Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Maybe for Ike's final smash he'll change into his Lord class for a bit, or for just long enough to deliver the attack.

But Ike couldn't use Aether if he wasn't in his Lord Class already :)

I knew Aether wouldn't be his final smash, but now you have to wonder what will be 0_0;

The only other thing his uber weapon could do is shoot out shockwaves, so maybe that.

The eruption thing (most likely the same as roy's neutral B) seems out of place for Ike.

Still, pretty awesome character and looking forward to trying him out.

The eruption thing (most likely the same as roy's neutral B) seems out of place for Ike.

In the picture Ike has his sword sheathed in the ground, which leads me to believe it's never going to have an attack arc (unlike Roy's). Instead once he plunges it there it'll cause a wall of fire in front of him, and likely wider, taller, or both when charged.

Also, I bet he's impervious to knockback while performing Aether because they don't want to have Ike and his sword separated, and this looks more fitting than having the sword mysteriously hover over Ike as he gets knocked across the stage.

Seems likely to me as well.

My, Samus sure is taking a beating. C'mon Samus, hit 'im back!

ike_070807d.jpg

He’s not flinching?!

Aim lower, dummy!

Anyone notice Bowser's expression when he's getting hit? And Samus' body language - just from the still shots you can tell the character animation is gonna look amazing.

That's cool.

Interesting that some characters will be invulnerable from flying away during attacks.

Shortly after the sword he won't flinch. Wow, but if he's invulnerable with his triple jump... wow... that can really help in getting back to the level when you've been knocked off. That's a REALLY good ability to have, it will change the dynamics of edge-guarding a little when playing against Ike.

Additionally, battles with heavy characters are going to be really interesting now with that no flinching deal. Cool. Even though they've always been real powerful, I always thought that heavy characters were at a disadvantage to the lighter characters just because their slowness really hindered their ability to fight back. An increased damage taking ability will really improve them. That's the most interesting part of this update I think..... okay, well, that an Aether. =)

And I also have to give props on the character animations. They LOOK good so far... reallllly good, but as fast as Smash Bros is, I wonder if we'll even notice them.

I hope Princess Peach will return. I saw her in that 42 second video on the website and that may mean she'll come back. iIhope she will. She's my favorite character in SSBM. :-)

I think that's a given. Her (kind of) new outfit is pretty snazzy-looking too.

Also, please don't make your posts pink again...they're hard to read.

That's cool.

Interesting that some characters will be invulnerable from flying away during attacks.

Shortly after the sword he won't flinch. Wow, but if he's invulnerable with his triple jump... wow... that can really help in getting back to the level when you've been knocked off. That's a REALLY good ability to have, it will change the dynamics of edge-guarding a little when playing against Ike.

Additionally, battles with heavy characters are going to be really interesting now with that no flinching deal. Cool. Even though they've always been real powerful, I always thought that heavy characters were at a disadvantage to the lighter characters just because their slowness really hindered their ability to fight back. An increased damage taking ability will really improve them. That's the most interesting part of this update I think..... okay, well, that an Aether. =)

And I also have to give props on the character animations. They LOOK good so far... reallllly good, but as fast as Smash Bros is, I wonder if we'll even notice them.

I think it's pretty stupid, it's just going to make the character better for scrubs since they won't need to know how to sweet spot or anything

In the picture Ike has his sword sheathed in the ground, which leads me to believe it's never going to have an attack arc (unlike Roy's). Instead once he plunges it there it'll cause a wall of fire in front of him, and likely wider, taller, or both when charged.

I wonder if Eruption will have a special hit zone for the sword, as well as the fire. Like how Young Link's down-stab hit differently if you (miraculously) hit someone with the pommel of the sword.

I think it's pretty stupid, it's just going to make the character better for scrubs since they won't need to know how to sweet spot or anything

The non-flinching might not even be as powerful as Yoshi's non-flinching double jump. Did Yoshi's double jump make him unfair and better than everyone else, and... what is "sweet spot" used as a verb?

What's this, a character that has a move that may make it better for beginners??? =O What on Earth were they thinking!?!!

[/overreaction]

It may not have an arc, but it is possible to charge it, and Sakurai did say something like "Try for a single-stroke finishing blow with his mighty blade!".

Of course he could still be referring to Aether, but a single stroke finisher on up+B seems...unbalanced?

Still, I think what you think about the eruption attack itself, increasing in size and all. It's a cool attack, but not very Ike-ish. 0_0

EDIT 2: Hold on... if Aether's his Up B, then what's his Final Smash?...

Greil Mercenaries combo! Soren, Oscar, Titania and Rhys all appear and help Ike with some sort of combo ala one of Captain Commando's Finishers in MvC1(and possibly 2. Haven't played that one in ages)

The non-flinching might not even be as powerful as Yoshi's non-flinching double jump. Did Yoshi's double jump make him unfair and better than everyone else, and... what is "sweet spot" used as a verb?

What's this, a character that has a move that may make it better for beginners??? =O What on Earth were they thinking!?!!

[/overreaction]

Yoshi fucking pisses me off whenever I play one, YES THIS IS ANNOYING

Beginners lol

Don't know how I feel about this one..... I mean, the Kid Icarus music isn't the greatest, but compared to some of the themes we've already heard in Melee and from Brawl, this is isn't sounding too great imo.

Yep, I have to agree, of all the songs I've heard this one I like the least... the main theme was okay, but the graveyard and death song I didn't like too much.

Kinda sounds like something I might have heard in an upper echelon N64 title. :-/

There are better renditions of this song elsewhere....

I love ya Sakurai, my man, but I'm not not diggin this update. Try again.

Oddly, I like this arrangement quite a lot. Then again, the source material carries the song pretty far. Admittedly, the instrumentation is rather meh. (no nostalgia here btw, played Kid Icarus for the first time when it hit the VC)

midi midi midi midi midi midi midi midi midi midi midi midi midi midi midi midi midi midi midi midi midi midi midi midi midi midi

I hope Princess Peach will return. I saw her in that 42 second video on the website and that may mean she'll come back. iIhope she will. She's my favorite character in SSBM. :-)

my eyes

they burn