Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

The fact that he gives it a name--Tether Recovery--and says, "Moves like that can be pretty thrilling... Other can do it, too!" makes it very plain that several characters will have similar techniques. Otherwise, this would have been a Characters update for ZSS's special moves, not a Techniques update.

And then there's this "prophecy" that's been going around on GameFAQs since Monday morning. The poster refused to give sources.

• There are 34 playable characters (excluding transformations).

• There are 20 starting characters, 14 hidden characters.

• Six characters have been removed from the last game.

• One of the "Original 12" has been removed.

• There are 15 newcomers (excluding transformations).

• All but one of the represented franchises from Super Smash Bros. Melee will be returning.

• Two character profiles will be revealed this coming week at the DOJO!! (one veteran and one newcomer)

He did predict the updates, but nothing is all that incredible about foretelling two character profile updates. I call BS, but the ideas are plausible.

I don't think anyone would be all that surprised if they canned Doc, Roy, G&W, Young Link, and Pichu. One of the originals would be more surprising, and my money would be on either Jigglypuff or Ness (in favor of a Mother 3 character). POSSIBLY Luigi.

I will call upon Armageddon if they touch Captain Falcon.

Haha, for serious. He's the one I use the most. The one thing I'd support them changing is making the side-B just a little bit more powerful (but still hitting up). Also I was really hoping they'd add in Samurai Goroh as a character, but he just wound up as an assist trophy.

And then there's this "prophecy" that's been going around on GameFAQs since Monday morning. The poster refused to give sources.

He did predict the updates, but nothing is all that incredible about foretelling two character profile updates. I call BS, but the ideas are plausible.

Yeah, I find it a little bit doubtful that one of the originals will be taken out.

Haha, for serious. He's the one I use the most. The one thing I'd support them changing is making the side-B just a little bit more powerful (but still hitting up). Also I was really hoping they'd add in Samurai Goroh as a character, but he just wound up as an assist trophy.

Makes three of us. I'd hate to see Cap. Falcon go.

I don't think anyone would be all that surprised if they canned Doc, Roy, G&W, Young Link, and Pichu. One of the originals would be more surprising, and my money would be on either Jigglypuff or Ness (in favor of a Mother 3 character). POSSIBLY Luigi.

Young Link will return. In an interview Sakurai said it...

The six characters that can be removed could be:

Marth (replaced with Ike)

Dr. Mario

Falco Lombardi

Pichu

Roy

Mr. Game & Watch / Ice Climbers (and naturally, their universe)

However...the prophecy can't be right because the "Original 12" are still there...