Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Does the banner saying "Warning! Challenger Approaching" suggest that he will be an unlockable character, or is it just an image for the site? I'd prefer the "secret" (ie not starter) characters to remain secret until I got to unlock them... Also, do all the characters from Fire Emblem look the same, save for the colour schemes, or is it just coincidental that the characters being put into the SSB series look rather similar? Spare me the hate, I haven't gotten a chance to play the games yet :P

I think the banner is just a confirmation that this is, in fact, a new character announcement. Without it, people might be skeptical and wonder if we're getting another assist trophy.

I think the banner is just a confirmation that this is, in fact, a new character announcement. Without it, people might be skeptical and wonder if we're getting another assist trophy.

That's what the little "character" icon in the top-right is for. Plus he's added to the list of characters, so I don't think there'd be any confusion in that aspect.

Regardless, it would be terrible if they revealed unlockable characters before the game is released.

That's what the little "character" icon in the top-right is for. Plus he's added to the list of characters, so I don't think there'd be any confusion in that aspect.

Regardless, it would be terrible if they revealed unlockable characters before the game is released.

That would be terrible, but you never really know what's going through crazy Japanese game developers' heads.

EDIT: Notice that when you go to Ike's entry through the Characters page, that banner doesn't appear? I think if Sakurai meant for that banner to signify that he's a hidden character, it would be consistent. I'm really sure this is just Sakurai's way of being dramatic about the new character announcement. You know some cheesy greasy fanboys wouldn't believe their eyes if that wasn't there to help break the news.

two words....FUCK...YEAH!!!!

I don't think Marth will be in Brawl.

It's more likely that Ike is Roy's replacement, since Aether pretty much is a jazzed-up Flare Blade.

I'd prefer Lyn, but it's better than Marth and Roy. I just hope Aether looks freaking badass.

*Points to sig*

There's still hope...

well to me, when i got the page up it seemed more like a spoiler warning banner. cause that's all i could see, and i had to scroll down to see it.

maybe those who do not want to have the secrets revealed shouldn't look at the site. otherwise don't complain if it is unlockable people.

well to me, when i got the page up it seemed more like a spoiler warning banner. cause that's all i could see, and i had to scroll down to see it.

maybe those who do not want to have the secrets revealed shouldn't look at the site. otherwise don't complain if it is unlockable people.

What the hell kind of resolution are you using? There's no excuse for anything like 640x480 or even 800x600 these days, and it's very very unlikely that the site is designed for such a low resolution, so your... experience is completely of your own accord

I read that Sakurai didn't show unlockable characters profiles until after the game, so Ike is pretty much not unlockable. I think Mete-Knight is an unlockable and Snake is too, thats why we haven't seen their profiles yet.

ANyways, I wonder if Ike's Ragnell can shoot stuff out like it did in POR.

Aether is Ike's Uber move from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.

It's a two part attack. He jumps up with his sword (Like marth/roy's B-up) then comes crashing down on them, kind of like Kirby's B-up.

But most importantly, in FE:PoR, this move HEALS Ike for about half the damage it does. You can literally have him do missions solo because of this.

Sorry if I wasn't clear on my point. I have played the game, I know the awesomeness that is Aether. I just hope that Brawl gives it justice. It'll probably be his final smash? So it actually might heal him but only hit a single target?

My post wasn't aimed at you. It was to explain the mentioned move for those who haven't played the game.

It's about time a new character was announced! I myself have never played Fire Emblem, but I have heard greatness about it. And besides, that didn't stop me from owning it up as Marth/Roy in Melee. Ike looks about eighty times more badass, if only for his giant glowing sword.

Roy is my roommate favorite character in Melee, and I love when the swordman says something like "Sangriaaaa" (private joke between my roommate, Doulifee and me when we fight all the night >_>)

I love too the sound when Link's and Roy's swords hit each other...

I wonder what will say Ike when fighting (other than "Yaaah" stuff)

xD

Back to Touhou for now...

This is what I was waiting for.

Now I can stop staying up late every night! I can finally go to bed! Sleep is mine once again!

I hope his Lord appearance is available as a costume change, though.

But... one wonders... they had two Emblem characters last time...

I've got my fingers crossed for Hector, Lyndis, Myrrh and the Black Knight. (Though Myrrh could probably be an assist trophy, eh?)

What the hell kind of resolution are you using? There's no excuse for anything like 640x480 or even 800x600 these days, and it's very very unlikely that the site is designed for such a low resolution, so your... experience is completely of your own accord

Wow... talk about over-reaction! this just shows what a complete douche you truly are.

For your information, the resolution that am using for my screen is 1280 x 800.

and I'm pretty sure that's "acceptable" in 21st century.

So why don't you just go home and be quiet, you assclown.