Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Too bad she doesn't have her own character.

She'll prolly be a character because...

A. Every game has at least two playable characters (Excluding Game and Watch because he sucks, and Ice Climbers because they're the only two characters in the game... but that's two so i dunno)

B. Palutena is pretty damn awesome.

and

C. Check B.

I'm a bit of a lurker, but I check this topic every time i get done checking an update, I have to say that this game is shaping up to be one of the best games ever, I have yet to see anything I really can gripe about.

Hopefully we get an epic Friday, Updates this week have been have been ok, But im looking forward to something big.

Am I the only one tired of seeing people saying, here and elsewhere, that the music is too happy? Have you even played any of the other Smash games? Have you ever played a Yoshi level or Kirby level? Oh and of course, the Mario 64 Rainbow Cruise music is really battle oriented!

True. When this stuff gets brought up I always remember a lot of Capcom's fighting games in the last 5 years... it's all jazzy and not the first kind of music you would originally expect in a game devoted entirely to fighting. Things will mesh well, I'm comfortable knowing that it's worked in the past.

She'll prolly be a character because...

A. Every game has at least two playable characters (Excluding Game and Watch because he sucks, and Ice Climbers because they're the only two characters in the game... but that's two so i dunno)

B. Palutena is pretty damn awesome.

and

C. Check B.

I'm really doubting playable characters would show up in other characters' final smashes. This for the same reason I really doubt playable characters would show up in stage backgrounds (Nook in Smashville => Nook's not playable). Unless someone can dig up a situation of which I'm not aware in which a playable Smasha has some other in-match appearance? Really, I'd like to know if there is such an instance, cause I can't think of one.

I'm really doubting playable characters would show up in other characters' final smashes. This for the same reason I really doubt playable characters would show up in stage backgrounds (Nook in Smashville => Nook's not playable). Unless someone can dig up a situation of which I'm not aware in which a playable Smasha has some other in-match appearance? Really, I'd like to know if there is such an instance, cause I can't think of one.

Aside from Captain Falcon being run over his own car, and that's kinda stretching it...

I'm pretty sure you can't pull of Fox/Falco's alternate taunt if both are on the field, too.

Alright all you Mother fans out there. You tell me, what's this badge got to do with reflecting projectiles? I've never played the game.
Gladly.

The Franklin Badge reflects lightning attacks. It is received shortly before fighting the leader of the Happy Happy Cultists, Mr. Carpainter, who mainly used PSI lightning attacks. However, this picture on the website differs significantly from the plainer one seen in the Earthbound strategy guide...

And this does pretty much confirm Ness's return.

EDIT: Is Pikachu's Thunderbolt considered projectile? I could see a potential inconsistency here.

Im pretty sure that thunderbolt attack isn't a projectile...

I think the simplest way to put it is that the Franklin Badge will protect you from things that could be reflected by Fox (...or absorbed by Ness... or also reflected by Zelda). >_<

Theoretically though, if we were going to be REALLY story sensitive it would make the holder immune to most everything Pikachu's got, but there's no way in hell that's happening.

cool. I'm diggin' the fact that you kind of wear this item. It's kind of like the bunny ears, but ... more wearable.

This kind of makes me hope for more wearable items that have various enhancement and such. :)

However, this picture on the website differs significantly from the plainer one seen in the Earthbound strategy guide...

That's because it's based on the promotional badge that was sold with copies of Mother 3 in Japan, rather than the in-game one from EB. Though technically the badge is a reprint of the one they sold with Mother 1, but still.

Possible proof we'll see an M3 character then?