Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I am surprised Diddy wasn't introduced in Melee. Perhaps because he didn't originate with Nintendo, but rather with Rare. Darn, I hope that doesn't count as a character from an outside developer.

Actually, nintendo took the entire donkey kong IP and everything with it when they sold rare. So diddy is entirely first party.

I am surprised Diddy wasn't introduced in Melee. Perhaps because he didn't originate with Nintendo, but rather with Rare. Darn, I hope that doesn't count as a character from an outside developer.

I don't think it counts as an outside dev. IIRC, part of what happened when Nintendo and Rare parted ways was that Nintendo got all the rights to Diddy and a bunch of other Donkey Kong stuff.

Besides, they don't seem to have minded using Rare's material in Melee -- Cranky Kong walks around inside the house on Melee's sunset DK level, and the other level has the DK Rap. Although why Melee didn't actually have Diddy is beyond me.

EDIT: Rambi as an assist trophy, please.

EDIT2: Argh! mattycat900 made my post unnecessary!

You are just gonna say it again as soon as an update is not up to your overblown expectations.

Why don't you just wait for the game to be released before you decide if its good or bad?

You make too many assumptions. I've been pretty much certain this game will be good since long before the updates started. So far I've complained not about the quality of the updates, but the lame things Sakurai's been throwing in the game, which damage that certainty. But now that Diddy Kong's in, nothing can make this game bad--and I wasn't even think he should be in, that's how perfect this surprise is.

In fact, I can pretty much quit paying attention to the site now. Just let me know if he gives any info on the online portion, because that will be like the sweet cherry on top of an already kick-ass gourmet dessert.

Well, I predicted that one a while ago. Peanut Popguns and Rocketbarrel Boost and all. (Ten bucks says that Forward-B is his signature Cartwheel Attack, not that anyone will take me up on that.) It's still cool though! Super-fast Monkey-Fu Diddy is gonna be schweeeet... Though, like many others, I also lament that Dixie is now very unlikely...

WHY DID YOU REPLACE HER WITH TINY IN DK64, NINTENDO?! WHY?!?!

Also, random thought: her name is Dixie Kong. I'm now imagining the bizarre yet amusing idea of a chimpanzee with a Southern accent. Why did I not notice this before?...

Anyone else noticing that Snake is pretty much getting the shank here?

Codycrusader made a post that reminded me of a conversation I had with a friend about a few weeks ago. I joked saying that Snake is just a cameo character and will have nothing to do with the Subspace Emissary, but now I am thinking that that might be true.

Actually, I think it's more likely that it'll be his running-A move.

I think that's more likely... Forward B might be the orange bombs or something. Also, the DK rap doesn't seem so bad anymore, unless you take it seriously. I hope his "awkward movement" won't mean he runs like Wario or something, that would ruin it. There's a definite precedent I hope they look at when doing this (and also do some motion capture of Cyril Raffaelli :P)

Diddy's left hand in that first pic creeps me out though

Nah, I think Sakurai just means Diddy'll move like a typical, agile, little monkey. Awkward compared to other characters I guess.

As for Snake, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't involved with the adventure mode. It might be a Nintendo only thing.