Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

man, they jacked with the way the hookshot *ahem* I mean 'clawshot' fires... hell...

it was not hard to aim... *grumble grumble*

I liked how some official moves were a little tougher to use with precision in melee. I always had the hookshot thing down and could hit it right where I wanted it every time, but I'm a little sad that now it'll all be the same n00b moves that everyone can pull off.

accessibility... sheesh. Hopefully you can still somehow get it to shoot like the old one... or else the hookshot is no longer as useful as it once was... hell, if your opponent knows you're hooking right on to the ledge EVERYTIME its practically useless.

Hey, if it's making it easier, who cares? Besides, it has nowhere near the reach that ZSS's whip has. I'm thinking she's gonna be more of a pain tether-recovery-wise than Link will. Now, if he had the double Clawshot and could scale walls... then I would agree.

Let's just hope for cheapness-sake that his grab doesn't auto-aim, too.

--Jack Kieser

I really don't think it should be easier, because when they make something "easier" often times it takes away more complicated scenarios that you could have once done ... I mean, I'm sure accessibility to use these types of techniques is useful for people that aren't used to Smash's mechanics, but seriously,

It appears to be limiting when compared to Melee.

And now that you can charge the spin attack for added damage, I'm willing to bet a quick up+b won't be nearly as powerful as it was in Melee. This is a huge change to the play mechanics for Link. I mean, you shouldn't be using the spin attack very much on the ground anyway, but still. It may increase his jump distance though.

Those subtle changes will alter Link's playstyle a lot when you get down to the nitty gritty. May be for the best, or for the worst, but being a creature of habit that fears change, I'm in that adjustment phase. Hehe.

May be cool. I'll give it a shot. Link was my main in Melee. Fox was 2nd. Haha, but I've already told everyone that I'm going to main Snake for brawl since I'm in love with the MGS series regardless of whether Snake sucks total ass or not. haha. ^_^

Very happy with this update. In both a "that looks like fun" and a "that's an informative update" sense. Looks like they're really doing some fun and useful stuff with the B (er, "special") moves. A lot of Melee's somewhat useless B moves made me sad =(

The Hero’s Bow! It’s fast.

It had better be fast!

This leads me to believe that the boomerang will be not so fast. Good to add in some variety =D

The clawshot recovery... my guess is it'll still be harder to do that a spin attack recovery (ignoring your opponent), and will auto-aim only slightly. If your timing's so far off that it doesn't know which ledge you're trying to grab, it might not grab one. Then again, auto-aiming is not the only factor that'll make the clawshot recovery easier than in Melee...

Link is my main...

I don't belive they really put in the Gale Boomerang, I hope that won't be too powerful (or too weak :s )

The Spin Attack was maybe too powerful in Melee, it's right to make it chargeable but I hope will be useful anyway...

Learn how to grab to walls perfectly in Melee was a challenge...I hope that this will not ruined by the Clawshot...

Learn how to grab to walls perfectly in Melee was a challenge...I hope that this will not ruined by the Clawshot...

agree with you sir. I hope its not SO easy to do that you can't master it... I mean, no one would say they've mastered double jumping merely because "mastering" a simple double jump is ridiculously easy and .... just... it's not meant to be hard thus everyone does it. I hope that's not what the clawshot (and all the other tether recoveries become: just another special move.... not a wicked awesome way to recover because you've practiced pulling it off.

you know the instant I saw Zero Suit Samus's tether recovery I thought they might have gone with the auto target to ledge thing (primarily by means of the diagnol plasma whip). I don't know if ZSS has the same autoledge targetting thing that Link's clawshot has, but my guess is that all characters able to do a tether recovery now have this kind of functionality.

That's the first real gameplay mechanic alteration that I'm not too sure if I like. Don't really know how it works yet though, either. So more info would be cool. Now if it can home in on other things in the air, that would have some real use... I'm really curious about it all now. More questions! More questions! All in brain. Ahh.

They should have made it so you can grab characters in mid-air with the clawshot (just for a second) to kill their recoveries. If I'm going down I want to physically take someone with me... It would have worked so well with the Devil AT...

Edit: Also, it says

It was difficult to aim in the previous game, but this time it automatically flies to the closest ledge, so it should be pretty simple to use.

Automatically flies to the closest ledge = no skill required whatsoever. Too bad.

They should have made it so you can grab characters in mid-air with the clawshot (just for a second) to kill their recoveries. If I'm going down I want to physically take someone with me... It would have worked so well with the Devil AT...

Edit: Also, it says

It was difficult to aim in the previous game, but this time it automatically flies to the closest ledge, so it should be pretty simple to use.

Automatically flies to the closest ledge = no skill required whatsoever. Too bad.

Too bad you'll most likely still need to sweet spot it otherwise they'll just smack you off the stage again

wow!! That's really cool!! The scenes we've seen so far are really epic!!!

It's cool to see Rob in yet another game.

Single player story information makes me happy. ^_^

Petey Pirahnna was never a favorite of mine, but he looks pretty evil. Dude, he likes owns Peach and Zelda in those cages smashing them together. Damn, that's mean! haha.

And where'd that cannonball come from? King K. Rool?