Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Wasn't the Franklin Badge from the SNES Earthbound or something? I'm sure you got it after you defeated the weird blue paint cult leader :o.

It also played a more turning point-important role in Mother 3.

But yeah, as far as items go, the Franklin Badge is 'fuck yeah' -epic-.

I'd also say that, even if unlikely, this only guarentees the return of a main Mother character. Just because I know if they re-skin Ness into Lucas, even if he plays the same, there's gonna be a bit of bitching.

I'd also say that, even if unlikely, this only guarentees the return of a main Mother character. Just because I know if they re-skin Ness into Lucas, even if he plays the same, there's gonna be a bit of bitching.

Unless in the next couple months Nintendo somehow decides to release a localized Mother 3 on the Virtual Console. I'm not holding my breath in the slightest, but that would be pretty amazing.

Either way, I'm excited about the inclusion of the Franklin Badge. A memorable item with an interesting gameplay effect is quite welcome.

Apperantly Coro Coro magazine announced the release for Smash in Japan (Nov 22) and it has comfirmed WiFi for this game. Though could still be rough translation but hopefully this is true.

link: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179073

If that is true then I, Neonlare, will knock you all down! (Once I get Wi-Fi working in my house :/) Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the Space Emissary thing, hopefully it won't play out like a really bad Fan-Fic :S.

[EDIT]

Don't understand why there's a Super Smash Brothers Melee screenshot of Termina in the IGN page though :/. (15)

I wonder if this affects your OWN projectiles?

Assuming Ness is in the game, would this block your own third "jump"?

Throw a bob-omb up, let it hit you. What happens?

What about the other odd stuff Fox's reflector worked against, like crates and barrels (they bust, but no knockback in melee)?

This update is awesome not only in the fact that the Franklin Badge is being included but it's a sign that a Mother character will be in the game. I know it's kind of stupid to think that they wouldn't include one, but I was starting to worry a little bit. Ness is my main character!

On the topic of those new pictures...Link has counter now?

I can't really tell from that picture... but if link has some of the wicked techniques he had in TP like helm splitter or mortal draw, that would be F***n sweet.

This update is awesome not only in the fact that the Franklin Badge is being included but it's a sign that a Mother character will be in the game. I know it's kind of stupid to think that they wouldn't include one, but I was starting to worry a little bit. Ness is my main character!

I remember reading (I think the original Dojo site) that the original 12 will be in Brawl. So that means Ness should be in it.

I wonder...

remember how Fox's reflector shield would hit players it they'd run into it?

Would the Badge work the same?

No, he said only projectiles, so I'm going to assume that he means only that.

Although, it'd be funny if throwing someone into you counted as a projectile :P

My wife had the brilliant idea to finally record some of our matches with our digital camera. This is my first time editing videos to present to an audience, so keep that in mind!

<- Great match

<- Great match

Any criticisms or comments would be greatly appreciated.