Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Yoshi fucking pisses me off whenever I play one, YES THIS IS ANNOYING

Beginners lol

Yoshi has that invulnerability to make up for lacking a third jump.

Oh yeah, the song was ok, I mean the sound was pretty bad but I liked the composition (except for the end, that was pretty terrible).

Sakurai himself seems a bit insecure about certain things.

"You might imagine it to be a bit forced, but I think it sounds quite good."

I would expect someone like this, on a site like this, for a game like this to really be behind everything 100%. It's interesting how his first thought is "well people may think it's forced...". That's the last thing on my mind had it not been for him saying it.

I think he said simillar things on other topics as well.

Kind of like, making a joke about yourself before anyone else does, as a self defense thing...

Oh well. Sometimes I wonder if it really is him in the first place...

Sakurai himself seems a bit insecure about certain things.

"You might imagine it to be a bit forced, but I think it sounds quite good."

I would expect someone like this, on a site like this, for a game like this to really be behind everything 100%. It's interesting how his first thought is "well people may think it's forced...". That's the last thing on my mind had it not been for him saying it.

I think he said simillar things on other topics as well.

Kind of like, making a joke about yourself before anyone else does, as a self defense thing...

Oh well. Sometimes I wonder if it really is him in the first place...

he said you might Imagine it to be forced, as in, before listening to the song, yo remember the three songs he mentioned and they don't quite sound like they would fit together. I did imagine the three songs and they did sounded they would be forced together, but after listening to the mix I thought they sounded good, as sakurai himself stated. He is not saying that they sound forced, just that some people would think they would sound forced together.

well we've heard what, 3, 4 songs? I don't remember well but if melee is any indication we'll have one song for each game plus other extras thrown in, plus menu themes, adventure mode songs and many others. They've only shown demos so far, and the only song we've heard completely was the one composed by Uematsu for the presentation.

I'd say, hold on to your socks, because when the game comes out the music will surely deliver. They won't tout their list of musicians if they weren't going to deliver something worth of their fame. I don't think an artist like Mitsuda would make a crappy song for the game and call it a day.

I think it would be nice if these were just renders of the compositions and they were going to have it all actually orchestrated and recorded for the game.

Actually, I think it would be more than nice. It's a must. Personal taste about the arrangement aside, the Icarus song is just plan low quality sound wise. And that's not the only one (though I absolutely love the zelda one) They have to be orchestrated, this must be demos...

please?

Actually, I think it would be more than nice. It's a must. Personal taste about the arrangement aside, the Icarus song is just plan low quality sound wise. And that's not the only one (though I absolutely love the zelda one) They have to be orchestrated, this must be demos...

please?

You do realize that about 90% of Melee is "not" orchestrated? And yes, I do think that these are not the final arrangements.

I don't really notice anything wrong with the song. But maybe I just don't have quite the standards some of you guys do.

And I swear I recall hearing something about a good portion of the music being orchestrated. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

And I swear I recall hearing something about a good portion of the music being orchestrated. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

I remember people saying the same thing about Twilight Princess, and look how that turned out. Some songs were recorded, but a vast majority were MIDIs. It wasn't bad at all, though. Brawl's music should be good, even if it's not orchestrated.

As do I. It was when the e3 trailer was first revealed. Hopefully these updates are just so that we know what the arrangements will sound like if they do get orchestrated, then recorded. Also, when I heard the Kid Icarus theme, I didn't think it would fit the level at all, but when I listened to the song and looked at the images on the previous update, it matched really nice.

Yeah the whole Twilight Princess recorded vs. midi thing does pop up in my head... I mean, I love TP, don't get me wrong, but there's a difference between the midi style classics from the Zelda series and some really nice recorded styles, like from, say, Shadow of the Colossus, and Smash Bros Melee.

I feel like Nintendo has kind of fallen down a peg. I certainly hope they use real recordings as opposed to a MIDI version, because its just so much more dynamic and high quality. Brawl will be a great game, but when a developer has gone the extra mile to hire an orchestra and other musicians to get the themes really hammered out, it just makes the game that much more appealing... that much more refined and polished. I mean, I mentioned Shadow of the Colossus earlier; the music in that game REALLY adds to the entire package, it gives it that extra bit of polish that makes it a stellar game.

I feel like most of Nintendo's games are a little behind the curve in this respect. There are exceptions that prove the rule, but ... generally speaking, Nintendo reeeally prefers midi over live recordings.

... I do wonder if the music they're releasing on the website is final and merely an arrangement of what a live recording will end up.

Anyway, if the music isn't live, since they're more or less saving money by not having to hire live musicians, I hope that they're at least using that cash to make the game better in other aspects. If we get a ridiculously stellar game and a midi soundtrack I'm cool with that. The way its turning out, Brawl is already looking real awesome.

The desire for live recordings is an American cultural aspect derived from our history with Cinema. Japan grew up differently and doesn't consider orchestration as important.

Neither synthetic music nor orchestras are inherently better than another. Some artists are simply more capable of composing (in this case adapting) their music more in one style than another.

Brawl's music right now strikes me as an oddity. The music is composed in an orchestrated style, but performed with syths that don't sound very balanced. They must be works in progress, to be either orchestrated or equalized.