Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Am I the only one who doesn't see that guy at the end as a singular villain? He looks too borderline generic (And cute, I want one!) to be a main villain. I suspect he's more of a single spawn of a mass of damned creatures come to purge those who break the rules.

That, OR, the thing is what Smashers get conjured into when they try to break the rules and defy the 'natural order' of things.

Five bucks says Metaknight is a begrudging 'Angel of Death' type of herald for this retribution. Because he's just that awesome.

Edit: Last screenshot proves me right. You'll notice two more clusters of... Whatever the thing is standing in, in the background. So two more are about to appear. It's swarm threat.

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God hovering above? At least it is true, that man has no control, even over his own will....

So there's actually a story this time around. Nice work Sakurai.

Yeah, about a year ago after the game was first announced, he said he really wanted to beef up the single-player mode. He wanted to do it in Melee, too, but either Miyamoto or Iwata told him to focus mostly on the multiplayer instead (good choice there).

Yeah, about a year ago after the game was first announced, he said he really wanted to beef up the single-player mode. He wanted to do it in Melee, too, but either Miyamoto or Iwata told him to focus mostly on the multiplayer instead (good choice there).

Really? I thought both aspects were handled really well in Melee, so we can expect an even better experience this time around :)

Interesting though is that the update is marked as "gameplay modes -???" So it could be either a specific single player mode, or the mode that defines this entry in the Smash series.

Either way I think we'll start getting a lot more interesting updates from here on :)

I'm delighted!

I have ever did a personal interpretation of the "story" of Super Smash Bros..

In the intro of the first Smash you can see a room (probably of a boy) and then arrives an hand (Master Hand) that pick up from a box two toys of Yoshi and Samus and then he put them on the desk; after that he prepare the desk to make a battlefield and then cowntdown to 0 with the fingers. After that the toys start do fight.

My interpretation:

Master Hand is the hand of a boy that with his fantasy makes fights his favourite characters. In the end he fights personally one of them (like many children do, I was one of them). At the end of the fighs, the character return to be a toy and the boy (Master Hand) exit from the room turning off the light.

In Melee this story is present but much more veiled (intro) but I'm sure that is the same because in the intro movie is seen a Trophy-Mario that takes life in a arena. In addition if you remember the Game Over screen from Melee there is the character that return to be a trophy...and when you finish the classic mode(or adventure, or all star) he trasforms in a trophy (the trophy you earned).

The today update is surely the most amazing that I seen because introduces a thing that I was thinking from much time: a well defined story.

[sPECULATION]In some way this dark characters that comes from the Smash universe (that existed like a sort of "limbo" from the real world and the imaginary of the boy, and now has a his own identity) wants to rule that world and than conquer other universes.

This characters are born in the Smash universe because it has become so wide that has a its own fauna (and maybe an its population), because it has been tainted from several universes. To sum up...the various Nintendo universes converges in the Smash one and everytime that something (an item, a scenario, a character...) enter in it because it creates a bridge from the two universes; in addiction the Smash universe is chronically connected with the real world (this allow us to play Smash).

This means that the original Smash univers creatures can uses this bridges to arrive in an another Nintendo universe (or maybe in the real world...). We are here to stop they!!![/sPECULATION]

Ok you are free to tell me that I'm crazy. (sorry, yesterday I've seen Donnie Darko and I've been inevitably tainted from it XD )

PS: Sorry for the bad english, I did the best I can...

I think the goal here would be to resemble something Akin to another very popular crossover game, kingdom hearts. That with the dark thingies and "evil" characters, a world where all these separated characters exist in their own universe that suddenly falls in peril by unknown forces. It won't be as complicated as KH of course, because that's an RPG and needs a deep story, but something around those lines... that's my guess.

I'm delighted!

I have ever did a personal interpretation of the "story" of Super Smash Bros..

In the intro of the first Smash you can see a room (probably of a boy) and then arrives an hand (Master Hand) that pick up from a box two toys of Yoshi and Samus and then he put them on the desk; after that he prepare the desk to make a battlefield and then cowntdown to 0 with the fingers. After that the toys start do fight.

My interpretation:

Master Hand is the hand of a boy that with his fantasy makes fights his favourite characters. In the end he fights personally one of them (like many children do, I was one of them). At the end of the fighs, the character return to be a toy and the boy (Master Hand) exit from the room turning off the light.

In Melee this story is present but much more veiled (intro) but I'm sure that is the same because in the intro movie is seen a Trophy-Mario that takes life in a arena. In addition if you remember the Game Over screen from Melee there is the character that return to be a trophy...and when you finish the classic mode(or adventure, or all star) he trasforms in a trophy (the trophy you earned).

The today update is surely the most amazing that I seen because introduces a thing that I was thinking from much time: a well defined story.

[sPECULATION]In some way this dark characters that comes from the Smash universe (that existed like a sort of "limbo" from the real world and the imaginary of the boy, and now has a his own identity) wants to rule that world and than conquer other universes.

This characters are born in the Smash universe because it has become so wide that has a its own fauna (and maybe an its population), because it has been tainted from several universes. To sum up...the various Nintendo universes converges in the Smash one and everytime that something (an item, a scenario, a character...) enter in it because it creates a bridge from the two universes; in addiction the Smash universe is chronically connected with the real world (this allow us to play Smash).

This means that the original Smash univers creatures can uses this bridges to arrive in an another Nintendo universe (or maybe in the real world...). We are here to stop they!!![/sPECULATION]

Ok you are free to tell me that I'm crazy. (sorry, yesterday I've seen Donnie Darko and I've been inevitably tainted from it XD )

PS: Sorry for the bad english, I did the best I can...

first of all, i completely agree and that was the exact thought process that i had. it's going to be awesome to play this game. stupid hype machine, why do you work so well???

second, donnie darko is an awesome movie and your english is better than 95% of the internet.

When I first heard someone say this, I thought they were looking into it too much, but after looking myself, it actually looks like there's something there:

modea01_070720j-l.jpg

Look in the clouds. In the upper right of the image, you can see Bowser's face in the clouds. That one is the most clear, but directly below and to the right of him looks just like Ridley. The dark spot above the Halbred looks like Master Hand, and you can almost see Ganondorf or Zant's face in there too, although I think that's pushing it. The Bowser and Ridley are the most apparent. Thoughts?

EDIT: Here's a blown up image: http://myweb.cableone.net/rebelart/clouds.jpg

When I first heard someone say this, I thought they were looking into it too much, but after looking myself, it actually looks like there's something there:

modea01_070720j-l.jpg

Look in the clouds. In the upper right of the image, you can see Bowser's face in the clouds. That one is the most clear, but directly below and to the right of him looks just like Ridley. The dark spot above the Halbred looks like Master Hand, and you can almost see Ganondorf or Zant's face in there too, although I think that's pushing it. The Bowser and Ridley are the most apparent. Thoughts?

All good evil masters have their minions. Knowing that there are good candidates already: Bowser, Master/Crazy Hands, and Ganondorf...but wait! Ridley? I'd be very surprised if this was a little clue thrown in to a potential character and/or boss figure.

I think you're pushing it too far there.

But they again, it could be, it's just not very likely.

Yea, I know. But it just fits too well. Pit, in my opinion, seemed like a very random character to add to the mix where Metaknight was almost a no-brainer. I just think there'd be another reason that solely to add him because he's Pit.

Yea, I know. But it just fits too well. Pit, in my opinion, seemed like a very random character to add to the mix where Metaknight was almost a no-brainer. I just think there'd be another reason that solely to add him because he's Pit.

it's true, it does make a ton of sense if all the bad guys from the nintendo universe form a "Legion of Doom" which unsettles the balance of this Smash Universe (it's sorta weird saying that) by not following the rules. as for the clouds i really can't see it well.

the reason why it could work is that each character has it's respective "badguy" from their games which they will fight in the single-player mode. if this is the case then these bosses will most likely be mini-bosses and master/crazy hand will be the main boss.

unless, of course, its another badguy from within this world and so Masterhand would be still there but losing control and the game would sorta set up a three-way standoff.

Does anyone else think that Pit's inclusion might mean a new Kid Icarus?

I'd like to think so. It seems whenever IGN has interviews with Miyamoto, they either ask him about the possibility of a Kid Icarus sequel for Wii or Miyamoto brings up that people ask about it a lot. Anyway, hope Nintendo does wiivive (teehee) the franchise.

The main reason Pit was included was most likely from fan pressure. The guys at IGN have bothered Miyamoto about it for years (and I love them for that!), and included a kid icarus game in every wishlist or anywhere they could. The last time they asked, at the last E3 Prior the launch of the Wii, Miyamoto seemed to agree to bring him in some form.

IGN: "OK wtf are you waiting for to bring kid icarus back, dammit"

Miyamoto: "OMG noone knows that little bastard, noones gonna buy that game"

IGN: "Hell yeah they would!"

Miyamoto: "srsly?"

IGN: "YEAH"

Miyamoto: "Would you buy a game with pit in it?"

IGN: "I'd give my virginity for it"

Miyamoto: "OHOK I'll see what I can do"

Not the exact words, but that's how I remember the interview went on. One year later they revealed the wii, and later on, the trailer with pit on it. I jumped in joy. I bet the IGN folks did too.

The main reason Pit was included was most likely from fan pressure. The guys at IGN have bothered Miyamoto about it for years (and I love them for that!), and included a kid icarus game in every wishlist or anywhere they could. The last time they asked, at the last E3 Prior the launch of the Wii, Miyamoto seemed to agree to bring him in some form.

IGN: "OK wtf are you waiting for to bring kid icarus back, dammit"

Miyamoto: "OMG noone knows that little bastard, noones gonna buy that game"

IGN: "Hell yeah they would!"

Miyamoto: "srsly?"

IGN: "YEAH"

Miyamoto: "Would you buy a game with pit in it?"

IGN: "I'd give my virginity for it"

Miyamoto: "OHOK I'll see what I can do"

Not the exact words, but that's how I remember the interview went on. One year later they revealed the wii, and later on, the trailer with pit on it. I jumped in joy. I bet the IGN folks did too.

lol, pretty much. Anyway, I know I'd be interested in learning more about Kid Icarus Wii if it were to be announced.