Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Character Rivals:

Mario & Luigi - Bowser

Samus - Ridley

Kirby - MetaKnight

Pikachu & Jigglypuff - ?? Team Rocket ??

Donkey Kong - King K. Rool

Star Fox - Star Wolf

Link - Ganondorf

Captian Falcon - Dr. Stewart, Pico, and Samurai Goroh

Ness - Pokey Minch

Yoshi - ?? Shyguys ??

i think thats right... just if anyone was wondering what else to point out in those darn clouds. :)

My wife... just beat me [at SSBM].

Wow.... I don't even know what to say to this. And I'm not making fun of you; I'm in total awe that anybody could be lucky enough to have a wife who will not only play smash, but put up a good fight. I think if I met a girl who could beat me in smash or tetris attack, I'd probably ask her to marry me right there on the spot.

I think if I met a girl who could beat me in smash or tetris attack, I'd probably ask her to marry me right there on the spot.

Exactly!

Seriously, when we first started dating, she asked me if I had the game, and I silently thanked God, and made it my goal to make her tournament-caliber. The scary thing is that she came in ninth at a small tourney we held at my school, which was her first one. I'd never placed that high until that same tourney!

Exactly!

Seriously, when we first started dating, she asked me if I had the game, and I silently thanked God, and made it my goal to make her tournament-caliber. The scary thing is that she came in ninth at a small tourney we held at my school, which was her first one. I'd never placed that high until that same tourney!

WOW...I did not know that you silently thanked god..lol but I was glad I asked because I was truly dying to play that game. That was weird I had no idea you loved video games or that you loved my fave game. Lucky me. Want to play a match before we head to bed???:twisted:

Oh man, you guys are really on to something with that cloud theory. I'm not supposed to reveal inside information, but I just can't help myself, so I'll let you all in on the true secret behind the screen shot.

First off, there is no Bowser or Ridley in those clouds. Your seeing them is simply the result of the rather impressive ability of various parts of your temporal lobe, such as the fusiform face area and parahippocampal place area, to find familiar shapes and patterns in random and ambiguous visual stimuli.

However, there IS a secret in that picture. Look at the top left of the screenshot:

modea01_070720j-l.jpg

See that cloud on the top left? Look carefully. What does it look like?

If you said "Hmm, that cloud looks suspiciously like a condensed mass of red water droplets that have formed around some sort of condensation nucleus," then guess what - you're right on the money!

What this means, in case you haven't figured it out already, is that Nintendo's next playable character to be revealed is none other than a red cumulonimbus cloud.

I don't know it's official name or it's full move set as of this time; however, I do know about one move:

Move: Rainfall

Execution: Down and B

Description: Causes the cloud to go through the collision and wake capture process, which allows rising and falling water droplets to increase in weight and mass by forming together as one. These newer, badder-ass water droplets have the ability to overcome air currents in the cloud and the updraft beneath them, which allows them to fall on their unsuspecting victims, dealing 10-15% damage and slowing their movement speed by 5-10% for a short time (this slowing effect is due to the fact that their clothes/fur absorb the water, which increases their weight. This means that characters without clothing or fur are immune).

Hopefully Sakurai won't be too angry with me for revealing this; he's (she's?) just such an awesome character that I couldn't keep him (her?) a secret...

I'm going with Tempora on this, it looks like Mario breaks the rule and uh...sorta brings Kirby "back to life" cause he's such a good guy and all, and I guess shit hits the wall because of it.

Everyone always used to joke that in a way, the first Smash Brothers could be seen as the "toys" or "characters" rebelling against their master...us, or the kid making them fight. And thats why the kid runs out of the room in the end, his hand got bitch slapped by lasers and Master Swords. lol

So maybe in this game that idea is actually being taken literally.

Oh man, you guys are really on to something with that cloud theory. I'm not supposed to reveal inside information, but I just can't help myself, so I'll let you all in on the true secret behind the screen shot.

First off, there is no Bowser or Ridley in those clouds. Your seeing them is simply the result of the rather impressive ability of various parts of your temporal lobe, such as the fusiform face area and parahippocampal place area, to find familiar shapes and patterns in random and ambiguous visual stimuli.

However, there IS a secret in that picture. Look at the top left of the screenshot:

modea01_070720j-l.jpg

See that cloud on the top left? Look carefully. What does it look like?

If you said "Hmm, that cloud looks suspiciously like a condensed mass of red water droplets that have formed around some sort of condensation nucleus," then guess what - you're right on the money!

What this means, in case you haven't figured it out already, is that Nintendo's next playable character to be revealed is none other than a red cumulonimbus cloud.

I don't know it's official name or it's full move set as of this time; however, I do know about one move:

Move: Rainfall

Execution: Down and B

Description: Causes the cloud to go through the collision and wake capture process, which allows rising and falling water droplets to increase in weight and mass by forming together as one. These newer, badder-ass water droplets have the ability to overcome air currents in the cloud and the updraft beneath them, which allows them to fall on their unsuspecting victims, dealing 10-15% damage and slowing their movement speed by 5-10% for a short time (this slowing effect is due to the fact that their clothes/fur absorb the water, which increases their weight. This means that characters without clothing or fur are immune).

Hopefully Sakurai won't be too angry with me for revealing this; he's (she's?) just such an awesome character that I couldn't keep him (her?) a secret...

Archetype wins this thread.

Wow.... I don't even know what to say to this. And I'm not making fun of you; I'm in total awe that anybody could be lucky enough to have a wife who will not only play smash, but put up a good fight. I think if I met a girl who could beat me in smash or tetris attack, I'd probably ask her to marry me right there on the spot.

Is it really that rare? I've pretty much trashed my fiancé and all his college buddies in Melee. His brother's only managed to beat me once, and then said he'd attained his goal in life and left the room.

On the other hand, my brother beats me more often than not (but he pretty much does that to everyone), and back when I fought Smasha (years ago... man how time flies) I only won twice, but still.

Now that I think about it, though, pretty much any other girl I've played SSBM against has only been a casual "oh-look-you-have-a-nintendo!" gamer.