Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

He's not stuck, he's just falling through the platform

Also, he can't fall clear through the stage, as the pitfall seems to only work on smaller platforms

If the pitfall is thrown on solid ground, it has a holding effect like DK's Forward-B.

If it's thrown on a platform, players fall through the platform.

Fighting AC Town Resident Team!

...Doesn't have quite the ring to it.

For those who haven't played AC, the pitfall goes like this:

-You bury a pitfall seed.

-It is completely invisible.

-Someone steps on it.

-They fall waist-deep into the ground and cannot get back out for about 5 seconds.

-The seed is gone once they escape.

In practice, it should work like a longer duration DK forward B, in mine form.

<obligatory>

Imagine a match on Pit's stage, with just pitfall seeds and proximity mines, items on very high. Breaking the platforms to force other players to go near your traps would make for an interesting match.

Or all pitfall seeds in the DK icicle mountain-like stage they unveiled a while back (or any scrolling stage, really). Trap someone in the ground so they get killed by the scrolling.

</obligatory>

If the pitfall is thrown on solid ground, it has a holding effect like DK's Forward-B.

If it's thrown on a platform, players fall through the platform.

You sure about that? Notice Sakurai says you fall through if you get hit by the pitfall. The way he says it infers that this is an effect unique to hitting someone directly with the item. If you walk into a planted one, I think you get stuck no matter where you are. Then again, I guess we can't be sure since DK is on solid ground in the first three screenshots.

Fighting AC Town Resident Team!

<obligatory>

Imagine a match on Pit's stage, with just pitfall seeds and proximity mines, items on very high. Breaking the platforms to force other players to go near your traps would make for an interesting match.

Or all pitfall seeds in the DK icicle mountain-like stage they unveiled a while back (or any scrolling stage, really). Trap someone in the ground so they get killed by the scrolling.

</obligatory>

I was going to say the exact same thing :P

I think that would make a very interesting and fun match

>.>;

I'm being more and more disappointed by these updates as time goes on. The idea is nice and all...but it's another implementation of "make someone's move available to all". Think along the lines of the Screw Attack item. I just don't like it.

Don't use that item then, no one's forcing you to.

>.>;

I'm being more and more disappointed by these updates as time goes on. The idea is nice and all...but it's another implementation of "make someone's move available to all". Think along the lines of the Screw Attack item. I just don't like it.

Eh? This item doesn't give any moves to nobody.

It's a trap item, think more mine than DK.

1.) Tom Nook: The leaf logo is a heavy hint on that it could be good ol' Tom Nook joining the brawl. Hopefully he'll look cool and not like his N64 graphical counterpart. OR they WILL make him low-poly as a joke' date=' much like G&W was a 2D sprite.[/quote']

Go back and look at the Smashville stage screenshots. Nook is in the background. It's fairly likely he won't be fighting, too.

Pitfall looks great. I'm just wondering if it will be invisible when set or have an x to mark the spot like in Animal Crossing.

>.>;

While I agree with being against the idea of making the effects of character's exclusive moves "available to all," I'm kind of hoping that this means they got rid of that move for DK. I just never really liked it much. Then again, I'm sure there's proof somewhere (that escapes me at the moment) where he is using this move in Brawl.

The problem with DK's forward-B was not so much that it was a bad idea as that the move sucked. It was too slow to connect, had not special advantages against a shield, predictable, inferior to a grab in utility and one didn't have enough time to sufficiently damage the enemy. DK's smash or charged neutral-B were far superior.

If the move was made faster, buried the foe regardless of shielding, or buried the enemy a fixed amount of time (which would have made it useful against low-damage foes), then the move would have been fine.

As to these pitfalls, they seem to have some very interesting uses.

Lol, you're right, Im also listening to the music I recently bought, and it wont fit in my iPod unless i delete some other songs :(

So I wanna listen to it all before I decide what to put and what not to put in the iPod.

:P

You guys do know making a game is hard, stressfull work right? And that the updates are something that are most probabably done between running to the art departement and a meeting about recent development issues or something right?

I maybe be going out on a limb here, but i think the updates are not his work. Making the game is. So if he's late, he's not working extra hard to make the update good (making the update is een case of calling dev and telling them to mail a few screenshots), he's late because they're desperatly trying to make a deadline without sacrificing to much of what they want in there.

You guys do know making a game is hard, stressfull work right? And that the updates are something that are most probabably done between running to the art departement and a meeting about recent development issues or something right?

I maybe be going out on a limb here, but i think the updates are not his work. Making the game is. So if he's late, he's not working extra hard to make the update good (making the update is een case of calling dev and telling them to mail a few screenshots), he's late because they're desperatly trying to make a deadline without sacrificing to much of what they want in there.

... or he's dead.

lawl at the Japan Time pic. hehehehehe.