Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Am I the only one who thinks these things are going to be hard as hell to see/find?

Yes. From the look of the variety on the pages shown, there must be hundreds, maybe over a thousand of those things. Completely random little stickers. Plus, Sakurai said they will be easier to find than trophies. It may likely give stickers every time you defeat one of those subspace emissary thingies. Sort of like a coin match.

Who plays those?

Yes. From the look of the variety on the pages shown, there must be hundreds, maybe over a thousand of those things. Completely random little stickers. Plus, Sakurai said they will be easier to find than trophies. It may likely give stickers every time you defeat one of those subspace emissary thingies. Sort of like a coin match.

Who plays those?

Everyone that wanted the trophy for 100 coins matches :P

I can see it now...

Oh great, so I'm playing a game and my friend is going to be trying to get back on. I'll totally be ready to edge gaurd him and win, BUT WAIT! There, over on the other end of the map. It's a sticker. I run over and grab it. YES! Another sticker for my collection. Oh crap oh crap, he's back on. NO! I just lost! Stupid sticker. Stupid stupid sticker.

I can see it now...

Oh great, so I'm playing a game and my friend is going to be trying to get back on. I'll totally be ready to edge gaurd him and win, BUT WAIT! There, over on the other end of the map. It's a sticker. I run over and grab it. YES! Another sticker for my collection. Oh crap oh crap, he's back on. NO! I just lost! Stupid sticker. Stupid stupid sticker.

Don't mix up single player and multiplayer in smash. I can't even fathom disregarding a KO for some single player reward in melee. I've been playing competitive for so long though... I've forgotten what it's like to care about trophies.

Neato!!! I'm so glad to see more characters with this ability.

I always loved playing as Link with that hookshot... Sheik should also have this ability with her whip and all.

I always hoped that some crappy character (like Bowser) would get an awesome recovery of climbing a wall .... maybe with his claws... you know, the way Wolverine used to do it in the old Genesis X-Men games. Just sink your claws into the side of a wall and make a climb up. Maybe as you ascend you'd slow down in a few seconds and eventually fall, making it kind of a last ditch move like the hookshot or grapple hook.

Seriously, I love this, they need more "special" kinds of recovery moves like the hookshot and plasma whip ( was that what Sakurai called it?). For real.

Cool update.

Zero Suit Samus keeps sounding better and better with every update!

This one was a "cliffhanger" indeed :-x

I always hoped that some crappy character (like Bowser) would get an awesome recovery of climbing a wall .... maybe with his claws... you know, the way Wolverine used to do it in the old Genesis X-Men games.

That, or a "slowly slide down the wall" thing like you do in Megaman X games, would be great. Of course, it might also be a little unfair for certain characters, in certain stages... Before we know it there'll be a new technique update: "Wall Sliding"

So, if Zero Suit Samus's B-up is the whip, can she still do a triple jump? Will she still be able to do that "mode switch" thingy with her gun (that thing she does in the trailer)?

At least I'm now rather convinced that the Zero Suit form will be a selectable character. Hopefully Sheik will end up being a secret character completely separate from Zelda, and Zelda will get a fourth special move =D I want light arrows!!

Yes, she shot Donkey Kong with her gun in the Franklin Badge update.

Yes, but that doesn't mean you manually switch between the two functions - it could simply be two separate moves. It'd be kind of weird if Samus lost her recovery move by switching to gun mode... then nobody would use the gun as a gun.... besides people who want to show off, or are guarding an edge in a one on one match, confident they will not get knocked down themselves. Unless the gun is REALLY good.

People... You're thinking about the little animation from the Nintendo World 2006 video? (about halfway through, right after ZSS is introduced)

It's just an idle animation. Different moves just utilize the gun or whip functions. There's no need to make this any more complicated than it needs to be. Occam's Razor.

EDIT: I'm more confused by this:

"Moves like that can be pretty thrilling. And it’s not exclusive to Zero Suit Samus... Other characters can do it, too!"

Others can do it too? Uh, how? Does he specifically mean the Plasma whip latch on? (like, ZSS's gun becomes an item - kind of like the armor when it falls off.) Or just that there will be moves/an item that has a similar functionality?

Others can do it too? Uh, how? Does he specifically mean the Plasma whip latch on? (like, ZSS's gun becomes an item - kind of like the armor when it falls off.) Or just that there will be moves/an item that have a similar functionality?

You talk about Occam's Razor and then make up silly crackpot theories? >:3