Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Considering that we both post in the same manner about the same things basically in the same exact way, you know it is true. Though, yes I must admit, it did kill me a bit inside to type out that we are similar. It isn't exactly something easy to admit and it is a gross thought, that much is very true.

except I don't flail verbally at people I think are pretentious wiitards like a nubbley nublet

Geez.

Sakurai was 40 mins late yesterday...

He should have posted today's update 40 mins early!

Really, I doubt we're going to see much that's actually new (ie. characters and such) until they're finished milking all the actual content they've shown us in videos but haven't actually released info on yet. Like Meta Knight. Or that Metal Gear stage (?).

It seems that a good chunk of the items revealed so far have multiple strategic uses. Maybe more people will take item-centric matches more seriously. Either way, I'm increasingly looking forward to being able to set up complex traps in this game.

Edit: too bad it doesn't say how long it will stay in play for...

wow. In some stages this will be REALLY devious...

like those stages that have "fall-through" platforms for you to recover on. Just throw one of these little things out on those kind of recovery platforms and that's what I'd call devious.

Cool item. I like it. I can see a lot of interesting strategies manifesting with this item.

Really, there seems to be an emphasis on items that change the structure of the level, which is cool. There will be a lot "sandbox" type utems to just mess with, it seems.

Can someone who's played Animal Crossing tell us what the heck this thing is? Is the black stuff sticky, is it some sort of solid hole, or is it just a useless effect that temporarily appears? I'm so curious...!!

[Edit]

Indeed, played some original Smash Bros. today with items on highest; building traps with mines is so great ^_^ Especially when there aren't any comp players to obliviously walk into them. Traps and other items can totally change the dynamic of the whole fight, I love how there's more items like that in Brawl.

Can someone who's played Animal Crossing tell us what the heck this thing is? Is the black stuff sticky, is it some sort of solid hole, or is it just a useless effect that temporarily appears? I'm so curious...!!

[Edit]

Indeed, played some original Smash Bros. today with items on highest; building traps with mines is so great ^_^ Especially when there aren't any comp players to obliviously walk into them. Traps and other items can totally change the dynamic of the whole fight, I love how there's more items like that in Brawl.

It is what it is.. it makes a player in AC fall into a pit. The black stuff is supposed to be dirt I guess.

But when DK's in there... is he stuck, or can he likely hop back out immediately? or.... is he about to fall clear through the stage??

He's not stuck, he's just falling through the platform

Also, he can't fall clear through the stage, as the pitfall seems to only work on smaller platforms

If you get hit by a Pitfall, you’ll drop through pass-through floors!

and now it's time for... crazy theories for SSBB!!!

So basically, a few of you might have guessed, if there's an Animal Crossing Stage, then there's definitely a character that goes along with it. Further evidence that there's going to be a character based off of AC is the fact that they have the little leaf logo with the hole in it. They don't create a logo unless they are going to have a character to use it behind the percentage counter. There are two ideas that I have for who it's going to be:

1.) Tom Nook: The leaf logo is a heavy hint on that it could be good ol' Tom Nook joining the brawl. Hopefully he'll look cool and not like his N64 graphical counterpart. OR they WILL make him low-poly as a joke, much like G&W was a 2D sprite.

2.) Create-a-Character: This would be a really awesome option - you could be boy or girl, and allow you to change your eyes, hair, clothes, and maybe a hat or moustache like in Wild World. There's a ton of possibilities here. Then, each character would just play the same because they would just share the same moves set. I'm hoping they do this instead...

that's all for now!