Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I don't think it would be like Mario Party, because in Mario party the characters move, jump, and spring off each other very slowly. I think to pull this off the guy you are jumping on would have to stand there and take the meteor smash after being jumped on, but I bet that there is time to move away before getting smashed.

I think some people are reading it wrong. I don't think it is JUST so characters can do a meteor smash. It is only one of many things one could do after performing this jump.

What some people also don't seem to realize that it is very unlikely that an opponent, especially human controlled, would stay in the same place long enough to get jumped on AND meteor smashed without you know, fighting back.

This new tech does in no way make for an instant meteor smash, you still have to do all the work.

Also, that one screenshot suggest that bouncing off of someone using this technique will bring you into your second jump. Note that Yoshi looks like he is "fluttering" after the jump on Wario.

I think some people are reading it wrong. I don't think it is JUST so characters can do a meteor smash. It is only one of many things one could do after performing this jump.

What some people also don't seem to realize that it is very unlikely that an opponent, especially human controlled, would stay in the same place long enough to get jumped on AND meteor smashed without you know, fighting back.

This new tech does in no way make for an instant meteor smash, you still have to do all the work.

Uh... the Footstool Jump is in and of itself a Meteor Smash attack. That's why people are talking about the implications of every character being able to perform a Meteor Smash now while only a few had the ability in Melee. Although you are right that the Meteor Smash aspect is not the only implication; the extra jump(s) possible might be strategically intriguing as well.

I still think it looks stupid and I hope it's something that takes skill to pull off or I can see this becoming some seriously cheap bullshit (which is why I referred to Mario Party earlier).

Right, I see what ya mean now. The actual jump on an airborne character would make them fall down...

I was sort of confused because I was thinking one can't bounce off of something that is not grounded.

It would indeed make for a (mini) meteor smash, rather than the extra high bounce.

:) If they're going to include a homerun contest thing again then this technique would make it extra fun :)

Game-play mechanic update... YES! Glad this going to be a REAL update to smash brothers and not just a bunch of polish and extra features and balancing. I mean I love smash brothers, but new mechanics are a must to keep the game from just being melee 2.0

Meh, if it's difficult to execute and you have to time the correct button push RIGHT at the correct spot then it'll be okay.

I really think there is more to it that what they're telling us. There's an opportunity cost in here somewhere... I think its probably your horizontal movement. You probably can get a good jump straight up (maybe a little to the side), but probably not as much as if you would have just jumped without using someone as a footstool.

And... if they make it so you can't do a triple jump after initiating it, then I don't think this move will be unbalanced.

Meh, if it's difficult to execute and you have to time the correct button push RIGHT at the correct spot then it'll be okay.

I really think there is more to it that what they're telling us. There's an opportunity cost in here somewhere... I think its probably your horizontal movement. You probably can get a good jump straight up (maybe a little to the side), but probably not as much as if you would have just jumped without using someone as a footstool.

And... if they make it so you can't do a triple jump after initiating it, then I don't think this move will be unbalanced.

Yeah I'm sure its gonna cost the second jump.

i have a feeling that if it's used as a meteor smash, the upward velocity of your second jump will be sacrificed

Newton's 3rd law says otherwise. You send yourself up as much as you send them down (before gravity Edit: and mass difference), if the game is physically sound.

Even though we're talking Nintendo physics, jumping on paratroopas isn't any different from jumping on ground enemies.

Newton's 3rd law says otherwise. You send yourself up as much as you send them down (before gravity), if the game is physically sound.

Even though we're talking Nintendo physics, jumping on paratroopas isn't any different from jumping on ground enemies.

Newtons 7th law states that once over 100% damage, you cannot recover from edges in the same manner.

That doesn't make any sense, as you'd be jumping off of something rather than just on air.

EDIT - Well I guess jumping off air doesn't really make sense either.

Well, in the pic where Wario is on the ground, you get to actually use him like a trampoline. In the last pic, it just looks like Yoshi just kick's the player and that's it.

Well, in the pic where Wario is on the ground, you get to actually use him like a trampoline. In the last pic, it just looks like Yoshi just kick's the player and that's it.

I wonder if "fatter" characters will throw characters higher in the air... i mean, technically there's more to bounce off of if Wario is under you, than if say, Peach or Pichu was under you. Haha.

Jumping off Pichu just sounds mean. lol.

AND... LAWL at all the Newton's laws comments.