Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

personally i think it is quite interesting, it's more than just collecting and they haven't revealed the full use of it yet.

BUT.

I hope this isn't replacing the trophys. :( I LOVE those things. I can spend hours looking at them from different agles, admiring the artwork, design, en technical side (trying to figure out the amount of polys, and how it works together with the textures to create something that looks more high poly than it actually is)

I mean damn, I loved that feature. This is just.. meh. I know all that artwork, I look at manuals and cases.

Would it be stupid to fear that they replace something like trophies?

No, like me, you hope this :(

From en development point of view, it makes sense to not do it agian, or change it. Melee contained so much content that it is hard to do it again with all new ones.

About the stickers, I hope do do other things than what's shown on the screens, because that's just cheap. Those are all promotional images. We've been bombarded to dead by those, don't have to see them yet again.

What would be cool though, is if there was a lot of concept art stickers in there. You know, original artwork by Miyamoto (very cute drawingstyle, yet you barely ever see his work) and other members. That would have a novelty feature like the trophies. The "cool look what i found!!" feeling. Unlike the "ah, a Strikers image, the same as in the manual, webbanners, and store promotional posters and cardboards" feeling. :D

I don't know about anyone else, but this update is neither awesome nor lame to me. Trophies were pretty much pointless in Melee, and these look to be about as frivolous, so it doesn't make a difference which it is (or if it's both).

I was just making of those people who say the updates are lame... I think this one is pretty awesome, I just hope these don't replace the trophies.

I dont think they'll replace trophies because sakurai says "They'll be easier to find THAN trophies" or something along those lines, so my guess is that trophies will remain in the game. After all, thats the premise of the single player mode right, trophies?

Sweet. Lots more potential for creativity here than trophies ever provided.

The naysayers are just mad that they can't look up Zelda's skirt anymore.

What can I say, I take it however I can get it, HOWEVER I CAN GET IT, HEHE!

[/uncle Earl]