Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Thanks. Yeah, my Roy has been languishing for years. I lose more matches than I win with him.

Quick question: I've been searching for these vids on youtube through the search engine, but I can't find them. Anyone know why they wouldn't show up?

I think it's because the videos are relatively new, and the site search index hasn't been updated to include those tags, etc.

EDIT: YouTube say so here. Nice videos, though. The only suggestion I can make is getting the video out from the TV to your camera, if your camera has those ports... better than taking video of the screen. Nice music choices. You two are pretty close in skill, I guess?

My wife had the brilliant idea to finally record some of our matches with our digital camera. This is my first time editing videos to present to an audience, so keep that in mind!

<- Great match

<- Great match

Any criticisms or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Much respect here.

Your videos here remind me of when I started getting decent at the game. Your technical prowess is great but you're playing too fast in the sense that you're mostly tapping into your technical ability but hardly having any mind games. Your opponents movements are far more reserved than you and was still able to keep up neck to neck most of the time. I say slow down a bit... your constant aggressive movement keeps you getting hit frequently. Other than that, I like what I see and I'd actually wouldn't mind having a match against you at some point.

P.S. On the G&W video, I definitely went "OH SHIT" at the up-tilt flag to 9-Sign K.O. combo near the beginning. ::thumbs up::

Edit: That's your wife you're playing?! She plays smart. Much respect for her too. If she picks up your technical ability, then honestly I think you'd be pretty screwed. XD

Much respect here.

Your videos here remind me of when I started getting decent at the game. Your technical prowess is great but you're playing too fast in the sense that you're mostly tapping into your technical ability but hardly having any mind games. Your opponents movements are far more reserved than you and was still able to keep up neck to neck most of the time. I say slow down a bit... your constant aggressive movement keeps you getting hit frequently. Other than that, I like what I see and I'd actually wouldn't mind having a match against you at some point.

P.S. On the G&W video, I definitely went "OH SHIT" at the up-tilt flag to 9-Sign K.O. combo near the beginning. ::thumbs up::

Edit: That's your wife you're playing?! She plays smart. Much respect for her too. If she picks up your technical ability, then honestly I think you'd be pretty screwed. XD

It's so true. I get too aggressive and I end up losing to people that I shouldn't. Do you have any specific tips regarding mindgames and controlling the tempo of the match, because I feel that's one area that I need alot of help.

And yeah, my wife is well on her way to being much better than me soon!

I'd say you move too much when you should be attacking, and at times (especally with IC) you're not going for a "safe" approach you just kinda run in headfirst

You're great with IC once you get a grab in, you just need to get those grabs more often. Try sheild grabbing more, when your opponent sheilds WD into dsmash to grab, just try and get it going

Welp, I'm off to Crete for two weeks so I'll be missing these updates :(, what I'm gonna miss most though is being able to read you guys make silly posts about even sillier conspiracy theories :P. Ciao all! - Neonlare - Random Internet Guy (RIG).

PS. Yes I stole your flame Jack Kieser, and it was hot.

My wife had the brilliant idea to finally record some of our matches with our digital camera. This is my first time editing videos to present to an audience, so keep that in mind!

<- Great match

<- Great match

Any criticisms or comments would be greatly appreciated.

I've only watched the Peach/Yoshi one thus far... but holy poo. You two are FAR batter than I expected to see. You're lucky to have someone, ESPECIALY you WIFE who can match you pretty well skill wise. People I know just don't know how to play well... and I'm never gonna get better. lol

Great vids.

All I can say about this update is....what the fuck?

No, not as in "What they fuck were they thinking", but as a literal "What the fuck is this?"

I am greatly confused.

Learning how to use Ash is going to take time itself. I am avoiding using that character at all costs. Learning a strat with one character is tough as it is, but 3? Yeesh.

I always thought they would use Ash if they put a trainer in the games, not a non-name. Part of me was looking forward to it.

At least this time the player can't just stick around with one and ignore the other forms like a Zelda (I mean Sheik) player could. Can't imagine that anyone would want to play as a Squirtle regularly.

Actually, I can't imagine anyone would want to play as Squirtle at all. A Wartortle at least sounds cooler.

This is the first one that I am genuinely curious about how alternate costumes are going to look. What will the Pokemon wear? Will they change colors like Mewtwo?

... dude, it's going to be rock paper scissors thing. Squirtle will probably be all speed and the weaker of the three. Ivysaur will be balanced between speed and attack power, Charizard will be all heavy powerful yet slow attacks. That's how it will be. I have forseen the truth in my mind's eye!

I am a little sad that it's not Ash, but here's hoping for an alternate color scheme wear he's got an Ash look. :)

I hope we can hear the trainer scream out commands.... ^_^ awesome times.

EDIT: I'm kind of afraid to ponder how the Final Smash will work.........