Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I remember people saying the same thing about Twilight Princess, and look how that turned out. Some songs were recorded, but a vast majority were MIDIs. It wasn't bad at all, though. Brawl's music should be good, even if it's not orchestrated.

There are midi's in TP? Huh?

News to me.

Maybe the next song should be played by the world's smallest violin.

No, that'd be too low quality for these sticklers.

BTW, I enjoyed the music. As I've only gotten to level 3 on Icarus on VC, I've heard this music alot. And, to my untrained ears, it sounds quite awesome.

Like an AT? That'd be cool, but then the whole stage wouldn't be all trippy.

But... that's where Wario's "WarioWare" themed level would come in..... it'd be trippy too!

/alliteration

EDIT: The music. Let me put my 2 cents down. They gave us stellar music in Melee and I want that same calibur of awesomeness to return. Synthesized music is often kind of bland and not nearly as expressive as the real thing... because it's not real. THEY CAN BE though... I'm cool with midi's, but make them damn good midi's... the Ocarina Medley on the SmashBros site was amazing, but.... this Kid Icarus one... not so much. Again I'm cool with Midi's as long as they're GOOD. Seriously, towards the end of the Kid Icarus song it sounds like a midi that someone has applied soundfonts to at the end... no lie. All those orchestra hits and stuff. I just don't want the audio quality from the second game to drop down a peg as the new one comes out. And I doubt that will happen, but... yeah, it does feel a little forced.

That's all I'm saying.

Am I the only one tired of seeing people saying, here and elsewhere, that the music is too happy? Have you even played any of the other Smash games? Have you ever played a Yoshi level or Kirby level? Oh and of course, the Mario 64 Rainbow Cruise music is really battle oriented!

I just wonder if these people have ever played a Smash game before when they run their mouths in such a manner.

haha!! PIT!!

this is pretty cool, I can dig it. So they come out dash at people and attack. that's cool.

I'm glad we're seeing some final smashes that aren't just uber versions of special attacks. Now some cool interesting things.

I'm diggin Palutena. Look at those little Centurions... they're all over the background and everything... I bet this is one Final Smash that looks great in motion... I bet the pics don't do it justice. :)

I'm digging it.

Edit.... I'm kind of wondering if Palutena is a 3D model or a 2D image.... *shrugs*

Wait...from the new sheilding animations without the bubble does this mean you can be hit from behind if you're sheilding forward?

If that is true, the game will be SO FUCKING BROKEN

Don't stir up commotion like this. It is really bad for this thread, especially knowing how fucking jumpy the people that post here are.

Wait...from the new sheilding animations without the bubble does this mean you can be hit from behind if you're sheilding forward?

I don't see any shields.

pit_070809d-l.jpg

If you're talking about this, it looks more like the effect used when people attacked at the same time in Melee.

I don't see any shields.

If you're talking about this, it looks more like the effect used when people attacked at the same time in Melee.

Well, everyone had a blocking animation in Melee, just the bubble obscured it. Meh, I just thought it was one of those hard last minute shield usages where you hear like a thud upon impact and see no bubble. It could be Ike pulling up his sword after Aether and not reacting to the damage too.

It's vanity shot... that's all it is.

EDIT: The music. Let me put my 2 cents down. They gave us stellar music in Melee and I want that same calibur of awesomeness to return. Synthesized music is often kind of bland and not nearly as expressive as the real thing... because it's not real. THEY CAN BE though... I'm cool with midi's, but make them damn good midi's... the Ocarina Medley on the SmashBros site was amazing, but.... this Kid Icarus one... not so much. Again I'm cool with Midi's as long as they're GOOD. Seriously, towards the end of the Kid Icarus song it sounds like a midi that someone has applied soundfonts to at the end... no lie. All those orchestra hits and stuff. I just don't want the audio quality from the second game to drop down a peg as the new one comes out. And I doubt that will happen, but... yeah, it does feel a little forced.

That's all I'm saying.

Gotta throw a fact down: Recordings of real instruments don't sound like the real instruments. You don't get the room-filling vibracity even with lossless recording. A recording of a violin isn't a violin. It's a musical illusion of one. That said, synths in live recordings are on the same level. However, live recordings phrase themselves naturally while synths need to be meticulously designed as such.

Well, everyone had a blocking animation in Melee, just the bubble obscured it. Meh, I just thought it was one of those hard last minute shield usages where you hear like a thud upon impact and see no bubble. It could be Ike pulling up his sword after Aether and not reacting to the damage too.

It's vanity shot... that's all it is.

I would have to agree with Makai. It looks like Ike and that Centurion just happened to land an attack at exactly the same time. The effect you are talking about Strike911, looked more like dust bouncing off of the character than a bubble like the photo.