows a sign of friendship, but just as he does, evil stuff happens 0_0. Which is probably what they meant by "When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price..."

Friendship = bad. Fighting = good >_>

To recap:

Trophies fighting against each other is SOP. Once one wins, the other is turned back into a trophy. SOP designates that the victor reanimate the fallen so that they may fight another day. Friendship seems to be accepted as long as competition through fighting remains.

Breaking the rules could mean anything from preventing reanimation to complete destruction of the trophy.